Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #101
henry296
College Starter

Cincy wins in OT.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #102
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

If USC can't make it to the Title game (and I doubt they can, too many things still need to happen), I hope this Texas Tech team makes it.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:49 PM   #103
Buccaneer
Head Coach

TTech's Harrell is 39 for 49, 440 yards and 6 TDs. Wow.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:50 PM   #104
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
TTech's Harrell is 39 for 49, 440 yards and 6 TDs. Wow.

Sounds like somebody needs to adjust the sliders a little.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #105
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
If USC can't make it to the Title game (and I doubt they can, too many things still need to happen), I hope this Texas Tech team makes it.

Same for me and Ohio State. This TT team is a hell of a lot of fun to watch.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #106
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:

Texas Tech comes to Norman in two weeks, after bye weeks for both teams. Both teams will be ranked in the top five.

This is a revenge game for OU, and has special significance for Sam Bradford and Demarco Murray. Bradford was knocked out of the game in the first quarter last year with a concussion while trying to make a tackle on a fumble return. Murray broke his kneecap trying to recover an onside kick at the end of the game.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #107
Buccaneer
Head Coach

It's embarassing to see the difference between the Big 12 QBs and the ones in the Big 10 and Big East.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #108
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Nice long, clock-eating drive for USC. Their defense is incredible.

I'm thinking (snarkingly) that TxTech can beat some NFL teams.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:14 PM   #109
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
It's embarassing to see the difference between the Big 12 QBs and the ones in the Big 10 and Big East.

Take Stafford and Tebow out of the discussion and you can really just expand that to the entire BCS.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #110
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

The title game is really down to the Big 12 champ, the SEC champ, or USC. With Michigan spanking Minnesota, Western Michigan beating Illinois, and Iowa beating PSU, it's a rough day for the Big Ten. I think secretly the Rose Bowl is happy to know that they avoided a possible OSU/USC game.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:28 PM   #111
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Take Stafford and Tebow out of the discussion and you can really just expand that to the entire BCS.

John Parker Wilson would not start for any Big XII south team, and that includes Baylor and Texas A&M.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #112
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Yes my plan worked, now OU has a much better chance of winning it all. I look forward to the TT game. Payback is a bitch.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:50 AM   #113
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
Ping: JohnInMiddleGA. This isn't a play by play thread.

I tell ya what, I know yer just messing with him and don't mean anything by it (this being a non-political thread and all), but I say the more the better of JiMG's coverage, and others like it.

I work most Saturdays, and actually get a lot of enjoyment out of coming home around 1am and reading y'all's reactions as things unfold on gameday.

So anyway, just sayin I appreciate the contributions in this thread each week, guys, keep it up!

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:36 AM   #114
RedKingGold
College Starter

Ah well. Better for PSU to lose by one point now, then win out and get throttled in the NC Championship game. Hopefully, they'll be able to win their last two and win the Big Ten championship and get to the Rose Bowl.

Unless Harrell starts having sex with Michael Crabtree on live TV, I'm pretty sure he's going to win the Heisman
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:58 AM   #115
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

I hope that Texas Blech loses every single one of the rest of their games and ends the season out of the top 25...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #116
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
I tell ya what, I know yer just messing with him and don't mean anything by it (this being a non-political thread and all), but I say the more the better of JiMG's coverage, and others like it.

I work most Saturdays, and actually get a lot of enjoyment out of coming home around 1am and reading y'all's reactions as things unfold on gameday.

So anyway, just sayin I appreciate the contributions in this thread each week, guys, keep it up!

+1

I catch up what I wasn't able to watch on the weekends by reading this thread. I only wish people would update the scores and what actually happened more on here. Sometimes it is like deciphering a code to figure out what people are talking about.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #117
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I only wish people would update the scores and what actually happened more on here.

Maybe my recollection meter is busted but I'd swear that used to be a lot more common than it is now. Not sure whether participation has faded a little because of the down years for certain teams or what.

I can certainly see the argument that the majority of posters can do the same thing I spend most Saturday afternoons doing -- clicking from game to game on espn.com or cbssportsline.com while watching another game (or 2 or 3) -- but I've also seen enough people comment about either being annoyed by those sites or whatever the reason that I believe there's some decent conversation starter/fodder in posting them for those who don't. I know I've had numerous occasions where someone mentioned a game that I wasn't particularly following myself that I ended up watching the end/following the end online/following the outcome in the threads here.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:06 AM   #118
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Maybe my recollection meter is busted but I'd swear that used to be a lot more common than it is now. Not sure whether participation has faded a little because of the down years for certain teams or what.

I miss it as well. I was one of the commentors last season, but with the 9 month old, I don't watch live games in front of the computer anymore.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:07 AM   #119
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Jon, but the problem in the past was that we got these immature fanatics spewing all over such threads. People like you, VV, EF27 and others give the information straight and that's more fun to follow.

I do following the games on GameCenter but usually there is a 2-minute pause before something big is put in. That's when I come here to check to see what it was and then back to GameCenter to see the details.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #120
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Congrats to Iowa...they played a good game. Penn State didn't deserve to win with the effort and gameplan they had.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #121
DeToxRox
Head Coach

CPU polls came out and UGA is ahead of USC. Not sure how that works.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #122
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Seton Hill made the D-II playoffs, even after losing a heartbreaker at home yesterday. I'm happy.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:58 PM   #123
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
CPU polls came out and UGA is ahead of USC. Not sure how that works.

Ridiculous.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:00 PM   #124
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Ridiculous.

Obviously the BCS has USC higher, but the actual computers having UGA ahead basically means as long as you lose vs good teams, it's better then beating marginal teams.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:08 AM   #125
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Let's go Gophers! Shut out Michigan for the first time since '77!

Blarg that was ugly. The line was brutal against Michigan, their youth and lack of size finally caught up ot them and hurt them. With being unable to establish a running game or give Weber much time it was clear they wouldn't be able to do much once Decker was out. I can't wait until they get in the larger O-line they're looking for in this offense.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:00 AM   #126
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Would love to see Texas Tech beat OU and face MU in the B12 Championship. That would be a track meet of epic proportions.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote