Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #351
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ray LaMontagne's new album Gossip In The Grain is bondafide. I've seen him live and I tell ya, this guy is the goods.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:46 PM   #352
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I'm really digging their next single. "Kids"

YouTube - MGMT "Kids" Video

I've been thinking of picking up the MGMT album for a while. One day I actually will.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:50 PM   #353
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I've been thinking of picking up the MGMT album for a while. One day I actually will.

You should. It's pretty awesome.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:45 AM   #354
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Just picked up (though it's been out a while)

The Hold Steady "Stay Positive" and it's one of the more refreshing things I've listened to in a while (think early Bruce Springsteen meets Cracker and dabble a little punk accent to roots rock).

I like it.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:23 AM   #355
Butter
Coordinator

Didn't know if this band had been talked about yet, but I've heard them on XM a few times, and now have picked up their first album...

Miniature Tigers - Tell it to the Volcano

A very good album, with 2 top-notch songs, at least... "The Wolf", and this one:

YouTube - Miniature Tigers - Cannibal Queen
Old 11-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #356
samifan24
Pro Starter

Jay-Z mixed over Coldplay = Viva La Hova.

It's sort of like the Gray Album all over again except that this album has the approval of both artists. Pretty cool and I don't normally like rap.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:03 PM   #357
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I've been spending a good part of this weekend ripping the audio tracks from a lot of my favorite movies and putting them on my iPod as an audiobook. This works best for dramas and comedies that have great dialogues to listen to.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #358
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I love the song Kids by MGMT. It's been in my head a lot lately and I dunno why. But it's awesome.

Kids - MGMT
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #359
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I've heard the first three songs or so of Bloc Party's new album... they really changed their sound, eh?

I think in general, I never want to be a fan of a band who isn't changing their sound. If you aren't trying something new, what is the point of doing more music?

It's a reason I'm excited for the new Killers album (who I like) and Kanye West (who I really don't care about). They both seem to have some interesting ambitions. It's far better to try something different and fail than keep doing the same thing with diminishing returns.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #360
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours
"Far Away"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78HegEcMgsg

Probably one of the 10 best albums this year.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:49 PM   #361
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
I think in general, I never want to be a fan of a band who isn't changing their sound. If you aren't trying something new, what is the point of doing more music?

It's a reason I'm excited for the new Killers album (who I like) and Kanye West (who I really don't care about). They both seem to have some interesting ambitions. It's far better to try something different and fail than keep doing the same thing with diminishing returns.

I don't mind changes, but I don't like a lot of the new stuff I guess. There's a couple of songs, but it also feels short.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:50 PM   #362
MikeVic
Head Coach

MGMT is good. I like a few songs off their album.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:43 PM   #363
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
MGMT is good. I like a few songs off their album.

I just started listening to them after I heard them on the FIFA 09 soundtrack. Good stuff...
Old 11-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #364
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I love the song Kids by MGMT. It's been in my head a lot lately and I dunno why. But it's awesome.

Kids - MGMT

This is the song I heard in FIFA 09. It's a bit strange but really catchy and it just grows and grows on you.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #365
samifan24
Pro Starter

I heard the Killers single "Human" again today and just read online that the chorus line is actually "Are we human or are we dancer?" and not "dancers" or "denser." Brandon Flowers apparently got the line from a Hunter S. Thompson quote but I think it's a pretty stupid lyric.