Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Personal Inspiration for me

I just came across this video and interview that I missed of Randy Pausch. For those that don't know he is a former Carnegie-Mellon Univesity that gave his last lecture but for him it's special because he's dying of inoperable pancreatic cancer. He has only a short time to live and his strength, courage and humor are amazing.
For me personally I suffered a near-tragic bout of hemorragic pancreatitis on October 2, 2007 in which not only was my pancreas bleeding out but I was in renal failure, on October 5th my lungs collapsed and the doctors brought my wife, parents and kids together and told them I had a 70% chance of dying that night. I have no personal memory of the 11 days (Oct 2-13) I spent in the hospital my wife tells me that she leaned over to me and said I wasn't allowed to die and I promised her I wouldn't.
My wife, kids, parents and close friends have all been amazing as I recuperate and recover. For all of them Thank You.
I ask that each of you click on the link, scroll down to the video and watch it with someone you love.
http://download.srv.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/

Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Congrats. You should be very thankful that you made it and just as thankful that you don't remember the ordeal.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:09 AM   #3
SteveMax58
College Starter

I saw a special(or maybe it was just a 5-min story) on this guy the other night...what an amazing attitude and perspective he has.

Best wishes on your continued recovery Tim. I think I'll watch this clip with the wife tonight.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote