Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-23-2008, 11:18 PM   #1
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Christmas Travel?

So who is having fun yet?

I got two messages today on my machine from Amtrak: "Due to severe weather your train has been cancelled. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:10 AM   #2
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
So who is having fun yet?

I got two messages today on my machine from Amtrak: "Due to severe weather your train has been cancelled. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I was flying home from Tampa on Sunday when the storm hit Buffalo and canceled out every flight to and from Buffalo. Setting everything back, I was basically told I would not be getting into Buffalo until today, I was pretty fired up then, I did not want to sit in Dulles for 3 days. So I had them re-route me to Cleveland and I rented a car and drove home. What was a 3 hour drive turned into 6+ because of white out conditions and me driving only 30 mph most of the way.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:20 AM   #3
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I was flying home from Tampa on Sunday when the storm hit Buffalo and canceled out every flight to and from Buffalo. Setting everything back, I was basically told I would not be getting into Buffalo until today, I was pretty fired up then, I did not want to sit in Dulles for 3 days. So I had them re-route me to Cleveland and I rented a car and drove home. What was a 3 hour drive turned into 6+ because of white out conditions and me driving only 30 mph most of the way.

Stories like these make me so glad that our family all lives within a couple of hours of our home.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #4
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post

"Those aren't pillows!"
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:07 AM   #5
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

We got stuck in Charlotte for 11+ hours on Tuesday, trying to get into O'Hare after our flight was delayed, canceled, rebooked, and delayed again. We also had a woman on our flight get arrested for going after a flight attendant after we landed in Chicago but that's another story

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote