Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

"They Killed My Son Over a Dog!"

The big story in Pittsburgh right now

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_566301.html

The outcry is now "They killed my son over a dog!" No, they killed your son because he pulled a gun out, in front of cops, and starting firing.

Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so what are people in an uproar about, because the kid was black or because they shot the kid?

From everything I know a police dog is just as much an officer of the law as a police officer.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #3
SFL Cat
College Starter

You pull a gun on cops...you're going to get shot...nuff said.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #4
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
The outcry is now "They killed my son over a dog!" No, they killed your son because he pulled a gun out, in front of cops, and starting firing.

Exactly. A guy pulls out a gun and starts firing, doesn't matter what he's aiming at, he needs to get taken down.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:58 PM   #5
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so what are people in an uproar about, because the kid was black or because they shot the kid?

c- all the above

I love when they break out the "he was a good kid" line.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #6
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

"He was turning his life around!". Parental speak for "He was a thug."

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
"He was turning his life around!". Parental speak for "He was (and probably still is) a thug."

fixed
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #8
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I'd kill your kid over a dog.

Wait, what's this about?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #9
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I love the following part of the article.

Quote:
Donald Jackson said witnesses told him his son did not have a gun, and family members said Justin Jackson was not known to carry one.

Court records show Justin Jackson had an arrest record for offenses including firearms violations, simple assault, criminal conspiracy, and motor vehicle violations.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:21 PM   #10
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post

just goes to show that parents typically don't know shit about shit and should STFU
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #11
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

thats no surprise to me.

The kid probably turned out the way he did because his parents had no clue about what he was doing with his life
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #12
billethius
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
thats no surprise to me.

The kid probably turned out the way he did because his parents had no clue about what he was doing with his life

Which would make them exactly like 95% of the parents in this country. I always feel bad for the families in stories like this (kids that drive drunk and then kill themselves/someone else being another example) but have absolutely no sympathy for the kid that got shot.

Last edited by billethius : 05-07-2008 at 08:25 PM.
billethius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:29 PM   #13
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Oh I don't argue that stuff at all. I drive around neighborhoods to get pictures of houses for part of my job and I still can't get over how many parents let their kids wander the streets while they are inside the house. I mean little 4-10 year old kids. I have told my wife that if I ever had a sick bone in my body it would be easy to abduct children.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #14
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

Didn't you see that part about him turning his life around? So last week, or even the day before, maybe he was carrying one...but i bet that morning he changed his mind.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #15
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

19 years old and already multiple arrests? I'd be curious to see the disposition in these cases. I'm guessing multiple plea bargains, extended probation (perhaps multiple cases of that), and little jail time.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:29 PM   #16
RainMaker
General Manager

Good riddance, one less dipshit on this planet that can reproduce. Sad to hear about the dog though. :-(
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:34 PM   #17
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

The 19 year old shot a German officer and they are upset and saying "This needs to stop. The police are using excessive force and killing young black men,"
All these killings need to stop, why can't people act right.
The only news should be the cop getting suspended unless the guy shot the dog quickly and threw his gun down.

Last edited by TCY Junkie : 05-07-2008 at 11:47 PM.
TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:40 PM   #18
BYU 14
Coordinator

It is tragic that a young man is dead, but it is because of the choices he made and the response from the father clearly defines why his son made that choice. No accountability whatsoever.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:22 AM   #19
billethius
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
It is tragic that a young man is dead, but it is because of the choices he made and the response from the father clearly defines why his son made that choice. No accountability whatsoever.

Welcome to modern day America - where nothing is ever my fault. It's the violent video games, or bad parenting, or the bartender who kept serving me, or the dealer who sold me the drugs, or the girl who was asking for it by wearing such a short skirt, or....

However, it's not surprising that the father is trying to find someone else at fault. I have a hard time believing anyone would be rational about their relatively young son's death - regardless of what kind of person the kid was.
billethius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:29 AM   #20
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethius View Post
Welcome to modern day America - where nothing is ever my fault. It's the violent video games, or bad parenting, or the bartender who kept serving me, or the dealer who sold me the drugs, or the girl who was asking for it by wearing such a short skirt, or....

However, it's not surprising that the father is trying to find someone else at fault. I have a hard time believing anyone would be rational about their relatively young son's death - regardless of what kind of person the kid was.

It would be a hard thing to take, bad kid or not in some way I am sure it's hard for parents who felt they were close to their child (whether true or not).

I have an aunt who to this day still feels her son was killed in some way and that it wasn't suicide/O.D. She feels the police didn't give a crap and just never bothered looking into things.

Last edited by Cringer : 05-08-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:24 AM   #21
Z²+
High School JV

An updated article with much more information on the incident, including the criminal background of the kid.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08129/880097-53.stm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Gazette article
Many family members do not believe he had a gun and theorized that police shot both the K-9 and Mr. Jackson.

Donald James Jackson, his father, said he has witnesses to back up this theory, but he did not want to provide their names yesterday.

He said witnesses told him that they saw one of the officers hover over his son's body and he suspects the officers planted a gun and other evidence there.

Apparently, what really happened was that the police shot the guy in cold blood, then shot their own dog to cover it all up. Just ask the father. He's got all kinds of secret witnesses who saw the whole thing.

P-I-T-T Let's go Pitt!

Last edited by Z²+ : 05-08-2008 at 05:27 AM. Reason: add quote
Z²+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:34 AM   #22
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
He also was charged with weapons possession and police alleged that his mother, Anna Jackson, tried to hide the weapon.

Can they go back and shoot his parents as well now?

Last edited by jeff061 : 05-08-2008 at 05:35 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:30 AM   #23
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z²+ View Post
An updated article with much more information on the incident, including the criminal background of the kid.

Apparently, what really happened was that the police shot the guy in cold blood, then shot their own dog to cover it all up. Just ask the father. He's got all kinds of secret witnesses who saw the whole thing.

Yeah catching the news on my way out of the house this morning, they had a pastor on telling his story about how the cops told everyone to leave the scene, and he and/or his wife told the cops that's wrong, that they were telling all the witnesses to leave.

Because, remember, he was a good kid!
Old 05-08-2008, 06:51 AM   #24
GreenMonster
High School Varsity

What about the parents in Philly that are outraged there sons may have been beaten while being removed from a car. They were just on a drive, shooting up a group at another corner, I can't believe the police were looking for them or they used force.
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #25
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Paging Rev. Wright.
Rev. Wright to the courtesy phone.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:42 AM   #26
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I REALLY get tired of some members of minority communities who feel the need to make a fuss over an incident like this. I'd expect to see the same result if there was a white idiot firing a gun at a K9 officer. The only difference being that it wouldn't be a new story because everyone would agree that the white kid was out of line and shouldn't be shooting at a K9 officer.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #27
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:

++
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:14 AM   #28
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Should I be embarassed that when I saw flere was the last post in the thread...i rushed in to see if there was an MS paint rendition of the story?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #29
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
just goes to show that parents typically don't know shit about shit and should STFU
One of the most insightful posts in the history of message boards.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:52 AM   #30
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Should I be embarassed that when I saw flere was the last post in the thread...i rushed in to see if there was an MS paint rendition of the story?

Sadly, I've generally been too busy with work to do that kind of thing much these days.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #31
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I REALLY get tired of some members of minority communities who feel the need to make a fuss over an incident like this. I'd expect to see the same result if there was a white idiot firing a gun at a K9 officer. The only difference being that it wouldn't be a new story because everyone would agree that the white kid was out of line and shouldn't be shooting at a K9 officer.

if the white kid was rich it'd be a story
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #32
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
++

I always wondered why people use +1 instead of ++. Glad I've seen someone else do that.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:19 PM   #33
rkmsuf
Head Coach

If a police dog runs out in front of your car and you hit it can you sue the police for damages to your vehicle?
Old 05-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #34
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
If a police dog runs out in front of your car and you hit it can you sue the police for damages to your vehicle?

I'd give the cops that extra $200 I have.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #35
Groundhog
Coordinator

If your brother, sister, grandma, mother, father, or son pull a gun out on cops, then sure, they probably are next...
Old 05-09-2008, 12:03 AM   #36
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I always wondered why people use +1 instead of ++. Glad I've seen someone else do that.

+1

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:08 AM   #37
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

%1
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #38
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z²+ View Post

The sadder thing about this story is that I'm sure there are a lot of people who believe that story that the father is selling.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:50 AM   #39
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08135/881529-52.stm

Quote:
Bishop Carswell, who was driving past the scene during the incident, acknowledged he did not see the full sequence of events because a police car blocked his vision in the rear-view mirror.
He said, however, "We don't feel like this was a justified shooting."
"I saw no gun," Bishop Carswell said after the service. "I saw [the officer] going toward Justin with the dog. Justin did not threaten them."

He saw all of this from his rearview mirror? Around a police car in his sight line? while driving?

Gotcha
Old 05-14-2008, 07:16 AM   #40
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
=
Quote:
+1