Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Gmail breathalyzer

hxxp://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/new-in-labs-stop-sending-mail-you-later.html

Quote:
How many times have you stumbled home after a long night out with friends, only to plop down in front of the computer and start sending e-mails that you would wake up regretting the next day? OK, maybe some of our older readers in the crowd have never moved beyond "drunk dialing," but many of us are probably more familiar with the embarrassing phenomenon, a technological evolution of the drunk dial. Thanks to a new project out of Google Labs, however, you can at least stop yourself from sending "impaired" e-mails during certain hours.

Called "Mail Goggles," the Gmail add-on makes sending e-mail from Gmail more difficult during certain times that you can set manually (while sober, that is). How does it do this? If you have Mail Goggles installed—which you can do by going to the "Labs" tab under your Gmail settings and turning them on—it will force you to answer a series of math questions before sending out any new messages.

They say judgment is the first to go.
Hopefully math skills is a close second.

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis

Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

My sister doesn't drink, but she's terrible at math. I wish I could set this up on her computer just to mess with her.