Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-26-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
Celeval
Pro Starter

Did you get a new iPod? Or, I need a used Nano

So I figure this is as good a place as any... I'm looking for a used iPod nano, any size, any generation as long as it works. Looking for something to pair with the Nike plus running system, and I'm happy with the regular iPod I have for music and such - but the Nike+ only works with Nano and Touch.

Anyone just get a new iPod and looking to get rid of their old Nano for cheap?

Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I didn't get a new iPod, but I have 3 (5G 60 GB "Classic", 3G 8 GB Nano, and 2G 2 GB shuffle) and have been contemplating getting rid of my 8 GB 3G Nano for awhile. I haven't yet because I'm lazy.

Full disclosure #1: For no reason that I, the Apple Geniuses, or Apple Cares can figure out, it sometimes needs to be soft reset (re-booted) before it gets recognized by my computer. At this point, I'm thinking it's related to podcasts on it, but I have no definitive proof. Rebooting doesn't cause too much of an issue (if you're listening to an audiobook when you reboot it might lose your place in the book, but if you switch to something else before rebooting, it's fine), but it does impact the randomness of the shuffle. I have a playlist on my Nano that if I reset and then hook it into my computer, the first song it'll play when I disconnect it and play that playlist is "The Preylude." Without fail. I noticed it at the gym, when for a few days in a row I reset it and found I was listening to the same sequence of songs. I still think the issue is tied to podcasts, as I haven't put any on there recently and haven't rebooted recently.

Full disclosure #2: it's pink.

If you're interested, let me know. If not, no big...I figure one of these days one or 2 of my iPods might die and I might be justified in getting a touch or a 16 GB 4G nano. But, knowing my luck, they'll keep on going.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote