Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-21-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

I love my new camera :)

I've been looking for a new camera for about a year now, even more so now that I'm going to be in Europe for about a month this summer. My old Sony DSC-P200 has been through the mill and it was time for a replacement.

I'd been looking for something with at least a 10x zoom because I got spoiled after my DSC-P200 was magically outfitted with a higher zoom when I sent it in for repairs a while back. I also wanted something that would take good indoor pictures, because as much as I loved my DSC-P200 for outdoor pictures, it wasn't very good at indoor pictures, especially with low light settings. Third, I wanted something with good image stabilization because my hands always get shaky when I take pictures.

So I'm in Best Buy today, just kind of idly browsing the cameras because I still hadn't found anything I liked in the last 12 months.

And then I tried the Sony DSC-H20.

It's not the prettiest camera, but I was stunned at the clarity of the pictures, even when I zoomed in from the back of the store all the way to the Best Buy Operations Star or whatever banners at the front of the store. It was -very- easy to use, had a terrific zoom for its price range ($280) and was small enough to be portable. The stability mode was fantastic too.

So I got it for my early birthday present and have been playing around with it since I got home. It took me a bit to make the adjustments so that it was able to make zoomed in pictures as clear as they were in the store, but once I did that, it was awesome.

The only problem I have with it is that the zoom isn't wide angle friendly at all. In fact, out of all the digital cameras I've used (including my mom's Canons), it's probably the least wide-angle friendly zoom of them all. So that part stinks, but like I say, it's my only issue with it right now.

But for its pricepoint and the features that it has, it's a great camera for me. I'm a point and shoot type who doesn't know much about how to manually adjust and the like, so I prefer everything as automated as possible.

If you guys are interested in pics, I'll see what I can get up in the next day or so. I need to test its outdoor capabilities anyway.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That's a really nice camera, I just wish it had a viewfinder. But still a very good choice(Even though it sucks balls you have to use MSPro duo)
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:12 AM   #3
Lorena
Unregistered

That's awesome Izulde! Start a dynasty I love looking at other people's pics.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
Izulde
Head Coach

Thanks, guys. And I probably will. Was just experimenting outside with it.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #5
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I also got a new camera recently. not amazing, an older model kodak digital, but with 12 x optical zoom and I absolutely love it. I'm in the process of doing a flickr/shutterfly photo blog / dynasty. Photography is tons of fun.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote