Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2008, 09:02 AM   #1
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

10% off at Wolverine Studios and other news

We sent out a newsletter to our customers this morning with a couple of news tidbits including this sale so I thought I would share it here for the benefit of anyone who is not a prior customer.

From March 12-19 take 10% off any and all purchases from the Wolverine Studios webstore. Just visit our webstore, make your selections and enter the code WLV-10OFF prior to finalizing your purchase.

I'm also very happy to announce that FOFC's own "Icy" will be joining us. His graphical work is very impressive and I'm happy that he'll be part of Wolverine Studios now. That's not all we have to announce either but we're going to save the next announcement for a little bit later this month.

For anyone on the fence about buying DDS: College Basketball we got a great review from GameShark

Thanks to everyone in the community for your continued support.

Gary Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

nice, congrats to Icy!

FM
Old 03-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #3
Izulde
Head Coach

Congrats, Icy!

Looking forward to the announcement.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #4
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
We sent out a newsletter to our customers this morning with a couple of news tidbits including this sale so I thought I would share it here for the benefit of anyone who is not a prior customer.

From March 12-19 take 10% off any and all purchases from the Wolverine Studios webstore. Just visit our webstore, make your selections and enter the code WLV-10OFF prior to finalizing your purchase.

I'm also very happy to announce that FOFC's own "Icy" will be joining us. His graphical work is very impressive and I'm happy that he'll be part of Wolverine Studios now. That's not all we have to announce either but we're going to save the next announcement for a little bit later this month.

For anyone on the fence about buying DDS: College Basketball we got a great review from GameShark

Thanks to everyone in the community for your continued support.

Gary,

Will Icy officially becoming a member of the staff keep him from putting out the official logo mod packs in the future? Those logo packs add quite a bit to the experience and I'd hate to see that he couldn't do those anymore due to possible license infringement with him being an employee.

Good move on the sale during the tournament. Hope you get a bunch of people to bite.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Congrats, Icy!
Old 03-12-2008, 09:51 AM   #6
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Gary,

Will Icy officially becoming a member of the staff keep him from putting out the official logo mod packs in the future? Those logo packs add quite a bit to the experience and I'd hate to see that he couldn't do those anymore due to possible license infringement with him being an employee.

Good move on the sale during the tournament. Hope you get a bunch of people to bite.

Well he will not be creating logo mods himself just as Paul has never done that for our community. However we have a number of other people who have made logo packs or court graphics or whatever. As for his installer that makes using those mods easier that I don't know about. I don't really know how we'll treat that - he may end up just teaching someone else how to create that and pass the torch onto that person. Either way I don't expect any drop off in our community created graphics mods and he's been such a great member of so many communities (not to mention very talented) so I felt he was more than deserving of the chance to actually be part of the company. I asked him if he wanted to actually be part of the staff or just a person we hired on an as-needed basis and he very much wanted to be part of the staff and help continue to build the company rather than just make some graphics for us and I couldn't be happier to have him on board.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
MrBug708
Head Coach

Congrats Icy! To think that he once was my assistant commish!
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #8
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Way to go ICY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #9
Icy
Pro Starter

Thanks for the props guys, this is a dream for me, to work in the text sims business that i love, and specially for a company like Wolverine Studios that is becoming one of the most important ones in our niche industry.

As Gary said, i was offered both to be a freelancer working for WS on some projects or to join the company as a full staff member, having more input on the company decisions. I decided to go for the second, so besides my main designing job, i'll also be able to offer more to Wolverine, like new games ideas, production, marketing etc, helping to it's growth and to use my gaming and betatesting experience to release even better products.

In the few days i have been working with WS staff until now, I have realized how friendly and hard workers they are, and i feel already like in a family. I'm also very happy already of working with an awesome designer like Paul, who has made all the current WS games interfaces. I'm sure we can learn a lot from each other.

Sadly for some, it will limit my ability to work on game mods for obvious legal reasons. As a full member of the WS staff, my actions also represent the company i work for, so i can't work on copyrighted stuff without WS having the license to do so. Anyway there are amazing mod makers both here and at WS boards, and i'll help writing some tutorials about how to create the all-in-one installers i did in the past, etc. Also i'll become very active in the mods forums at WS to offer my help and advice to all the mod makers. While i won't directly touch those mods, i'll do my best to guide all the current and future mod makers.

On the other hand, i'll be very open to suggestions both at WS boards and here about future game interfaces and graphical designs, to make WS games even more appealing to our text gaming community and to attract potential new customers to the text sims genre that we all love.

This is a really happy day for me!

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Congrats, Icy!

Smart move on the sale. I've been on the fence about buying DDS:CB for a few months, but this just pushed me off the fence. I'll pick this up sometime this week.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:59 AM   #11
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

congrats Icy! Good year for you!!!

between your wife popping and now this i mean.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-12-2008 at 10:59 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:00 AM   #12
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Congrats Icy, and Gary, I would take advantage of it, but A) I'm broke, and B) I think I've bought all your games anyway..
Old 03-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #13
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Congrats Icy, great hire Gary.

Last edited by cubboyroy1826 : 03-12-2008 at 11:05 AM.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #14
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Yay! Congrats Icy, glad you could use your talents for the games you love.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #15
Sgran
High School Varsity

I almost bought the college game last night. I'll definitely pull the trigger now. My only concern is the lack of online leagues. I hope this sale creates a bit of momentum. My other concern is my lack of RAM. Sometimes I hate being poor.

Last edited by Sgran : 03-12-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Sgran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #16
Coder
College Prospect

congrats to Icy and as a tribute to Gary for inviting such a talented guy to the company I will buy the college game tonight!

Now.. if I could only enjoy basketball...

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #17
Capital
High School Varsity

Icy,

I have used a number of your graphics in the past and they are always top notch. This seems like an excellent addition to Wolverine. Congrats...
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:25 PM   #18
DanGarion
Coordinator

This is great. I'm really happy for you Icy. This might be the push I need to buy my first WS game. Even though I probably won't play the game that much.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #19
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Congrats to ICY and Wolverine.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:26 PM   #20
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgran View Post
I almost bought the college game last night. I'll definitely pull the trigger now. My only concern is the lack of online leagues. I hope this sale creates a bit of momentum. My other concern is my lack of RAM. Sometimes I hate being poor.

Here you can find the Fake Hoops league, that merges a pro and college league using both DDS basketball games, college and pro.

http://www.totalsportsworld.net/foru...play.php?f=196

About the lack of RAM, sorry i can't help

Last edited by Icy : 03-12-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:30 PM   #21
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Are there any more updates on the way for the DDS college game?
Old 03-12-2008, 01:36 PM   #22
path12
Coordinator

Let me add my congrats to Icy. I tried DDSCB again for a few hours last weekend and just couldn't get any immersion going. Next time I'll make some notes about what I'm having trouble with.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #23
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Are there any more updates on the way for the DDS college game?

Yes. No timeframe at the moment.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #24
Sgran
High School Varsity

where do i put the code for the discount? I am at the end of the process.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #25
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

There should be a clickable link that says something like "I have a coupon code"
Old 03-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #26
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Go back to the shopping cart screen, and click where it says "I have a discount code ..."
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #27
SteveMax58
College Starter

Just wanted to say congrats to Icy.

I've used many of your graphics mods for many different games over the years and it is great to see you getting an opportunity to help build the games you have such a passion for. I'm sure you'll add quite a lot to WS.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #28
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Congrats, Icy!

Smart move on the sale. I've been on the fence about buying DDS:CB for a few months, but this just pushed me off the fence. I'll pick this up sometime this week.

+1

I've been soooo close to buying the college basketball game and everytime I stop short. We'll see if this pushes me over the top this weekend.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #29
Dutch
"Dutch"

Or TPG 2....
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #30
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Holy crap.. After a day playing the demos for TPG 2, DDS CB, and DDS PB I want them all.. The pro basketball game may be getting a purchase here soon.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:03 PM   #31
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Hell, my biggest concern is that the world of adult sites on the internet is going to get a little smaller. Are you giving up that business as well, Icy?
Old 03-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #32
korme
Go Reds

Thinking about getting the CB game, are there any good online leagues out there? I haven't been in a MP league other than for FOF in AGES.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #33
korme
Go Reds

Hell even the golf game sounds fun... can you run an entire season without controlling anyone, just letting computer controlled player's careers pan out?
Old 03-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #34
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Congrats ICY, this should be a great experience for you.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:53 PM   #35
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Hell even the golf game sounds fun... can you run an entire season without controlling anyone, just letting computer controlled player's careers pan out?

You can create a golfer (you have to create your persona in the game) but you can just set his schedule to do nothing every week.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:56 PM   #36
korme
Go Reds

Thanks Gary. I'm going to d/l the demo now and play around.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:40 AM   #37
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Be sure to check www.tpgcommunity.net for course mods. They're free to download and work with the demo version as well.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #38
BYU 14
Coordinator

Congrats Icy, what a great opportunity!!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:25 AM   #39
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Saturday morning bump - its tournament time and I want to make sure any of you who want to get in on DDS: College Basketball do so for the 10% off.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:03 AM   #40
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Can someone link me to a thread or otherwise summarize the differences between the "Total" games (I have pro & college, though I haven't played in years) and the Draft Day games?

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:18 AM   #41
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

The difference between the versions of the pro games are that DDS lets you have a playable d-league, has a far better almanac (you can view stats for every season any player ever played or view by team and see every player that ever played for that team), has a mode to play without seeing ratings, an option to let you play just as GM or coach but yet interaction between the roles to let you suggest changes the other should make and a number of other tweaks and improvements.

The college game I feel took a huge step forward between the versions. The DDS version has a FAR better recruiting interface and added in the player/team/coach relationships so you have to deal with handling team problems (fights, arguments etc) in addition to the usual academic stuff. You also have the ability to talk to your players and ask them to change their behavior or spend more time studying etc to try and improve their situations. The almanac is again much deeper, you have more control in scheduling, can schedule rivalry games and lots more. Plus I set it up so that you can run both a DDS: Pro and DDS: College league at the same time and the files will automatically send the information back and forth (there's just a specific order you need to make sure you work with).

If you have any questions just let me know. You can also visit these pages

http://www.wolverinestudios.com/ddsc...?page=features
http://www.wolverinestudios.com/ddsp...?page=features
Old 03-15-2008, 11:09 AM   #42
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Thanks. I just bought DDSCB!

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:12 PM   #43
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Going to give this a bump here since the sale is just about over. If you want your tourney fix might as well get DDS:CB before the 10% is done which it will be tomorrow (Wed)
Old 03-18-2008, 11:55 PM   #44
SunDevil
College Prospect

Congrats Icy.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote