Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
Icy
Pro Starter

Rock Band Unplugged PSP

Any of you guys tried it? While i'm waiting to find a good deal in RB2 for Ps3, i decided to try this first, as usually my PSP gets more playing time than my PS3 or wii.

I must say that i'm a totally newbie to any RB game in any console. My only advantage is that i have player guitar for over 10 years in a band, so i have the hands coordination and specially the rhythm and musical sense.

It seems it's exactly like the big consols game, of course without a major thing, the plastic instruments. You play with the PSP buttons so maybe it would kill the excitement for most of you who wan to actually play like real instruments, but the game is so fun regardless and has also the career mode and downloadable content. Also not having instruments is great if you give the PSP the use it was thought for, playing while in trips, at bed, waiting for something, etc. Imagine yourself playing with a plastic guitar at the airport...

It has also a feature that is not in RB2, that is that you can switch instrument anytime in the middle fo a song. Let's say you are playing drums and a big guitar solo is comming, you can switch to guitar with a couple of button pushes and play that solo, then get back to drums, all that in real time and without stopping the song. Also in the career mode, you can act as the whole band, and switch from one instrument to another to raise the show rating.

The only drawback is that there is not any multiplayer mode, it's just a solo game focused mainly in the career world tour mode, that is fine for me as i don't have friends interested on this kind of games, my kid is still too young and my wife just doesn't care about anything with buttons

Here is a lond a positive review of the game:
IGN: Rock Band Unplugged Review

Last edited by Icy : 06-11-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote