Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-07-2003, 05:55 AM   #401
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Breeze- what's Joe trying out in sparring this week? This looks like a really tough match for Hurricane to prepare for.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-07-2003 at 05:56 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:59 AM   #402
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Pre-Fight Assessment - George Foreman

Joe Joe O`Kelly 5-2-0 (5/1) vs Hard Crush 5-2-0 (5/1)

"I'm glad they asked me to do this breakdown. I love both these fighers. They are arguably the best 5 and 2 fighters in the heavyweight division. But I got to tell you I think Hard Crush is the best 5-2 out there. His only losses came to the same fighter 6-1 Swinging Crane, who's only loss came to an undefeated fighter from the Art of Pugilism gym...maybe the best gym out there. Crush is a punishing fighter who already beat FOFC gym member Blade in his first fight. Joe Joe is a big puncher, but he is slow and his inability to chase down Joe Blow last week cost him a win."

-----------Predictions-------------------

Foreman "Crush does what Joe Joe does only he's more active. That activity level is going to be the difference. If you are sitting ringside you might want to bring a rain coat. There is going to be some blood splattered here. Crush with an 8th round KO."

Kellerman "The loser of this fight might have to go to the hospital. Hell the winner might have to go as well. This one is going to be brutal. Watch out for all the train-wreak personalities in the stands rooting for blood. I'll take Crush with a mid round KO."

Merchant "I think Joe Joe stays patient, takes a few punches and then, turns it on in the middle rounds to KO Crush."
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 06:03 AM   #403
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Gentleman,

I wanted to alert you all....that I will be leaving town tonight and I won't return until Sunday night. That means the Hurricane Saunders and Butcher Babson results won't be posted till probably Monday (sorry guys). It also means I have to get all the fight plans built today. If you have any suggestions or questions please let me know ASAP.

SI - I need to know how you want to fight tonight. If you read the Assessment you'll see that this one is a toss up both in results and the way we go about it. I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other...so give me an idea and we'll run with it. To let you know...we are winning in sparring at about a 65% rate with either style.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:05 AM   #404
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

SI, Travis, Blade, and Saint (if you're still out there - haven't heard from you in a while)

Sign up for the Boxing Tourney. If the 4 of you get in we'll have 14 - meaning at worse I'll only have to generate 2 random boxers for this fight.

Thanks,
Breeze
Old 08-07-2003, 06:13 AM   #405
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Oh, I'm definately in the tourney. I must have completely missed the signup.

As for the fight, I think it's safer to fight outside- Hurricane's proven he's a great dancer and if we're running the same rate both ways, I think it's best to stick with the safer one where we won't get knocked out if he goes for an errant all out round or something. If we're winning in sparring, make him take the chances and fight out of character.

SI

Old 08-07-2003, 07:29 AM   #406
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Not a problem Breeze. If there's any major problem in sparring, let me know, but it didn't sound too daunting. Have a good trip,

JAG
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 08:26 AM   #407
Blade
College Prospect

Sorry, been away from the board for the past few days...I will definitely sign up for the tourney!

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 05:29 AM   #408
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 175 pounds (79 kilograms) with a record of 6 wins, 0 draws, and 2 losses fighting for Cus` old place out of Raleigh, North Carolina is Breath Schwentker!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 175 pounds (79 kilograms) with a record of 5 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders!!

This bout is scheduled for 12 rounds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROUND 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schwentker is counter-punching. (counter-punching)
Hurricane fights from outside. (outside)

According to the Commentators:

Breath Schwentker landed 7 of 27 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (27 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 34 of 67 punches -- 2 power punches, 30 jabs, 2 rights. (74 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 10-9.

Schwentker doesn't need to rest.

Hurricane doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Breath Schwentker landed 6 of 25 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (23 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 37 of 71 punches -- 2 power punches, 33 jabs, 2 rights. (80 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 20-18.

ROUND 3

Breath Schwentker landed 7 of 27 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (27 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 35 of 76 punches -- 2 power punches, 31 jabs, 2 rights. (76 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 30-27.

ROUND 4

Schwentker goes toe-to-toe. (inside)
Hurricane backpedals. (outside)

Schwentker jars Hurricane with a head butt! It appears unintentional, but the referee stops the action and issues a warning!

Breath Schwentker landed 14 of 58 punches -- 6 power punches, 2 jabs, 6 rights. (46 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 19 of 45 punches -- 2 power punches, 15 jabs, 2 rights. (44 points)

Breath Schwentker won the round 10-9 by hitting harder.

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 39-37.

Hurricane remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 5

Breath Schwentker landed 19 of 59 punches -- 8 power punches, 3 jabs, 8 rights. (62 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 27 of 52 punches -- 3 power punches, 21 jabs, 3 rights. (63 points)

This round was a 10-10 tie.

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 49-47.

ROUND 6

Breath Schwentker landed 17 of 59 punches -- 7 power punches, 3 jabs, 7 rights. (55 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 23 of 51 punches -- 2 power punches, 19 jabs, 2 rights. (52 points)

Breath Schwentker won the round 10-9 with power punching.

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 58-57.

ROUND 7

Breath Schwentker landed 7 of 29 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (27 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 32 of 72 punches -- 2 power punches, 28 jabs, 2 rights. (70 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 68-66.

Hurricane grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 8

Hurricane is backpedaling. (using the ring)

Breath Schwentker landed 15 of 55 punches -- 6 power punches, 3 jabs, 6 rights. (48 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 19 of 54 punches -- 2 power punches, 15 jabs, 2 rights. (44 points)

Breath Schwentker won the round 10-9 with power punching.

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 77-76.

Schwentker remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 9

Schwentker fights from outside. (outside)

Breath Schwentker landed 36 of 86 punches -- 4 power punches, 28 jabs, 4 rights. (84 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 44 of 82 punches -- 2 power punches, 40 jabs, 2 rights. (94 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 87-85.

ROUND 10

Hurricane dances around the ring. (using the ring)

Breath Schwentker landed 37 of 77 punches -- 4 power punches, 29 jabs, 4 rights. (86 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 24 of 62 punches -- 2 power punches, 20 jabs, 2 rights. (54 points)

Breath Schwentker won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 96-95.

ROUND 11

Breath Schwentker landed 32 of 87 punches -- 3 power punches, 26 jabs, 3 rights. (73 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 48 of 92 punches -- 2 power punches, 44 jabs, 2 rights. (102 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 106-104.

Hurricane is obviously tired.

ROUND 12

Breath Schwentker landed 8 of 40 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (31 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 23 of 51 punches -- 1 power punch, 21 jabs, 1 right. (49 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 116-113.

Hurricane is obviously tired.

The judges' decisions are:

Judge Roy Bean scores the fight as follows:

Round 1: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 2: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 3: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 4: Breath Schwentker 10-9
Round 5: Breath Schwentker 10-9
Round 6: Breath Schwentker 10-9
Round 7: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 8: Breath Schwentker 10-9
Round 9: A 10-10 tie.
Round 10: Breath Schwentker 10-9
Round 11: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 12: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9

Total Score: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 115-114

Judge Judy scores the fight as follows:

Round 4: Breath Schwentker 10-9
Round 5: Breath Schwentker 10-9
Round 8: Breath Schwentker 10-9
Round 9: A 10-10 tie.

Total Score: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 115-114

Judge Lao Mang Chen scores the fight as follows:

Round 4: A 10-10 tie.
Round 5: A 10-10 tie.
Round 8: A 10-10 tie.
Round 9: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9

Total Score: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 118-113

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders wins by decision!

Last edited by Breeze : 08-11-2003 at 06:10 AM.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:35 AM   #409
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Interview - Joe Bagadonuts

Kellerman, "This was a great fight Joe. Did you think you had it won when it went to the cards."

Joe "You never know with judges, but I though we had done more in the fight than Breath."

Sugar Ray, "I was glad to see Hurricane box more. I think he can be a great boxer. What was your assessment of performance?"

Joe "I was happy with the way he boxed. It took a lot out of him however, and that is a bit concerning. I would have hated to have to go another round. I think we would have been real vulnerable, Hurricane was having a hard time keeping his hands up."

Burt Sugar,"Did it suprise you that Breath came out punching rather than dancing?"

Joe "Yes it did. I was glad to see it though. You can see how tired we were at the end of the fight. If Breath had gone with is typical fight plan throwing 40+ punches a round we probably would have passed out trying to match that effort."

Last edited by Breeze : 08-11-2003 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:38 AM   #410
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Friday, August 8
In this corner, standing 6 feet and 4 inches (193 centimeters) tall weighing in at 190 pounds (86 kilograms) with a record of 2 wins, 0 draws, and 0 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Brian "The Butcher" Babson!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 190 pounds (86 kilograms) with a record of 2 wins, 0 draws, and 0 losses fighting for Little Rock Athletic Club out of Little Rock, Arkansas is Jay Patangia!!

ROUND 1

The Butcher fights from outside. (outside)
Patangia goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 51 of 72 punches -- 3 power punches, 45 jabs, 3 rights. (111 points)
Jay Patangia landed 4 of 32 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 10-9.

The Butcher doesn't need to rest.

Patangia doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 47 of 69 punches -- 3 power punches, 41 jabs, 3 rights. (103 points)
Jay Patangia landed 4 of 35 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 20-18.

ROUND 3

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 44 of 78 punches -- 2 power punches, 40 jabs, 2 rights. (94 points)
Jay Patangia landed 4 of 29 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 30-27.

ROUND 4

The Butcher backpedals. (outside)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 24 of 46 punches -- 3 power punches, 18 jabs, 3 rights. (57 points)
Jay Patangia landed 4 of 36 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 40-36.

The Butcher remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 5

The Butcher backpedals. (outside)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 18 of 34 punches -- 2 power punches, 14 jabs, 2 rights. (42 points)
Jay Patangia landed 4 of 30 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 50-45.

ROUND 6

Patangia throws a quick hook to the eye. The Butcher covers up. Oh, he's hurt! That really hurt him!

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 28 of 75 punches -- 1 power punch, 26 jabs, 1 right. (59 points)
Jay Patangia landed 6 of 38 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (23 points)

Jay Patangia won the round 10-9 by stunning The Butcher.

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 59-55.

ROUND 7

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 30 of 61 punches -- 2 power punches, 26 jabs, 2 rights. (66 points)
Jay Patangia landed 4 of 26 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 69-64.

The Butcher remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has swelling around his left eye.

ROUND 8

Oof! Patangia slams The Butcher with a powerful overhand right to the chin!! The crowd roars!! The Butcher grimaces in pain.

Patangia annoys The Butcher with a hook to the head. The Butcher seems wobbly!! It looks like he might go down..

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 17 of 43 punches -- 1 power punch, 15 jabs, 1 right. (37 points)
Jay Patangia landed 5 of 36 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (19 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 78-74.

The Butcher grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has swelling around his left eye.

ROUND 9

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 40 of 69 punches -- 2 power punches, 36 jabs, 2 rights. (86 points)
Jay Patangia landed 4 of 36 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 88-83.

The Butcher grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has swelling around his left eye. He has bleeding below his left eye.

ROUND 10

Patangia attacks with a sharp roundhouse to the chin. The Butcher covers up. Oh, he's hurt! That really hurt him!

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 22 of 55 punches -- 1 power punch, 20 jabs, 1 right. (47 points)
Jay Patangia landed 6 of 41 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (23 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 97-93.

The Butcher grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has swelling around his left eye. He has bleeding below his left eye.

ROUND 11

Patangia wallops The Butcher with a big roundhouse to the solar plexus!! The crowd is on its feet!! The Butcher is hurt! He barely keeps his feet under him!

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 20 of 56 punches -- 1 power punch, 18 jabs, 1 right. (43 points)
Jay Patangia landed 8 of 40 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (30 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 106-103.

The Butcher is obviously tired. He has his left eye badly swollen. He has a cut below his left eye. He has a bloody nose.

ROUND 12

Patangia jars The Butcher with a big hook to the mouth!! The crowd is on its feet!! The Butcher seems wobbly!! It looks like he might go down..

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 21 of 48 punches -- 1 power punch, 19 jabs, 1 right. (45 points)
Jay Patangia landed 6 of 37 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (23 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 115-113.

The Butcher is obviously tired. He has his left eye closed from swelling. He has a cut below his left eye. He has a bloody nose.

The judges' decisions are:

Judge Roy Bean scores the fight as follows:

Round 1: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 2: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 3: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 4: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 5: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 6: Jay Patangia 10-9
Round 7: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 8: Jay Patangia 10-9
Round 9: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 10-9
Round 10: Jay Patangia 10-9
Round 11: Jay Patangia 10-9
Round 12: Jay Patangia 10-9

Total Score: Brian "The Butcher" Babson 115-113

Judge Judy scores the fight as follows:

Judge Lao Mang Chen scores the fight as follows:

Brian "The Butcher" Babson wins by decision!

Last edited by Breeze : 08-11-2003 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:44 AM   #411
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Sugar Ray "Did thefinal scores on the cards being close take you by suprise?"

Joe "It really did. I felt we out worked Patangia every round. I know we were stunned a few times, but that is hardly enough to overlook the fact we doubled the number of punches landed."

Foreman, "Butcher appears to be getting stronger."

Joe, "Yeah, carring that bar bell around seems to be helping."
Old 08-11-2003, 05:46 AM   #412
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 11 inches (180 centimeters) tall weighing in at 256 pounds (116 kilograms) with a record of 5 wins, 0 draws, and 2 losses fighting for No Fear out of Murfreesboro , Tennessee is Hard Crush!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 7 inches (201 centimeters) tall weighing in at 295 pounds (134 kilograms) with a record of 5 wins, 0 draws, and 2 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Joe Joe O`Kelly!!

ROUND 1

Crush is clinching a lot. (clinching)
O`Kelly is clinching a lot. (clinching)

O`Kelly smashes Crush with a painful hook to the ribs!! The crowd roars!! Crush grimaces in pain.

Crush jars O`Kelly with a big uppercut to the solar plexus!! The crowd roars!!

Crush jars O`Kelly with an illegal rabbit punch! The audience is howling!

Hard Crush landed 6 of 33 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (23 points)
Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 10 of 29 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (38 points)

Joe Joe O`Kelly won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

Joe Joe O`Kelly is winning the fight 10-9.

Crush doesn't need to rest.

O`Kelly remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 2

Crush jars O`Kelly with a strong uppercut to the solar plexus!! The crowd roars!!

Crush jars O`Kelly with a low blow! The audience is howling!

Hard Crush landed 6 of 28 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (23 points)
Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 10 of 30 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (38 points)

Joe Joe O`Kelly won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

Joe Joe O`Kelly is winning the fight 20-18.

Crush remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

O`Kelly is obviously tired.

ROUND 3

Crush jars O`Kelly with a low blow! This is unbelievable!

Crush jars O`Kelly with a big hook to the ribs!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Hard Crush landed 6 of 30 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (23 points)
Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 6 of 31 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (23 points)

Joe Joe O`Kelly is winning the fight 30-28.

Crush remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

O`Kelly looks exhausted.

ROUND 4

Crush jars O`Kelly with a blow to the groin! The referee stops the action and issues a warning!

Crush jars O`Kelly with a powerful hook to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!! O`Kelly grimaces in pain.

Hard Crush landed 5 of 34 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (19 points)
Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 5 of 19 punches -- 2 power punches, 1 jab, 2 rights. (16 points)

Hard Crush won the round 10-9 with aggressive power punching.

Joe Joe O`Kelly is winning the fight 39-38.

Crush grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

O`Kelly collapses limply onto his stool.

ROUND 5

Crush slams O`Kelly with a big hook to the head!! The crowd is on its feet!! O`Kelly grimaces in pain.

Crush jars O`Kelly with a big right to the eye!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Crush jars O`Kelly with a big right hand to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Crush lands a decisive hook and O`Kelly is lifted off his feet onto his back!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Hard Crush wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 2:36

Last edited by Breeze : 08-11-2003 at 06:12 AM.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:55 AM   #413
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Foreman, "Some serious punching this fight. Why did Joe Joe come out on the short end?"

Joe,"Cause we don't move particularly well. If we can't move we can't get out of the way of his punches, and Crush throws some mean punches."

Foreman, "Why didn't you attack more?"

Joe, "You saw how quickly we tired. I was hoping we could take a few more punches. Then when Crush was tired we would up our level of work. Unfortunately he got us before we he tired."
Old 08-11-2003, 05:56 AM   #414
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 2 inches (188 centimeters) tall weighing in at 224 pounds (102 kilograms) with a record of 4 wins, 0 draws, and 2 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Les "their" Cherries!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 1 inch(185 centimeters) tall weighing in at 218 pounds (99 kilograms) with a record of 3 wins, 0 draws, and 2 losses fighting for Boston Bruisers out of Benton, Kentucky is MojoJojo3!!

ROUND 1

their is clinching a lot. (clinching)

Les "their" Cherries landed 14 of 29 punches -- 12 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (54 points)
MojoJojo3 landed 37 of 52 punches -- 11 power punches, 15 jabs, 11 rights. (107 points)

MojoJojo3 won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

MojoJojo3 is winning the fight 10-9.

their doesn't need to rest. He has swelling around his left eye. He has swelling around his right eye.

MojoJojo3 doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Les "their" Cherries landed 12 of 31 punches -- 11 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (47 points)
MojoJojo3 landed 31 of 52 punches -- 9 power punches, 13 jabs, 9 rights. (89 points)

MojoJojo3 is winning the fight 20-18.

their remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has swelling around his left eye. He has swelling around his right eye. He has bleeding over his left eye.

MojoJojo3 grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 3

Les "their" Cherries landed 10 of 35 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (39 points)
MojoJojo3 landed 31 of 56 punches -- 9 power punches, 13 jabs, 9 rights. (89 points)

MojoJojo3 is winning the fight 30-27.

their grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has his left eye nearly swollen shut. He has his right eye badly swollen. He has bleeding over his left eye.

MojoJojo3 grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 4

their is throwing big punches. (inside)

their pummels MojoJojo3 with a big hook to the head!! The crowd is on its feet!!

their lands a telling left straight and MojoJojo3 falls senseless!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

MojoJojo3 doesn't look like he'll beat the count -- but he does! and the fight goes on!

Les "their" Cherries landed 10 of 39 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (39 points)
MojoJojo3 landed 17 of 41 punches -- 5 power punches, 7 jabs, 5 rights. (49 points)

Les "their" Cherries won the round 10-8 for the knockdown.

MojoJojo3 is winning the fight 38-37.

their is obviously tired. He has his left eye nearly swollen shut. He has his right eye nearly swollen shut. He has bleeding over his left eye.

MojoJojo3 is obviously tired.

ROUND 5

Les "their" Cherries landed 1 of 9 punches -- 1 power punch, 0 jabs, 0 right. (4 points)
MojoJojo3 landed 18 of 49 punches -- 5 power punches, 8 jabs, 5 rights. (51 points)

MojoJojo3 is winning the fight 48-46.

their is obviously tired. He has his left eye nearly swollen shut. He has his right eye nearly swollen shut. He has bleeding over his left eye.

ROUND 6

Les "their" Cherries landed 1 of 9 punches -- 1 power punch, 0 jabs, 0 right. (4 points)
MojoJojo3 landed 23 of 44 punches -- 7 power punches, 9 jabs, 7 rights. (67 points)

MojoJojo3 is winning the fight 58-55.

their grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has his left eye nearly swollen shut. He has his right eye nearly swollen shut. He has bleeding over his left eye.

ROUND 7

Les "their" Cherries landed 1 of 10 punches -- 1 power punch, 0 jabs, 0 right. (4 points)
MojoJojo3 landed 18 of 51 punches -- 5 power punches, 8 jabs, 5 rights. (51 points)

MojoJojo3 is winning the fight 68-64.

their grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has his left eye nearly swollen shut. He has his right eye nearly swollen shut. He has bleeding over his left eye.

ROUND 8

Les "their" Cherries landed 6 of 38 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (23 points)
MojoJojo3 landed 24 of 47 punches -- 7 power punches, 10 jabs, 7 rights. (69 points)

MojoJojo3 is winning the fight 78-73.

their grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has his left eye nearly swollen shut. He has his right eye closed from swelling. He has bleeding over his left eye.

MojoJojo3 is slowing down.

ROUND 9

their jolts MojoJojo3 with a vicious hook to the stomach!! The crowd roars!! MojoJojo3 grimaces in pain.

Les "their" Cherries landed 4 of 38 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)
MojoJojo3 landed 21 of 53 punches -- 6 power punches, 9 jabs, 6 rights. (60 points)

MojoJojo3 is winning the fight 88-82.

their is obviously tired. He has his left eye nearly swollen shut. He has his right eye closed from swelling. He has bleeding over his left eye.

MojoJojo3 is slowing down.

ROUND 10

their goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

their wallops MojoJojo3 with a big hook to the face!! The crowd is on its feet!!

their throws a quick hook to the temple. MojoJojo3 seems dazed. He's out on his feet!!

Les "their" Cherries landed 5 of 37 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (19 points)
MojoJojo3 landed 13 of 43 punches -- 4 power punches, 5 jabs, 4 rights. (38 points)

Les "their" Cherries won the round 10-9 by stunning MojoJojo3.

MojoJojo3 is winning the fight 97-92.

their is obviously tired. He has his left eye nearly swollen shut. He has his right eye closed from swelling. He has bleeding over his left eye. He has a fractured nose.

MojoJojo3 looks exhausted.

ROUND 11

Les "their" Cherries landed 0 of 9 punches -- 0 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (0 points)
MojoJojo3 landed 15 of 51 punches -- 4 power punches, 7 jabs, 4 rights. (42 points)

MojoJojo3 is winning the fight 107-101.

their is obviously tired. He has his left eye nearly swollen shut. He has his right eye closed from swelling. He has bleeding over his left eye. He has a fractured nose.

MojoJojo3 looks exhausted.

ROUND 12

their throws everything he's got! (all out)

Oh! their jars MojoJojo3 with a big sweeping right to the head!! The crowd is on its feet!! MojoJojo3 grimaces in pain.

their lands a terrific right uppercut and MojoJojo3's mouth guard flies into the far corner -- he's down!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

MojoJojo3 doesn't look like he'll beat the count -- but he does! and the fight goes on!

MojoJojo3 jars their with a big hook to the chest!! The crowd is on its feet!!

their lands a monster blow to the head and MojoJojo3 collapses!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Les "their" Cherries wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 1:48

Last edited by Breeze : 08-11-2003 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:01 AM   #415
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Jim Lampley, "Going into the last round you need a KO, did you think Cherries would be able to get one?"

Joe, "I thought we had rested enough round that there would be something left for a 12 round spurt, but I didn't know of Moe was tired enough that Cherries punches would hurt him."

Merchant "Cherries showed alot of heart tonight. He had to have a hard time fighting with that much damage to his face. I'm sure he had a hard time seeing."

Joe, "I was proud of Cherries. I'm kind of surprised, Glad, but surprised the ref didn't stop the fight."
Old 08-11-2003, 06:02 AM   #416
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 2 inches (188 centimeters) tall weighing in at 244 pounds (111 kilograms) with a record of 4 wins, 0 draws, and 2 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Jace Hunter!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 1 inch(185 centimeters) tall weighing in at 229 pounds (104 kilograms) with a record of 3 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for Quick Hands and Fast Feet Gym out of Springfield, Missouri is Valentine Wolfe!!

ROUND 1

Hunter is clinching a lot. (clinching)

Hunter jars Wolfe with a big hook to the nose!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Hunter annoys Wolfe with an uppercut to the chest. Wolfe staggers into the ropes!!

Jace Hunter landed 18 of 33 punches -- 17 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (71 points)
Valentine Wolfe landed 26 of 49 punches -- 6 power punches, 14 jabs, 6 rights. (70 points)

Jace Hunter won the round 10-9 by stunning Wolfe.

Jace Hunter is winning the fight 10-9.

Hunter doesn't need to rest.

Wolfe remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 2

Hunter punches Wolfe with an uppercut to the stomach. Wolfe seems wobbly!! It looks like he might go down..

Hunter jars Wolfe with a big overhand right to the ribs!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Jace Hunter landed 17 of 30 punches -- 16 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (67 points)
Valentine Wolfe landed 21 of 47 punches -- 5 power punches, 11 jabs, 5 rights. (57 points)

Jace Hunter won the round 10-9 by stunning Wolfe.

Jace Hunter is winning the fight 20-18.

Hunter grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

Wolfe grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 3

Hunter lands a telling blow to the temple and Wolfe goes down!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

Wolfe staggers to his feet and the fight goes on!

Jace Hunter landed 16 of 32 punches -- 15 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (63 points)
Valentine Wolfe landed 19 of 48 punches -- 4 power punches, 11 jabs, 4 rights. (50 points)

Jace Hunter won the round 10-8 for the knockdown.

Jace Hunter is winning the fight 30-26.

Hunter grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

Wolfe is slowing down. He has swelling around his right eye.

ROUND 4

Hunter is throwing big punches. (inside)

Wolfe jars Hunter with a big roundhouse to the head!! The crowd roars!! Hunter grimaces in pain.

Hunter jars Wolfe with a painful roundhouse to the face!! The crowd is on its feet!! Wolfe staggers into the ropes!!

Hunter lands a big uppercut and Wolfe's mouth guard flies into the far corner -- he's down!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Jace Hunter wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 1:46

Last edited by Breeze : 08-11-2003 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:05 AM   #417
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Inteview - Joe Bagadonuts

Foreman "Unbelievable power punching from Hunter. Was that the plan?"

Joe, "We knew there was no way we could out point him, so we decided to throw caution to the wind and come out throwing bombs."

Atlas, "Throwing bombs is one thing, but 17 power punches is incredible."

Joe, "After Hunter got tagged a few times by Valentine's jab and it didn't hurt, he realized defense was unnecessary and he kept coming."

Atlas, "Would he have been able to keep up that level of effort?"

Joe, "I doubt it, but I'm not sure any fighter could withstand that barrage very long either."
Old 08-11-2003, 06:07 AM   #418
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 205 pounds (93 kilograms) with a record of 4 wins, 0 draws, and 3 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Cuts like a Razor "Blade"!!

In this corner, standing 7 feet and 1 inch(216 centimeters) tall weighing in at 312 pounds (142 kilograms) with a record of 9 wins, 0 draws, and 8 losses fighting for Killa Bee2 out of Fayettiville, North Carolina is Bip Bop Bam Boo!!

ROUND 1

Blade is backpedaling. (using the ring)
Boo fights from outside. (outside)

Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 8 of 33 punches -- 2 power punches, 4 jabs, 2 rights. (22 points)
Bip Bop Bam Boo landed 33 of 71 punches -- 5 power punches, 23 jabs, 5 rights. (81 points)

Bip Bop Bam Boo won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Bip Bop Bam Boo is winning the fight 10-9.

Blade doesn't need to rest.

Boo remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 2

Blade is backpedaling. (using the ring)

Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 13 of 39 punches -- 4 power punches, 5 jabs, 4 rights. (38 points)
Bip Bop Bam Boo landed 34 of 70 punches -- 5 power punches, 24 jabs, 5 rights. (83 points)

Bip Bop Bam Boo is winning the fight 20-18.

Boo is obviously tired.

ROUND 3

Blade goes for a clinch as soon as the bell rings! (clinching)

Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 4 of 22 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)
Bip Bop Bam Boo landed 25 of 72 punches -- 3 power punches, 19 jabs, 3 rights. (59 points)

Bip Bop Bam Boo is winning the fight 30-27.

Boo is slowing down.

ROUND 4

Blade traps his opponent against the ropes. (ropes)

Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 15 of 46 punches -- 7 power punches, 1 jab, 7 rights. (51 points)
Bip Bop Bam Boo landed 23 of 76 punches -- 3 power punches, 17 jabs, 3 rights. (55 points)

Bip Bop Bam Boo is winning the fight 40-37.

Boo requires medical attention from his trainer.

ROUND 5

Blade goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Blade attacks with a hook to the face. Boo is hurt!! He falls into a clinch and the ref forces them apart!

Blade jars Boo with a big left to the chest!! The crowd is on its feet!!
... Blade smells a knockout-- he's pounding away! Boo isn't defending himself! The Referee stops the fight!
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 1:54

Last edited by Breeze : 08-11-2003 at 06:15 AM.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:09 AM   #419
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Kellerman, "Blade must be a very tough individual. How hard is it to convence him to take a beating early?"

Joe, "Well, it took some explaining, but having used this strategy to our advantage numerous times, the sell isn't so tough anymore."
Old 08-11-2003, 06:38 AM   #420
condors
College Starter

how does bobby "baked" beans look in sparring this week?
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 06:59 AM   #421
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

condors,

Haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I'll let you know this afternoon. By the way... this is a rematch against a fighter you lost to.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:59 AM   #422
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Bobby Baked Beans will face off against "Fat Chance" DelMonte again. This is not a good match up for Beans, the first time around was a 12 round decission, in which DelMonte won 116 to 113. We still don't match up well.

For more info on the first fight look at the end of the 5th page and the beginning of the 6th.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:46 AM   #423
condors
College Starter

we tried to outpoint him last time and were not successfull, lets try to knock his stinking block off
Old 08-11-2003, 09:53 AM   #424
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Will do, but I have to warn you. It hasn't been too successful in training. Fat Chance has never even been Knocked Down in his carear.

Would you prefer to train strength, KO or conditioning. One of the first 2 is probabaly your best bet.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:57 AM   #425
condors
College Starter

maybe its best to train conditioning and try to out point him again?
Old 08-11-2003, 10:03 AM   #426
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

GO LES!
Old 08-11-2003, 10:07 AM   #427
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Condors,

Tried the conditioning thing again and I'm still losing 116 to 113 or 117 to 112. Plus I can't up your level of work any more than you already are doing, because your tiring in the 10th as is.

We can give it a go, but I honestly don't know what to tell you to do. I don't think Fat Chance has been attacked like you fought your last fight, but the sparring partner I built is still withstanding the barrage. (could be I have the sparring partner too good.)
Old 08-11-2003, 10:11 AM   #428
condors
College Starter

well he never hurt me even when i was tired last time forget defense maybe try a going with a 1 for defense and load up the power and hope for an early knockout
Old 08-11-2003, 10:12 AM   #429
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

will do.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:54 AM   #430
Blade
College Prospect

Nice, a good victory...Lets keep the momentum going!!!

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 10:58 AM   #431
Travis
Pro Rookie

[ We see Jace Hunter and Joe in the locker room following Jace's last fight. His gloves are just done being taken off and the boxer has a wry grin on his face. ]

Heh, bet he didn't not to see a jab tonight eh Joe? That was a great plan you put together tonight, now I just need to find an ice bag for my hand. Hope Wolfe didn't keep them all for his face.

[ With a chuckle he hops off the table and heads out, looking for a small touch of comfort for a throbbing hand. ]
Old 08-11-2003, 11:06 AM   #432
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Judge Roy Bean is settling in for the night, preparing for a nice night soaking in his hotel tub after judging a pair of close fights when he hears a knock at the door. Throwing a towel on, he rushes to the door and looks in the peephole but no one is there. He opens up the door and looks all around. At his feet is a bucket of chicken with a red ribbon wrapped around. Puzzled, he takes it inside and locks the door.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-11-2003 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:36 PM   #433
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

This tread is getting a little long. We'll pick this up in Round 2