Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Hmm Seems a little on the high side.

I actually did play both of these games and boy were they ugly and horrible. They effectively killed Microleague and were so bad Sports Illustrated stopped running ads for it within a month.

Who in their right mind would pay this much for these? Even if they were good! If you don't feel like clicking. The baseball game is going for around 80 dollars and the football game can be had at just 68 dollars!

MicroLeague Pro Football 97 + Manual PC CD game! BOX - eBay (item 260359103564 end time Jul-07-09 23:52:13 PDT)

MicroLeague Baseball 6.0 + Manual PC CD sports MLB game - eBay (item 260383793110 end time Jun-24-09 10:27:30 PDT)

LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
JediKooter
Coordinator

Somebody must have been on the pipe when they did that ad on ebay. Are these two games highly sought after rare gems or something?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

The last few Baseball 6.0's that sold in March went for $73 and $90. Those were the only PC ones I can find.

There were no recent Microleague football sales in the last 90 days.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
The last few Baseball 6.0's that sold in March went for $73 and $90. Those were the only PC ones I can find.

There were no recent Microleague football sales in the last 90 days.

XCOM: UFO Defense Collecters Edition (all three XCOM games) is very similar. A working copy with box will go for $80 easily.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
XCOM: UFO Defense Collecters Edition (all three XCOM games) is very similar. A working copy with box will go for $80 easily.

Odd, considering you could have purchased all three for like $10 off Steam (zero compatibaility issues with a new machine). In fact, I bought the original X-Com for either $2.99 or $5.00 or something like that.

The second game is a complete waste of time. It's beyond awful and nearly unplayable.

Not sure about the third one. Never played it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
RendeR
Coordinator

Can you still get X-Com (original?)
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
cuervo72
Head Coach

I had MicroLeague 6.0 - it was a present from my wife back in the day. I was really excited about it at the time, but it turned out to be very disappointing ( which I felt bad about considering it was a gift). And I think it did effectively kill the "franchise".
Old 06-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #8
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Can you still get X-Com (original?)

None are printed anymore, hence the reason for the markup. As mentioned, you can get them on Steam, but the disc versions are not available.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #9
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
None are printed anymore, hence the reason for the markup. As mentioned, you can get them on Steam, but the disc versions are not available.

And Steam would really be the way to go. Over the last 10+ years I have purchased mutliple X-Com CDs and have always had compatibility issues with my machines. Either the entire game wouldn't work, it'd be way too fast, there'd be no sound, the game would crash constantly, etc.

The disc versions really haven't been worth the effort, though I always got them for cheap and couldn't resist.

I bought the original game off Steam a while ago. I only played it for a few hours, but it was running very smoothly.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 06-08-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #10
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I'd bet most of the people getting the games are not planning on playing them. They are probably just collectors and you definitely are either a collector or a non-collector.

In this case, a non-collector doesn't see the point of spending $80 for a game where it could be had for much less. They don't care about something sitting around unless they can use it. If they can't use it, they have no use for it and items like this are just discarded like so much rubbish. Non-collectors are amazed that someone would even consider paying more than $1 for anything and anyone that spends more is an idiot.

A collector wants the original article in their hands. Someone that buys a Rembrandt painting for $10M, you don't just tell them to blow up a picture and hang it on the wall so they can't understand how you wouldn't want the real article. Collectors will pay whatever they feel is a good market value to get a piece. Collectors are amazed that everyone doesn't know the value of said item and you are an idiot for not knowing this.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote