Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-15-2008, 06:48 PM   #51
Coder
College Prospect

I would be most curious to hear the daughter's age... or any of the two for that matter.. two teenagers could very well be two 17-year olds.. now.. if they were 13, sure, I could understand upset parents.. but upper teens?

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~

Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:52 PM   #52
Lorena
Unregistered

Maan, if this happened in our house, it'd be a scary sight.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:20 PM   #53
Drake
assmaster

When I was a teenager, I knew when I was sneaking into a girl's room in the middle of the night that the consequences of getting caught probably included being assaulted by her father -- if I was lucky and he didn't just open the door with a shotgun. I accepted that risk.

Being old enough to be on the other side of the coin now doesn't make me a hypocrite. It just makes me part of the system. (For the record, I don't have girls. I have teenaged boys. And no, I haven't discussed with them the ethics of sneaking into a girl's room in the middle of the night. If they're not smart enough to figure it out and keep from getting caught, they're not fit to pass on their genetic material anyway.)
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:46 PM   #54
chesapeake
College Starter

It's just a head wound. It needed a few staples. Big whoop. The kid rolled the dice for a year. He was due.

Even Lionel Hutz should be able to win a jury trial on this one. The only chance the prosecution would have is if they had some evidence that the father somehow definitively knew that the kid was not a threat before he whacked him -- and even then I expect that he would plead to some misdemeanor charge. Without tangible evidence to the contrary, the defense will be able to argue that the dad swung first and asked questions later, which is not an unreasonable reaction given the few facts we have from the article.

The jury -- properly stacked with men between the ages of 35-60 -- will never vote to convict.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:55 PM   #55
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder View Post
I would be most curious to hear the daughter's age... or any of the two for that matter.. two teenagers could very well be two 17-year olds.. now.. if they were 13, sure, I could understand upset parents.. but upper teens?

Both are 15
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote