Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(Rant) Ok, Kos Kidz, enough is way too frickin much...

A lot of the places I'm reading (538, etcetera) are having the Kos Kiddies and other such luminaries of the Liberal world taking over the comments section. The big hullabaloo is apparently the chargethat there is a vast Republican conspiracy over Bristol Palin's baby and the fact that the little one hasn't come out to play yet.

This apparently ties back in to the theory that Sarah Palin's youngest, who was diagnosed with Down Syndrome prenatally, wasn't her's but Bristol's and it all was a big political coverup.

Now, God knows I don't agree with Sarah Palin's political positions, but have a bit of fucking decency, please.. Does a teen mother not having a baby a week past her due date really mean that we bring up wild conspiracy theories that should have been dead and buried during the election?

SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Oh Jesus, is Andrew Sullivan's witch hunt actually taking hold?!! I know the Kos Kidz are a bunch of suggestive morons, but Sully hasn't had anything to hang his hat on his theory since... well, ever!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Clearly the father of Bristol's kid is actually Barack Obama. This would explain everything!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #4
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Now, God knows I don't agree with Sarah Palin's political positions, but have a bit of fucking decency, please...
I'm with you. This whole thing is pathetic and is making Sullivan (and others) look really bad.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards View Post
Clearly the father of Bristol's kid is actually Barack Obama. This would explain everything!

Can't be. Does she have a unicorn yet? No she doesn't. Honestly Cam, I don't expect that kind of mistake from you.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Speaking of daily kos, don't get them started on how much Kos is bashing Caroline Kennedy. And apparently, all of his diaries automatically post on the front page (his site, why not?) so they have to listen to that whenever...pretty hilarious.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #7
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
This apparently ties back in to the theory that Sarah Palin's youngest, who was diagnosed with Down Syndrome prenatally, wasn't her's but Bristol's and it all was a big political coverup.

{shrug} That was pretty much the first thing I thought of when the youngest was first introduced. Figured that was influenced by knowing of at least a couple of cases where grandchildren were raised (and presented) as children in situations where the truth was inconvenient for whatever reason.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:59 PM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
{shrug} That was pretty much the first thing I thought of when the youngest was first introduced. Figured that was influenced by knowing of at least a couple of cases where grandchildren were raised (and presented) as children in situations where the truth was inconvenient for whatever reason.

+1
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #9
DanGarion
Coordinator

Who are these people you are talking about? Sarah Palin, Kos, Sullivan? WTF.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #10
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Who are these people you are talking about? Sarah Palin, Kos, Sullivan? WTF.

We're deep into partisan political arcana now. Be glad you don't know because it's only tears & strife if you do.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #11
RainMaker
General Manager

I really hate partisan. This Bristol Palin shit is about as dumb as the Obama born in Kenya crap. Why can't we send these idiots to an island somewhere?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #12
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

The idea is not the problem, it's the continual harping on the idea and thinking it is some sort of conspiracy that is.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #13
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I really hate partisan. This Bristol Palin shit is about as dumb as the Obama born in Kenya crap. Why can't we send these idiots to an island somewhere?
Then we also have a whack job writer here in KC who is the new darling of the WorldNetDaily that all of Obama's books were ghostwritten by William Ayres and that he can "prove" it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
The idea is not the problem, it's the continual harping on the idea and thinking it is some sort of conspiracy that is.
I think this hits the nail on the head. I'll admit that I find the argument compelling but without credible evidence at some point you have to say enough is enough.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #14
RainMaker
General Manager

It's also kind of sad that someone's personal life has to play any role in this whatsoever. These people work for us. Would you honestly not want the most qualified person working for you because they had some issues in their personal life?

I wish we'd stop carrying about candidates spouses, children, religion, etc.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #15
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

People read the comments on blogs?
Old 12-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #16
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It's also kind of sad that someone's personal life has to play any role in this whatsoever. These people work for us. Would you honestly not want the most qualified person working for you because they had some issues in their personal life?
If the Palin stuff was true, you might be able to argue that it was vaguely relevant to her VP run since she (and others) made Bristol such a major part of her story.

But the problem is, it's not true, there's no evidence that it's true, and now she's no longer running for anything. Didn't we all agree that John Edwards cheating on his dying wife was no big deal because he wasn't in the race anymore? Why is this still worth thinking about?
Old 12-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #17
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Thank frickin goodness:

Bristol Palin Gives Birth to Son - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

And to anyone else who brings this up from this point forward (no, not the FOFCer who brought it to my attention as well).....

(never mind, I shouldn't post the "Have a nice cup of shut the **** up" image. I like being unboxed)