Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-03-2009, 11:06 AM   #51
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
Pumpy signed up - that's reason enough to do it

awww hell that's true. i can follow the adventures of pumpytudorman in real-time on twitter!!

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #52
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Show me somewhere that he has talked about side projects.

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I've seen. I certainly don't care enough to go look for it. If he is living only off his Solecismic revenue, then he's a warrior, and that makes a grand total of 2 solo developers.

If he lives only off Solecismic then the marketing and release schedule are even worse then they seem.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #53
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchjm24 View Post
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I've seen. I certainly don't care enough to go look for it. If he is living only off his Solecismic revenue, then he's a warrior, and that makes a grand total of 2 solo developers.

If he lives only off Solecismic then the marketing and release schedule are even worse then they seem.

He has specifically said that a) it is his only job and b) that he only works 6 months out of the year (for instance, down the river was for "fun" in the non-working 6 months)

Now, on to your other points. I have stated this many times, but my belief is that the only future for text sims (that is, profitable future) is in web-based games. Games like Travian and GLB have been rather successful, and one of those with a very flawed system (GLB). There is a huge market out there and a path has been set that these types of games can be successful. The desktop text sim market just isn't going to expand that much.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #54
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:

As LS said - while I've never seen him say "I absolutely do not do any side projects", he has consistently said that this is his only job and I've never seen him mention side projects (unless you count UaDtR - which was a side project independently developed by him and under his company).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #55
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
As LS said - while I've never seen him say "I absolutely do not do any side projects", he has consistently said that this is his only job and I've never seen him mention side projects (unless you count UaDtR - which was a side project independently developed by him and under his company).

My bad on Jim then. Hard to believe someone who derives 100% of his living off his games wouldn't release something more often. I guess if you don't care to maximize your earnings it can be done.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #56
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
My bad on Jim then. Hard to believe someone who derives 100% of his living off his games wouldn't release something more often. I guess if you don't care to maximize your earnings it can be done.

FWIW - It wouldn't completely shock me if he is working on side projects, but based on his comments and the lack of (that I've seen) a statement about side projects I do not believe that he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote