Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #51
Swaggs
Coordinator

That was excellent.

If I'm on the side that pulled off the blindside tonight, I would knock out the principal next, as she is someone that could win the vote. As much fun as it would be to see Coach get knocked out (would've been doubly satisfying if he was blindsided, but that seems unlikely now), it would be awfully tempting to try to get him to the finals because you know he isn't winning it.

Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #52
molson
General Manager

I've officially been sucked into reality TV. This has been extremely entertaining.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:23 PM   #53
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Last 2 weeks have been 2 of the best weeks ever on this show.

I am amazed at how dumb Tyson is. Why would you provoke Sierra when you know she is gonna be on the jury. Great to see Sierra stick it to him.

Next weeks looks great. I love it now that coach has to beg to Sierra.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:24 PM   #54
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

I am amazed at how dumb Tyson is. Why would you provoke Sierra when you know she is gonna be on the jury. Great to see Sierra stick it to him.

He made reference a few weeks ago to the fact that beating up Sierra wouldn't help him get any favors from her when she's on the jury, but that it might help him with everyone else. I guess he miscalculated that.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #55
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
He made reference a few weeks ago to the fact that beating up Sierra wouldn't help him get any favors from her when she's on the jury, but that it might help him with everyone else. I guess he miscalculated that.

thats just stupid.

are people really gonna say " I'm gonna vote for him because he was so mean to her"
Old 04-24-2009, 05:54 AM   #56
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Agreed. Usually the public choice to go home (in this case Sierra) knows when they really aren't going home. It was fun to see the shock on her face when she realized she wasn't and the shock on the faces of the people who thought she was going home.

yeah it was additionally hilarious because she had just said she wouldn't be blindsided tonight at least-and then was when she didn't go home
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:56 AM   #57
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

It has been a while since I was happier to see someone go home than I was to see Tyson go home last night. He is a grade A jerk, and last night couldn't have happened to a better person.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:01 AM   #58
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
It has been a while since I was happier to see someone go home than I was to see Tyson go home last night. He is a grade A jerk, and last night couldn't have happened to a better person.

My wife had the same comments. It's one thing to play the game in an 'evil' manner. It's another thing to just be a rude jackass.

As someone mentioned before, the reaction from Sierra including the tears was priceless. It's probably best that she didn't know she was going home as she actually put on a very good battle with Tyson that could help her later.

I was critical in this thread last week of Taj's alliance, but they did a tremendous job this week and have really put the alliance back into play with Sierra likely to help them out. Stephen is a bit concerning, as he tends to not always think things through, but it's easy for me to say that when I'm not hungry and sleeping indoors. It's easy to forget what those conditions can do to these players.

Also, didn't see it mentioned, but the exchange between Coach and Jeff Probst was very funny. Coach went on and on talking about winning the honorable way and keeping the strong players in the game like a warrior. Jeff: "You mean like Brandon?"

The camera then switched over to the laughing players only to switch back to show Coach smiling and immediately backtracking on his previous comment. Awesome.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 04-24-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #59
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Probst has coach so figured out and pusjes all the right buttons.

I love after the reward challenge Probst says " all your life lessons didn't help" and coacf says " I nevep put up boards in the amazon"
Old 05-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #60
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

No love for Eddie George making an appearance?
Old 05-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #61
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I was thinking the same.. and I was also thinking that everyone was probably like, "Damn, we don't get to hang out with Eddie.."
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #62
Poli
FOFC Survivor

"Guess what they call me in this game? Dragon Slayer, because I'm slayingall the dragons. I'm running this friggin' show, let me tell you that right now."
Old 05-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #63
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
"Guess what they call me in this game? Dragon Slayer, because I'm slayingall the dragons. I'm running this friggin' show, let me tell you that right now."

As much as I dislike the guy, he has made this season more enjoyable from his idiotic statements. And I love how Jeff pretty much rips on him at every tribal council. Hilarious.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #64
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
As much as I dislike the guy, he has made this season more enjoyable from his idiotic statements. And I love how Jeff pretty much rips on him at every tribal council. Hilarious.

Agreed. The show usually becomes pretty boring once the biggest a-holes get voted out, so I'm glad that he is still hanging around. I'm almost to the point where I am starting to feel bad for him (with his visitor being a co-worker and him continually needing to make stuff up to "impress" others).
Old 05-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #65
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I did think about the coworker bit. Imagine how the family reacted when asked to go to Brazil.

"Hey, you're Coach's family. We'd love for one of you to meet him in Brazil should he make it out there for 33 days."

"Right, you see, the thing is we have dental appointments and those are hard to come by these days."

"All of you?"

"Yes."
Old 05-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #66
Atocep
Coordinator

I really would have liked to see someone out of the Stephen, Taj, JT group swing a big move and ally with Sierra, Erinn, and Coach. Sierra, especially, was a very useful player to have around and I would have been fighting to keep her around as long as possible. Considering how annoyed everyone was with her I don't see how she could have gotten a vote if she made it to the finals. I don't see Erinn getting votes either. Coach could pull off a vote or 2 (maybe, but still doubtful), but he's not winning against anyone from the Taj, JT, Stephen group.

As it stands, I think JT wins if he makes to the finals although Stephen could make it very close. Taj, if she can get the idol back from Stephen, is in a position to pull of a big blindside and put herself in great shape in the finals. Since the merger she's been riding the plans of the other two in her alliance and she's going to have a tough time standing out in front of a jury unless she makes some sort of move.

I guess what I'm saying is if I'm in the Taj/JT/Stephen alliance I probably would have been weighing how useful the alliance is to me in the longrun around the time they were looking to vote out Sierra. If I'm any of those 3 I'm not really comfortable going to the final 2 or 3 against either of the other 2.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:57 AM   #67
Swaggs
Coordinator

Interesting thought on Sierra. I think Coach could fill that same role in the finals, but it seems like Stephen and J.T. sincerely like one another, so I'm not sure they will ever vote against one another (unless it is in the final 3 w/ the other person having immunity).

Does anyone else watch the Ponderosa show on the CBS website? It shows the people that have been voted out re-acclimating to the outside world and living with the other voted out players. Despite how hated she seemed, everyone seemed okay (even Tyson) with her after she was voted out.

In last season's Ponderosa, Corrine and Randy (and maybe Marcus) actually hated Crystal, Susie, and Sugar. It was almost uncomfortable to watch how they behaved.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #68
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Interesting thought on Sierra. I think Coach could fill that same role in the finals, but it seems like Stephen and J.T. sincerely like one another, so I'm not sure they will ever vote against one another (unless it is in the final 3 w/ the other person having immunity).

Does anyone else watch the Ponderosa show on the CBS website? It shows the people that have been voted out re-acclimating to the outside world and living with the other voted out players. Despite how hated she seemed, everyone seemed okay (even Tyson) with her after she was voted out.

In last season's Ponderosa, Corrine and Randy (and maybe Marcus) actually hated Crystal, Susie, and Sugar. It was almost uncomfortable to watch how they behaved.

Interesting. I didn't know this existed, I'll have to check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:20 AM   #69
Atocep
Coordinator

Stupid move by Stephen at this point. First, coach has zero shot of winning the final vote so keeping him around isn't a bad thing at all. Second, going against JT at this stage in the game could leave leave JT questioning how much he trusts him going forward.

As said above, JT and Stephen seem to genuinely like each other so it might not even be a big deal to JT but still not a smart move this close to the end.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:13 AM   #70
Swaggs
Coordinator

I wonder if Stephen is alright with finishing second with JT. Among the players left, I think anyone would beat Erinn in the finals and I think JT would walk over Stephen. Taj doesn't seem to have any enemies and I could see her beating Stephen and giving JT a pretty good run (depending on whether either offends anyone at the final council).

This has been a pretty good season, as I think JT, Stephen, and Taj have all played well enough to deserve to win.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:51 AM   #71
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think the women team up to try to take out JT next week cause I don't see either of them or Stephen beating him in the finals. That would be the smart thing to do, so they probably won't. JT likely has to win immunity the rest of the way to stay in the game, which he surely could do against these three.

If they are sticking to their alliances however, Coach was the best one to take out cause he was the only one left who could compete physically with JT. And good for me too cause now I won't have to turn the TV everytime he opened his mouth.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #72
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I wonder why Stephen didn't play the immunity idle to be safe last night since it was the last night he could use it.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #73
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I'll miss Coach. He was annoying, but entertaining. I'm also not sure why you don't keep him around. It seems to to go against JT and Stephen's earlier strategy of eliminating the loose cannons. Coach is predictable and you want predictability if you're in JT and Stephen's position. Now? Who knows what Taj and Erin could do?
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #74
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think the women blew the chance to team up and take out Stephen and/or JT this week, by not approaching Coach about it. Coach probably wouldn't have gone along with it, so it wasn't a bad move for them not to try, but I don't see how they can do anything to get to the finals now beyond winning immunity. I

If they create a 2-2 tie, I'm guessing neither Taj or Erinn can build a fire quicker than JT or (probably) Stephen.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #75
Raiders Army
Coordinator

JT will win unless he doesn't win immunity.

Stephen is a coattails rider, Erinn is not likeable, and Taj is already rich.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #76
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
JT will win unless he doesn't win immunity.

Stephen is a coattails rider, Erinn is not likeable, and Taj is already rich.

I'm not sure Stephen has been riding coattails. He's been very involved in the strategy so far. Totally agree Taji won't win against anyone (including Erinn) since her husband is already a multimillionaire.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:48 PM   #77
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Spoiler
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:48 AM   #78
Atocep
Coordinator

Taking out Taj the way they did could have backfired. JT had the game locked down and should have been playing it safe. I think that move actually made Erinn more of a threat in the finals than Stephen was. JT and Stephen both seemed to over-think the game at times throughout this season and really misread how the jury would react to certain people (taj and coach come to mind).

An enjoyable finale, though. It lacked the bitterness that you see in a lot of seasons, which is a big turnoff for me after after watching the show for so long. That act has grown old. All in all a better season than it looked like it was going to be early on.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:39 AM   #79
Swaggs
Coordinator

Fun season. I was a little bit surprised that JT got 100% of the vote, although it was pretty clear that he was favorite. I thought that it was interesting that Taj's music career never seemed to come up in the game -- it seemed like she did a good job of keeping that quiet, although it probably didn't matter (from a "she doesn't need the money" angle) since her husband became known.

One of the best unintentional comedy moments of the entire series was Jeff, who has gotten more and more cocky throughout the years, not being able to identify Taj in the photo of her band.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:41 AM   #80
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I really liked this season as well. I though Jeff was hilarious during it, and enjoyed some of the mix of characters. Plus there was no super annoying person in the final 4/5 like there usually is which helps.

I don't think it matters who was in the finals, as long as JT was there, no one else was going to win. For whatever reason, he managed to help vote of the entire Jury (for the most part) without making any of them dislike him or unhappy with him. Even though he was part of many blindsides, it seems most of them turned their wrath upon Steven for it moreso.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:01 AM   #81
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Jeff was indeed hilarious throughout the season. JT is arguably the most dominating Survivor ever. To never receive an elimination vote, orchestrate blindsides, win challenges, receive 100% of the final vote, and win the most popular player vote are incredible feats.

Did anyone else think JT told Stephen that he would give him the $100K when he found out he won?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:53 AM   #82
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Jeff was indeed hilarious throughout the season. JT is arguably the most dominating Survivor ever. To never receive an elimination vote, orchestrate blindsides, win challenges, receive 100% of the final vote, and win the most popular player vote are incredible feats.

Did anyone else think JT told Stephen that he would give him the $100K when he found out he won?

That was my thought, that he was going to give at least some of it to Stephen. Kudos to JT, he really needed to win those last three immunities to make it to the final and so he deserved that win. He would have won by a landslide against Erin too (Taj might have been the only one to vote for her), Boo to Stephen for looking like an ass in the final couple tribal councils. Thought the jury session was pretty boring other than Stephen having to come out with not keeping JT if he had won the immunity instead-and apprantly JT was faking his reactions to that which is pretty funny. And Taj grilling them about their betrayal of her was good too.

Overall not one of my favorite seasons, there was some people who I just could not even stand to listen to late in the game-Coach and Tyson, both two of my least favorite contestants ever. Didn't like her much but kudos to Erin for nearly talking herself into the final two.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #83
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Anyone notice when he read the "lie detector" test for Coach all he read was how Coach answered the question and not if he was lying or not.
I think that was just a screw-up by Jeff. And I think it explains why he was surprised that the audience didn't really react. They're all used to watching Maury and they know how this is supposed to be done.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 PM   #84
law90026
College Benchwarmer

I really wonder about that lie detector test, especially since my wife tells me they are not that accurate anyways. But ya, the reaction was really confused from the audience .. and what the hell does "yes" mean in relation to those questions?

I think JT was really smart in bringing Stephen to the finals. Before the decision, I was telling my wife that Stephen might be a bigger threat but she was insistent Stephen would be a better choice for JT. And watching Stephen squirm at the 2nd last council, I realised she was right. Stephen doesn't actually speak very well and his overall demeanour simply isn't very convincing. He backtracks a lot as well. Erinn, on the other hand, actually played a really smart game and I suspect her answers might have been able to swing votes a lot more than Stephen.

I really like Tyson btw. He's hilarious on Ponderosa!
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #85
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
I think JT was really smart in bringing Stephen to the finals. Before the decision, I was telling my wife that Stephen might be a bigger threat but she was insistent Stephen would be a better choice for JT. And watching Stephen squirm at the 2nd last council, I realised she was right. Stephen doesn't actually speak very well and his overall demeanour simply isn't very convincing. He backtracks a lot as well. Erinn, on the other hand, actually played a really smart game and I suspect her answers might have been able to swing votes a lot more than Stephen.

I really like Tyson btw. He's hilarious on Ponderosa!

Having read a lot of books on non-verbal communication, I can tell you that Stephen's reactions and stumbling on the words was a textbook case of how a person reacts when they're aren't be totally truthful in what they are saying. He was trying to play coy and gave off all kinds of signs that he was VERY uncomfortable. Contrast that with JT, who was very calm and was doing nothing other than tell each person the truth. I think that JT's demeanor was what managed to land him all seven votes. He probably would have still won with a few fibs here and there, but being honest paid off in a big way in this case.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote