Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #51
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Not sure if he sucks, because to me he doesn't. I know he isn't a star and never really will be. Packer LB Brady Poppinga. I always say it Poppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiingaaaaaaaaaa. I love the name, and that is why I started to love the guy. And then he got another boost when I found out he named his son Julius Maximus Poppinga, that name is freakin' funny and cool all at the same time.

He doesn't suck...he is one of my BYU boys out in the NFL...I keep an eye on all of them, and he did well for GB this season. His brother is playing better than he did.

MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #52
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Dola....my favorite player that sucked in the NFL was Ty Detmer...teams kept paying him because he was an extra coach for them.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #53
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Dola....my favorite player that sucked in the NFL was Ty Detmer...teams kept paying him because he was an extra coach for them.

Ty and Koy, the pride of Mission, TX.

And I said Poppinga doesn't suck to me. I love the guy. When it comes to Green Bay linebackers though, Nick Barnett and A.J. Hawk are in the front seat of the pickup truck while Poppinga is running behind it trying to jump up into the bed.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #54
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Evgeny Davydov

Oh man wasn't he #40 or something in one of the first NHL video games?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #55
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Ty and Koy, the pride of Mission, TX.

And I said Poppinga doesn't suck to me. I love the guy. When it comes to Green Bay linebackers though, Nick Barnett and A.J. Hawk are in the front seat of the pickup truck while Poppinga is running behind it trying to jump up into the bed.

Brady is crazy enough...he is riding the skateboard holding onto the truck...

Last edited by MacroGuru : 03-18-2008 at 02:09 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #56
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Oh man wasn't he #40 or something in one of the first NHL video games?

I can't recall his number, but he was definitely in either NHL 92 or 93 (93 I think, which means he would have been named). He had 28 goals in his one full year with the Jets, and I had his rookie card. I pretty much thought I was going to be rich.

He is also noted as the first guy over the boards in the famous bench-clearing brawl at the '87 juniors.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #57
Dutch
"Dutch"

By far, my favorite player of all time who pretty much sucked was Trent Dilfer. So the Super Bowl win was amazing on many levels of disbelief, and I loved every minute of it for his sake and his sake only.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #58
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Jim Sorgi

Prior to this past season he had a better lifetime passer rating than Peyton Manning.

Last edited by Greyroofoo : 03-18-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #59
Kodos
Resident Alien

Calbert Cheaney. My favorite IU player of all time. He was fantastic in college, but just an average roster filler in the NBA.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #60
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I gotta say....Kodos.

He's my star. Yeah, he sucks and his threads lack any semblance of talent or originality, but by god he puts the pole in polls.

Next poll: Monogamy in marriage -- For or against?
Old 03-18-2008, 04:30 PM   #61
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Ever since he walked over from the ondeck circle and talked to me during a pitching change: Pat Borders, the Blue Jays catcher.

He was MVP of the World Series one year, so he wasn't wholly disgusting, but he had to platoon with Ernie Witt, so he wasn't good, either.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:32 PM   #62
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Everyone has that one guy they love for some reason or another that has nothing to do with what they do on the field. Maybe there was a past college triumpth you remember fondly, or perhaps the guy is just so likeable you can look past his horrid OBP or shooting percentage.

Personally, my favorite guy is a recent addition but I love Aaron Downey. He can't skate, he can't pass, he surely can't score and even though he drops the gloves he usually loses his fights. Still, he is a great teammate who'll stick up for the big guns even if it means he'll take a severe beating and hearing him talk after a game is like seeing a kid in a candy shop. He just truly loves hockey and he embraces his role. That kind of attitude is infectious.

My favorite Aaron Downey memory is from 2005-06 season, I believe, when he was still in Montreal. During a break in a Habs-Pens game, he was laying into Crosby from the bench (Crosby on the ice) about what it means to be a pro, how to conduct himself, etc. It just made me laugh. I understand what he was getting at, but Crosby has been in the spotlight since he was 12, and been handling himself professionally.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:31 PM   #63
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
By far, my favorite player of all time who pretty much sucked was Trent Dilfer. So the Super Bowl win was amazing on many levels of disbelief, and I loved every minute of it for his sake and his sake only.

I've got to say that Trent is up there for me as well. He is a feature in my home town, and is a real class act.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:46 PM   #64
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
Jim Sorgi

He had some good moments in Madison, but he was sooooooo fragile. Dude was always hurt.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:46 PM   #65
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Jim Miller.

The only QB during the Hell Years of the Bears that actually seemed to give a shit. Conducted his post-game interviews from a local bar with a beer in his hand, and kept on going after he got repeatedly anhiliated on the field.

Just a good guy.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote