Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-12-2009, 08:17 AM   #101
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Kim being central to the season finale? This is going to be the worst season finale ever, isn't it?

I am willing to give it a chance since this season has been stronger then some of the others. However when I saw Kim in the airport I knew she would some how play a part in the finale. Hopefully this leads to Jack getting the cure so he can come back next season.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #102
DanGarion
Coordinator

God... This ending looks pretty subpar now with them throwing another layer onto it, but I guess we will wait and see...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #103
Logan
Head Coach

I really wish they would just learn from past seasons' mistakes...stop trying to reveal the "bigger and bigger" terror plot (although I still think it made much more sense for them to stick with Hodges' plan for the gas instead of the Metro attack) as well as the "bigger/deeper" bad guy as the day goes on. That's what was so great about season 1. Spend some more time in the middle on character development (since we don't know any of these people anymore) or slowly build to the apex with more side stories that aren't ridiculous filler.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #104
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Back to the "Kim unknowingly walks into a buzz saw and Jack has to break 8 million laws to save her" formula. This show is becoming like ER or House in that you reach a saturation point of story templates and a good show becomes stale pretty quick.

I agree with the "season 1" idea of having one central plot line and simply building on it with smaller battles along the way. This "neutralize the major threat, then find a new major threat" plan that has repeated 4-5 times this season really gets hokey by the 6th threat.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #105
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Back to the "Kim unknowingly walks into a buzz saw and Jack has to break 8 million laws to save her" formula. This show is becoming like ER or House in that you reach a saturation point of story templates and a good show becomes stale pretty quick.

I agree with the "season 1" idea of having one central plot line and simply building on it with smaller battles along the way. This "neutralize the major threat, then find a new major threat" plan that has repeated 4-5 times this season really gets hokey by the 6th threat.

+1

How many times this season have they breathed a sigh of relief like everything was over??
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #106
Logan
Head Coach

I mean, there were no issues at the airport, on the Metro, or in the streets a couple hours after planes were flown into each other and the White House was attacked. They just like breathing those sighs quickly.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #107
hoopsguy
General Manager

Let's not romanticize Season 1 too much. There was the wife with amnesia thing, just to name one completely worthless side plot.

I actually think they have done a better job in recent years of getting rid of entirely worthless plots that suck away 10 minutes of 5-10 episodes in the middle of the season. However, the tradeoff seems to be the "just one more bad guy" stuff has taken on a whole new level.

Am I the only guy that would be just fine with the show moving to "18" and giving us a really good plot rather than stretching it out to 24 real-time episodes where they have a cliff-hanger at the end of each? I'm guessing not, but it is kind of a worthless question since the show is not going to change. I just wish they could actually get 24 pretty good hours in one of these seasons rather than 8 really good/8 OK/8 garbage.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #108
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Am I the only guy that would be just fine with the show moving to "18" and giving us a really good plot rather than stretching it out to 24 real-time episodes where they have a cliff-hanger at the end of each?

Definitely not. While I still watch every week, after about 18 hours or so it's more of a comedy of trying to predict what the next ridiculous plot twist is.

On the other hand, is there a tradeoff? Without ridiculous plot twists you'll have episodes where nothing happens (and I'd argue they even have that WITH the ridiculous plot twists).

And when does anybody take a dump?

Last edited by lungs : 05-12-2009 at 12:31 PM.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:33 PM   #109
hoopsguy
General Manager

Clearly when they are not on one of the four cameras coming back from commercial breaks.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:44 PM   #110
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Am I the only guy that would be just fine with the show moving to "18" and giving us a really good plot rather than stretching it out to 24 real-time episodes where they have a cliff-hanger at the end of each? I'm guessing not, but it is kind of a worthless question since the show is not going to change. I just wish they could actually get 24 pretty good hours in one of these seasons rather than 8 really good/8 OK/8 garbage.

This guy agrees with you .
Old 05-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #111
hoopsguy
General Manager

Heh - just picked "18" out of the air when I was posting Figured that was an achievable number based on culling out the crap from past seasons. In hindsight, I should have chosen 17 or 19 in order to be more original
Old 05-18-2009, 10:16 PM   #112
flounder
High School Varsity

I had low expectations for the finale, but it surpassed them. Though I'm still not buying the various twists and turns of Tony, there was at least some rationale given. The scene where Renee asks Jack for advice was pretty good.

Overall I'll give this season a solid B, but it could have been so much better.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:09 PM   #113
Logan
Head Coach

I liked it all except when Jack was trying to rationalize Tony's turn to Renee..."he's getting the head guy, the guy who killed his wife"...dude, he just kidnapped your daughter.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:26 AM   #114
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Ending kinda sucked, but that's pretty much expected.

I would have preferred to simply have had Renee decide to transport Tony & Wilson together, making sure that Tony's handcuffs were properly "secured."
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote