Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #51
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, used to play on Tuesdays and Thursdays and some Saturday Tourneys. Is that where you play?

Edit -- Nevermind, just saw in another post that is where you play. What league are you in?

Last edited by fantom1979 : 05-17-2009 at 09:59 PM.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #52
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
Yeah, used to play on Tuesdays and Thursdays and some Saturday Tourneys. Is that where you play?

Edit -- Nevermind, just saw in another post that is where you play. What league are you in?

Sunday's in a D League. I am not too happy with it because I feel like we can do some damage in a C minor league but we have a few guys still who need to be replaced according to our manager.

We play in a more competitive Friday league in Berkley. Looks like we might join up with a Wednesday league in Hazel Park near the end of summer as well.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:06 PM   #53
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

We usually play in a C-Major league, but this year due to some conflicts we are only playing on Thursdays (C-Minor) and Tournaments on Saturdays. I am really missing playing right now, I should be recovered by second season. Hopefully by then we will be back to playing 3 days a week.

I used to play up at Softball City, I don't know anyone that plays there anymore, I am not even sure if they are still open.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:08 PM   #54
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
We usually play in a C-Major league, but this year due to some conflicts we are only playing on Thursdays (C-Minor) and Tournaments on Saturdays. I am really missing playing right now, I should be recovered by second season. Hopefully by then we will be back to playing 3 days a week.

I used to play up at Softball City, I don't know anyone that plays there anymore, I am not even sure if they are still open.

That's awesome. This D league is a joke. Problem is I do see where our manager is coming from because there are 3 guys who just are friends of ours but we have now 2 guys for sure to replace them next year. I think we'd take some time getting in a grove in a C-Minor league. Hopefully next year. I am sick of the fact you are out if you put it out in a D league. Cost me two outs this year.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:16 AM   #55
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I did see something I have never seen before last night.

A double forfeit.

I didn't see the play, but apparently someone made a hard slide into 3rd and the fielder didn't like it so he kept the tag on him. A few shoves later and the bench for the runner empties out. It wasn't a brawl by any means, but a lot of words were exchanged. The umpire throws out the first one that curses, then throws out another...one on each side. Managers on both sides got animated and thrown out. More screaming, more yelling, and the umpire declares the game over and a double forfeit.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #56
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

We won 8-7 in extra innings tonight to go 3-0 for the season. I did only so-so, went 2 for 4 with a double and a single to put me at 9 for 11 on the season. Both of my outs were ropes that were caught. One by the Third base on a nice snag, and one was hit right at the left fielder.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #57
Travis
Pro Rookie

SCN9 update for those that were looking for info. We played in a tournament this weekend, decent results.

Weather was decent Saturday and Sunday (14-18˚C) with Sunday being a bit colder and windy (Monday was a wash, woke up to 0˚C and snow).

Had 10 AB's out of the 4 games we played Saturday and Sunday, used the SCN9 for 8 of those (used the Rocket Tech for 2 AB's in the early game to let things warm up a bit more). Ended up hitting 3 over the fence and had 2 that were warning track power to straight away center. No distances on the fences but they were decent sized fields.

The shots I hit with the SCN9 weren't my preferred style in that I was digging lower pitches (this tournament was filled with guys who'd like to drop their pitches on the front edge) and I prefer to try and wait for pitches waist up. This is encouraging to me in that I was getting enough of a line drive off those hits to still take them over the wall (and two of the home runs were to straight away center).

Pop and distance seems really solid even this early. Sweet spot wise I still haven't used it enough to tell how big the zone is as further checking after the hits showed that I was actually connecting in a pretty tight area. Only up to about 50 hits with the bat now, but our activity level picks up pretty dramatically starting next week, so getting to 150+ hits shouldn't take all that long.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #58
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I played in my first game on Friday. I missed Tuesday game because i had dislocated my shoulder the previous Sunday, but I was healthy enough (I thought so) to play Friday.

I batted 2nd in the order and went 1 for 3 with a single, 1 run scored and 2 SBs., and played Right Field. Our team won 15-3.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote