Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-22-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 2!!!!! Files due Tuesday, January 27th!!!!

Week 2 Schedule

Colorado vs Colorado State
#5 Arkansas @ Bowling Green
Cinncy vs Akron
#17 North Carolina vs Georgia Tech
#9 Kentucky vs Louisville
#10 Pitt vs #21 Oregon State
Virginia vs Nevada
USF vs TCU
NC State @ Boise State
#12 Texas A&M @ #18 Arizona State
#8 Oklahoma State @ #6 Notre Dame

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
wade moore
lolzcat

Damn. .wanted to play tonight but it's too late now ...

Going in late tomorrow, so I may play in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

42-21 win over CSU. Spent a lot of time tinkering with stuff, but I was up 21 the entire game, so it was never in doubt.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:15 AM   #4
Radii
Head Coach

Well, no need for me to worry about how to manage two HB's with 99 SPD on the roster... Freshman RB John Austin carries 4 times for 43 yards in the first quarter before breaking his ribs(many of them i assume :P), suffering a devastating 9 week injury.

That leaves us with basically what we had last year, which works.

NC State beats Boise State easily 38-13 on the blue field in Idaho.

Roberts runs for 203 yards and 3 TDs. Our QB, Mike Glennon would be a superstar on most teams, but I like to run too much so he gets overshadowed. Still, he was 14-16 today for 131 yards. Just not a lot of deep stuff.
Radii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:22 AM   #5
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

USF takes out TCU in Tampa 46-28. My running game appears to be the strength of my time, with three guys who can really run it. I do have some holes on defense this year, but hopefully I can find ways to win most of my games.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:59 AM   #6
cmp
Pro Rookie

Arkansas' ground game was in full force today as we beat Bowling Green 84-21. We ran the ball for 556 yards.

Starting running back De'Anthony Curtis ran the ball 19 times for 221 yards and 3 touchdowns. His backup, freshmen Ricky Bowling ran the ball 20 times for the same amount of yards as Curtis, 221, and 2 touchdowns. 3rd string running back Jerico Nelson played from midway through the 3rd quarter on and ran the ball 16 times for 116 yards and a touchdown.

Quarterback Tyler Wilson went 10-11 for 213 yards and 4 touchdowns. His backup, 5 star recruit Andrew Turner went 2-3 for 61 yards a touchdown.

Freshmen wide receiver William Castillo caught 6 passes for 150 yards and 4 touchdowns.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

UVA wins 34-25 against Nevada, but 6 of those Nevada points came in garbage time.

I still feel like I struggle a LOT on defense. Nevada had some very good skill position guys, but a terrible line, etc - but it felt like I could never stop them. I think I will continue to struggle against ACC opponents, but we'll see.

A note...

Does anyone else use practice? I used it a fair amount over the last couple of day sto get a feel for my team. Then I go play in a real game and it feels TOTALLY different. I'm wondering if sliders aren't used for practice?

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 01-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #8
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
UVA wins 34-25 against Nevada, but 6 of those Nevada points came in garbage time.

I still feel like I struggle a LOT on defense. Nevada had some very good skill position guys, but a terrible line, etc - but it felt like I could never stop them. I think I will continue to struggle against ACC opponents, but we'll see.

A note...

Does anyone else use practice? I used it a fair amount over the last couple of day sto get a feel for my team. Then I go play in a real game and it feels TOTALLY different. I'm wondering if sliders aren't used for practice?

I find that practice does has a very different feeling to it. That said, it is still incredibly useful if you want to learn how to run your playbook.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

Yeah, it's good for that aspect. It just gave me a false sense of security in my fast, but not as good at throwing QB.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
Logan
Head Coach

Are you implying that I'm gonna need 10 months to get thru this cycle?

Schmuck.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #11
Ironhead
College Prospect

A&M picks up where we left off last year with a 45-10 dismantling of 18th ranked Arizona State. We opened up the game with a really nice kickoff return for a touchdown by one of our freshman tailbacks. Up 42-10 late in the 3rd we pulled our starters to get some playing time for the other youngsters.

Next week we host Karlifornia's USF squad. We have a strong team this year but despite close games I have yet to win a single head-to-head matchup against another owner in either the EBFL or NOFL. Hopefully next week we get over the hump and keep our National Championship hopes alive.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:48 PM   #12
Logan
Head Coach

Took care of #6 Notre Dame, 45-28. Armando Allen drove me nuts in the 1st half, but I shutout ND in the 2nd. After ND scored to take a 28-14 lead, one of our freshmen WRs Scott Taylor took the ensuing kickoff back for a TD and we never looked back after that. Charles Mays had 11 receptions for 130+ and 3 scores.

It's going to be a BIG adjustment going from the rocket arm of Brandon Weeden to the more reserved Alex Cate. I was terrible with Cate to start the game but got a little more used to him as the game went on. His accuracy is fine but I just can't air it out like I did with my boy Weeden.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Nice work. Only two games left to be played. Keep it up.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #14
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Pitt opened up with a 42-7 win over #21 Oregon State. A solid "bend but don't break" defense gave up about 200 yards but forced 2 picks and two long missed field goals. A mixed run and pass attack lead to 35 points with the final 7 coming from a 102 yard kickoff return.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #15
Logan
Head Coach

Who's the remaining holdout?
Old 01-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Looks like just WVUFan.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #17
Kodos
Resident Alien

Are files really due November 27th?
Old 01-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Are files really due November 27th?

Hate you. So much.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #19
Logan
Head Coach

You respond to his comment and not mine? I'm surprised I didn't get thrown out for it.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
You respond to his comment and not mine? I'm surprised I didn't get thrown out for it.

I don't need GLAD on my case.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #21
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Looks like just WVUFan.

I'll be playing my game tonight.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #22
WVUFAN
College Starter

Game done. Ready to go. Sorry for the delay, folks.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote