Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-22-2008, 11:49 AM   #101
Anthony
Banned

this year is going to be the worst. the draft is 2 days away (24th) and we're still scrambling to find a 10th owner in our money league. aaaargh, damn us lazy people. we really are starting to get old now, this would never be allowed/acceptible year's before. we all look forward to this one day every year. Father Time and Real Life Obligations dance their twisted tango yet again.

if anyone has enough scrotum there's a 10th team open. if you find yourself in the suburbs of NYC in sunny Nassau, Long Island on sunday and have $160 burning a hole in your pocket (and you are preferrably a midget) then come on over.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #102
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
i got the call too late (today) that this year's draft would be in my place. i didn't have enough time to make proper preparations, nor enough funds to make it truly special.

i am disgusted that the midget i was going to use (the subject of this thread originally) was only 4'9". imagine being too small to be considered a normal human, but too tall to be a traditional midget? what a waste. i would kill myself.

anyway, that year's draft had the possibility, nay, the certainty, of being my league's greatest draft ever. 4 foot fucking 9. you can't even join the carnival at that height.

You should have cut off his head. That would have shaved off a good 13 or 14 inches. And, think about it. A headless midget. People would pay to see that sh!t.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #103
korme
Go Reds

It's crazy to me to read this thread from over 2 years ago and see how many people attacked HA for seemingly no reason.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #104
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
this year is going to be the worst. the draft is 2 days away (24th) and we're still scrambling to find a 10th owner in our money league. aaaargh, damn us lazy people. we really are starting to get old now, this would never be allowed/acceptible year's before. we all look forward to this one day every year. Father Time and Real Life Obligations dance their twisted tango yet again.

if anyone has enough scrotum there's a 10th team open. if you find yourself in the suburbs of NYC in sunny Nassau, Long Island on sunday and have $160 burning a hole in your pocket (and you are preferrably a midget) then come on over.

I hear you. It started out a few years after college by solely being nights that my buddies couldn't go out and get hammered, then they started to be unable to make weekend events more than once a month (unless you also had kids and considered sitting around their house watching kids run around hanging out), then my friends started to pull out of watching big sporting events (even the super bowl wihen it didn't have a place for kids), now they are dropping from fantasy drafts.

Two of my closest friends have to call in their picks to my draft because we are going to a Mizzou/Illinois football game the day before and their wives won't let them go out two days in a row. They see their kids 5 days a week alomost every week and for the most part 7 days a week and they can't go to two big men things? A friend asked if he could bring his wife and kids to the draft a few years ago and pretty much was aksed to either quit the league or not ask stupid shit like that again.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #105
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
It's crazy to me to read this thread from over 2 years ago and see how many people attacked HA for seemingly no reason.

Shorty still being Shorty.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:15 PM   #106
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
I hear you. It started out a few years after college by solely being nights that my buddies couldn't go out and get hammered, then they started to be unable to make weekend events more than once a month (unless you also had kids and considered sitting around their house watching kids run around hanging out), then my friends started to pull out of watching big sporting events (even the super bowl wihen it didn't have a place for kids), now they are dropping from fantasy drafts.

Two of my closest friends have to call in their picks to my draft because we are going to a Mizzou/Illinois football game the day before and their wives won't let them go out two days in a row. They see their kids 5 days a week alomost every week and for the most part 7 days a week and they can't go to two big men things? A friend asked if he could bring his wife and kids to the draft a few years ago and pretty much was aksed to either quit the league or not ask stupid shit like that again.

i hear that. is the world going to end if a guy who has a family needs to do guy things 2 days in a row once in a blue moon? when you get married you understand that some things aren't worth fighting for, but for something like that i would have an arguement over. i have a very simple formula for things like this: is the amount of fun i'm going to have more than the grief i would get over having an arguement over that event. if i don't think i'm going to have the time of my life over something i know my wife wouldn't like then i don't even bother bringing it up to her. note i said "bring it up to her" and not "ask her". i had to ask my mother for permission to go out, and that was (unfortunately) a long time ago. i don't ask. i bring things up in a sort of "if you have any objections, now is the time to voice them" conversation. my wife is also my own personal blackberry, she remembers all our upcoming events and important dates, so i bring things up to her also to confirm if there's something coming up that i'm not aware of. but i'll be damned if i have to ask my wife for permission to do somthing. i would say "either i tell you the truth about my plans or i'll make up a lie and say it's work related - either way i'm going to do what i want, its just better if i can be upfront and honest about it". again, i'd only pull out that card if it was for something i really wanted to do.

keep in mind i don't hang out as much as i used to. i go out with my friends maybe once a month, 2 times tops if its a busy month. i hold up my end of the bargain as far as being a husband and dad, my wife isn't a ballbuster. she knows if i want to do something its cuz it means a lot to me (in light of the fact that i don't go out that much anymore). fortunately she has a lot of friends so the pendulum swings both ways. its much better to be honest and upfront, it shows respect and its much easier than having to play a charade and lie about something.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #107
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
my wife is also my own personal blackberry, she remembers all our upcoming events and important dates, so i bring things up to her also to confirm if there's something coming up that i'm not aware of.

Word. I don't even try to keep my own calendar, I just ask "is there anything going on such-and-such date". She's never wrong.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #108
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post

Yeah I'm sorry, but if you're the kind of guy who just caves in like that because "their wives won't let them go out two days in a row", I lose all respect for you.

If you're that much of a milksop that you're a slave to your wife's demands, either you'll never have the fortitude to be anyone of any real significance or you should separate or divorce so you can find out who you are again and get your identity back.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:41 PM   #109
Izulde
Head Coach

dola,

I meant panerd's friends who are like that, just to clear up any confusion that may arise.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:50 PM   #110
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Yeah I'm sorry, but if you're the kind of guy who just caves in like that because "their wives won't let them go out two days in a row", I lose all respect for you.

If you're that much of a milksop that you're a slave to your wife's demands, either you'll never have the fortitude to be anyone of any real significance or you should separate or divorce so you can find out who you are again and get your identity back.

ummm, wow, we agree on something.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #111
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Word. I don't even try to keep my own calendar, I just ask "is there anything going on such-and-such date". She's never wrong.

Yeah I can hear you guys now, you ask her whats going on tonight and she says nothing. You ask whats wrong and she tells you she can't believe you like some of what TCY Junkie posts. You tell her you will stop enjoying his posts. She sees in your eyes the lies and gives you a look. You then say his post are entertaining and she says she has posts to prove otherwise. That is when I leave, failing to leave earlier made it tough going home through the heavy bushes but the stars in the bright sky helped and there was a good trail straight to my house for some reason. On the way home I thought I saw bigfoot but it was just HA showing Izulde how to beat his chest properly.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:25 PM   #112
path12
Coordinator

A trail from Texas to Seattle? Impressive. You must have been the guy the dog was barking at.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:40 PM   #113
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

you ever been married?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:45 PM   #114
stevew
Hall Of Famer

blueberry muffins?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:49 PM   #115
stevew
Hall Of Famer

dola

I'm usually on a pretty long leash but I don't have time to go out anyways. Although a few weeks ago I did attend a raging kegger and it was flat out amazing. Most of the people I work with are in the 21-25 range, so on the rare occasion I do go out I have a ton of fun. I lived in a pretty big bubble when I was younger, so I didn't really get to go to any 21st birthday parties. I definitely feel like i missed out.

Anyways, we're struggling to find the 8th member of our league for a draft tomorrow. It's just really weird that nobody I know in real life is into football as much as most of us here are.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:09 PM   #116
Galaxy
Coordinator

And JimmyWint is able to have a wife and girlfriend! Bastard.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:53 AM   #117
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
And JimmyWint is able to have a wife and girlfriend! Bastard.

Too much fuckin' work, man. One is plenty.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:43 AM   #118
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Too much fuckin' work, man. One is plenty.

You have a point, but the benefits can outweigh the drawbacks.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #119
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
You have a point, but the benefits can outweigh the drawbacks.

I would have agreed with that until my very late 20's.