Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-02-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
SegRat
High School Varsity

Be a Pro - Legend

I had tons of fun with NCAA football in this mode and now I would like to play this mode again. Now I jst have to decide what game I want to play. NHL 09 sounds like a lot of fun, however I dont follow hockey and know very little about it.. FIFA 09 apparently only aloows you to play 4 seasons, is that correct? If that is the case FIFA is out. The other option is Pro Evolution Soccer. I never got into play soccer games a whole lot, even though at 30 years old, I played in some rec leagues up until a year ago. I love soccer, however Im not sure how good PES really is.

Advise???

SegRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:20 AM   #2
Icy
Pro Starter

I vote for NHL09, it's really fun and i was not into hockey until this year either.

Since i started to play NHL09, i have started to follow and watch hockey too, and read and learned a ton about strategies, etc so i have another USA sport to follow now with football, baseball and basketball. I guess i was born in the wrong country sports wise. You can also join an EASHL club and play BAP online with real team mates.

About FIFA the mode is so fun but 4 seasons only... i wonder why did they limit it to 4 seasons only when Madden or NHL have over 10 seasons, a full professional career. It makes no sense at all, as the soccer season is shorter than the hockey one, so why to limit it to 4 season only?

If you have a PS3 and you like baseball, i also recommend the RTTS mode in MLB "the show".

I love the sports RPG genre and luckily more and more games are including it, by now it's too basic in all the sports games, but i hope it will keep improving.

Last edited by Icy : 12-03-2008 at 03:25 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote