Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Hurst2112
College Starter

Watch football live?

hxxp://www.watch-football-live.com/default.asp

Has anybody heard of or used this service.

I'm a Steeler fan, girlfriend is Packer fan. We live in Minneapolis. She just moved out here and I thought this would be a good way to watch games.

They say it's 100% legal. I don't really doubt that. However, what's the catch? Are they streaming or downloaded games? It appears that they might be streaming. I don't get how they can do that if Direct TV has the Sunday Ticket.

It's 27 dollars for a lifetime subscription. FAQ is vanilla and doesn't really explain the details of the process. 7 day guarantee.

Thoughts?

Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #2
molson
General Manager

There's a few old threads about these kind of services. I've never really gotten it to work consistently, it's kind of tedious. The games might cut out, the video might be choppy, etc.

Definitely not legal.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
Hurst2112
College Starter

I remember a foreign service a few years ago that somebody was touting around here.

Seems too good to be true. I guess I'm torn on buying radio subscription or this for a season...just to try it out.

Thanks for the advice.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112 View Post
hxxp://www.watch-football-live.com/default.asp

Has anybody heard of or used this service.

I'm a Steeler fan, girlfriend is Packer fan. We live in Minneapolis. She just moved out here and I thought this would be a good way to watch games.

They say it's 100% legal. I don't really doubt that. However, what's the catch? Are they streaming or downloaded games? It appears that they might be streaming. I don't get how they can do that if Direct TV has the Sunday Ticket.

It's 27 dollars for a lifetime subscription. FAQ is vanilla and doesn't really explain the details of the process. 7 day guarantee.

Thoughts?

Yeah, i would love to find something even if not on the up n' to stick to the NFL and direct TV but............. I would be ery,very leery of loading any of these "companies" web applications or other software untility on any PC I own. It is guaranteed to have tons of spyware and very possibly some rootkit or keyloggers to collect bank account numbers or credit cards. I would be very cautious with these.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:12 PM   #5
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Yeah, i would love to find something even if not on the up n' to stick to the NFL and direct TV but............. I would be ery,very leery of loading any of these "companies" web applications or other software untility on any PC I own. It is guaranteed to have tons of spyware and very possibly some rootkit or keyloggers to collect bank account numbers or credit cards. I would be very cautious with these.

Umm i have been using streamtv website for like 3 years and only had issues a few times with a game being cut etc, but they have all the nfl games live to chose from. About downloading stuff, you only need winamp to watch the streams, and winamp is a known media player that doesn't install any kind of crap. I'm happy with their service as there is no other way for me in Spain to watch the Dolphins every week (here we have 5 random games per week, 3 live, 2 recorded). Also there is zero coverage of college football in Spain and i can watch tons of games in streamtv too.

Last edited by Icy : 08-09-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:42 PM   #6
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Umm i have been using streamtv website for like 3 years and only had issues a few times with a game being cut etc, but they have all the nfl games live to chose from. About downloading stuff, you only need winamp to watch the streams, and winamp is a known media player that doesn't install any kind of crap. I'm happy with their service as there is no other way for me in Spain to watch the Dolphins every week (here we have 5 random games per week, 3 live, 2 recorded). Also there is zero coverage of college football in Spain and i can watch tons of games in streamtv too.

I am not very familar with this service but probably try it out as well. I it only uses winamp than it may not be much of a problem.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:03 PM   #7
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Who gives a shit if it's legal? Like the NFL is cash strapped or something.

EDIT: Meant to say...who gives a shit, besides JonInMiddleGA

Last edited by Karlifornia : 08-09-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:50 AM   #8
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

I wanted to bump this with the regular season starting and ask Icy what site have you used same as the one above:hxxp://www.watch-football-live.com/default.asp?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #9
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
I wanted to bump this with the regular season starting and ask Icy what site have you used same as the one above:hxxp://www.watch-football-live.com/default.asp?

We talked about it in the past here in fofc, do a search for references, but i have been using it for like 3 or 4 years with zero issues for every USA sport, nfl, ncaa, mlb, nba, nhl and they also have dedicated mma and wrestling channels and also soccer from European leagues. It's a paid subscription but like $5 per month or so. Site is streamtvnow.tv

Last edited by Icy : 09-03-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:58 AM   #10
Galaril
Pro Starter

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #11
14ers
High School Varsity

Quote:
Umm i have been using streamtv website for like 3 years and only had issues a few times with a game being cut etc, but they have all the nfl games live to chose from.
Same here. Been using it for the past 2+ years with no problems.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:53 AM   #12
Emiliano
College Prospect

I've been using NFL Game Pass for 2 years now. Top notch quality, 210 $ for the season pass (all the games, up to 48 hours after the game is played). Unfortunately, it's not available in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Bermuda, Antigua, and U.S. Territories.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:02 AM   #13
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ers View Post
Same here. Been using it for the past 2+ years with no problems.

I know Icy mentioned it was 5 dollars a month but it appears to be 14.99 amonth still much cheaper than Direct TVs NFL rip off.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:09 AM   #14
14ers
High School Varsity

Quote:
I know Icy mentioned it was 5 dollars a month but it appears to be 14.99 amonth still much cheaper than Direct TVs NFL rip off.
That is either the wrong site or your looking in the wrong place. IT is not part of the On Demand programing thing.

After registering with StreamTVNow look in the control panel under Paid Subscriptions and you should see their list.

I use the
PPV Subscription 135 Days for $20.00

Old 09-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #15
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ers View Post
That is either the wrong site or your looking in the wrong place. IT is not part of the On Demand programing thing.

After registering with StreamTVNow look in the control panel under Paid Subscriptions and you should see their list.

I use the

I used same subscription pack:

There is also:
PPV Subscription 15 Days for $5.00
PPV Subscription 30 Days for $7.50
PPV Subscription 45 Days for $11.00
PPV Subscription 90 Days for $16.00

Old 09-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #16
Saul Goode
n00b

myp2p .eu thats what I use when I dont feel like walking to a bar. quite reliable...and its free

Last edited by Saul Goode : 09-06-2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: edit link out
Saul Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:08 AM   #17
Galaril
Pro Starter

Thanks everyone.