Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #1
SFL Cat
College Starter

$400 million...Holy Crap!

Quote:
McCartney faces £200m divorce battle
09:28am 17th May 2006

Sir Paul McCartney has made a public show of support for his wife just hours after the couple confirmed they were "going their separate ways".

The former Beatle hit back at suggestions that Heather Mills McCartney had only married him "for the money" and called her a "generous person".

His comments came as lawyers speculated that Lady McCartney could stand to get £200 million in any future divorce settlement.

"It's been suggested that she married me for the money and there is not an ounce of truth in this," the star said in a message on his website.

"She is a very generous person who spends most of her time trying to help others in greater need than herself."

Earlier the couple, who have been married for four years, said they had made an "amicable" agreement to split and still cared about each other "very much".

But they said they had found it "increasingly difficult" to maintain a normal relationship in the glare of the public eye.

"Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways," they said.

Last week Heather denied rumours the marriage was on the rocks.

She put stories of a split down to her hiding from photographers who wanted a picture of her on crutches after a recent operation on her leg.

She told one newspaper: "It's hilarious. Of course we are together. Paul and I are still very much together. Paul and I are together 100 per cent."

But the ex-Beatle's marriage to the charity campaigner and former model has clearly been under strain in recent weeks.

Reports have suggested the couple were already living at separate addresses after a series of blazing rows.

Sir Paul, who is 64 next month, is said to be living on the family farm in Peasmarsh, East Sussex, about 50 miles away from his wife, 38, who is at the couple's home in Hove.

Pictures also recently showed Sir Paul on holiday alone in the south of France.

The couple met in 1999 at a charity event a year after Sir Paul's first wife of 29 years, Linda, died from cancer.

In 2001 they got engaged while on a short break in the Lake District and they wed the next year at a remote countryside castle in Ireland.

Lady McCartney gave birth to the couple's child Beatrice Milly, who is now two, in the autumn of 2003.

The couple admitted that separating would be "immensely stressful".

"Separation for any couple is difficult enough, but to have to go through this so publicly, especially with a small daughter is immensely stressful.

"We hope, for the sake of our baby daughter, that we will be given some space and time to get through this difficult period," they said.

Sir Paul already has three children from his marriage to Linda - musician James, photographer Mary, and fashion designer Stella.

He also has a stepdaughter, Heather, from Linda's first marriage.

Since the beginning of their relationship, Sir Paul and Lady McCartney have been dogged by critics attacking her motives for being with the pop legend.

Lady McCartney has revealed in the past that she offered to sign a prenuptial agreement before marrying Sir Paul, but said he turned her down.

She said she was prepared to draw up an agreement which would protect his estimated £800 million fortune if they split to show that her affections were genuine.

The couple have continued to appear together at public engagements this year, mostly in connection with their animal rights campaigning.

In March they flew to Canada to protest ahead of the annual slaughter of young harp seal pups.

Then in a BBC documentary broadcast last month they spoke out on the fur trade.

Sir Paul's spokesman would not be drawn on the prospects of the marriage ending in divorce, insisting that the couple had merely agreed on a separation.

But a lawyer said that if the break-up went through the courts, it could end up being the biggest divorce case in British history.

Sir Paul is Britain's richest musician and made £48.5million last year from record sales and his US tour.

Leading divorce lawyer Alan Kaufman, head of family law at London firm Finers Stephens Innocent, said: "This will be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, divorce cases to hit the English courts, if it gets that far.

"If I was acting for Sir Paul and he wanted a fight - and he can certainly afford one - I would take it all the way through the courts and argue that a fair settlement would be a lot less than £200 million."

£200 million?! That's about $400 million U.S. Why Sir Paul didn't agree to a prenup is a complete mystery to me.

Last edited by SFL Cat : 05-19-2006 at 11:37 AM.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:40 AM   #2
bbor
Pro Starter

She wanted a pre nup and he did'nt?

He deserves to get fleeced then.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:48 AM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

She doesn't have a leg to stand on.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:49 AM   #4
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

I feel like I should make a comment on the seal hunt here... but I won't since most people, I guess, would get mad that I support it.

... actually I suppose this is making a comment about the seal hunt.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSyrup

boooooooooooooooo

How did she lose part of her leg btw?

Last edited by SFL Cat : 05-19-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:53 AM   #6
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian
I feel like I should make a comment on the seal hunt here... but I won't since most people, I guess, would get mad that I support it.

... actually I suppose this is making a comment about the seal hunt.

Is that a comment on the seal hunt, or a comment on a potential comment on the seal hunt?
Old 05-19-2006, 11:54 AM   #7
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL Cat
boooooooooooooooo

How did she lose part of her leg btw?

I'm pretty sure she got hit by a motorcyclist.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:11 PM   #8
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
Is that a comment on the seal hunt, or a comment on a potential comment on the seal hunt?

I suppose it is both.

Oh what the heck... the seal hunt is a legitimate animal hunt, just like people that hunt deer or ducks.

- Baby seals are not hunted, despite the laws animial rights groups yell about... it has been illegal to hunt baby seals (the white cute ones) since the mid-80's.
- 90% of seals are in fact killed via a gunshot... the other 10% are hit with a "club"... using the club method, when done properly, has been proven by the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association to be a humane way to kill these animals.
- Seals are not hunted just for their fur... they are also killed for their meat (which I eat, and is really tasty), and their oil (which are used for health medications).
- Animal Rights people despite what they say do not actually want the hunt to end, it is actually a huge fundraiser for them... last year Animal Rights groups made $70 Million off the hunt, while the fisherman only made approx. $20 Million. (Ok, this point is an opinion... the others are indeed facts)
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #9
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
That was my first thought!
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:32 PM   #10
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian
- 90% of seals are in fact killed via a gunshot... the other 10% are hit with a "club"... using the club method, when done properly, has been proven by the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association to be a humane way to kill these animals.

I've got no opinion on seal hunting, but how do you prove how humane a method of killing is?
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:35 PM   #11
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

She should have to settle for half his income since they got married and subrtact her income during that period.

It would still be a substantial amount...

The best I heard on the radio yesterday. If she is really miss charity as she makes herself out to be she could take whatever settlement she gets in the divorce and donate it in full.

Either that or Paul should challenge her to a winner take all race!

(She's making Yoko look good...)
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:51 PM   #12
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000

fell off the back of a motorcyclist, more likely

(bonus points to whoever gets the reference)
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:04 PM   #13
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

She deserves the money. Sure, he's a big success now, but where would he have been if she hadn't been there to support him all those years they were married?
Old 05-19-2006, 01:08 PM   #14
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
She deserves the money. Sure, he's a big success now, but where would he have been if she hadn't been there to support him all those years they were married?

About $400 million richer?

Let's see, they were married about four years. If she gets $400 mil, that approximately translates to about $275K per day. Not a bad day's wage.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:11 PM   #15
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Let's see, they were married about four years. If she gets $400 mil, that approximately translates to about $275K per day. Not a bad day's wage.

Your sarcasm detector seems broken - I'd check it, if I were you.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:18 PM   #16
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Never ever make the mistake of reading a Maple Leafs post in serious context.

Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:20 PM   #17
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
Your sarcasm detector seems broken - I'd check it, if I were you.

Yours seems to be too.

The real woman behind the man was Linda.

But I reiterate, $275K is a pretty good day's wage!

And just think, she'll soon be needing a new guy in her life.

*Starts checking air rates to the British Isles*

Last edited by SFL Cat : 05-19-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:30 PM   #18
russiaboss

Paul did too many drugs back in the day he is mentally challenged
Old 05-19-2006, 01:37 PM   #19
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

What the fuck has she done to earn the money?
Old 05-19-2006, 01:38 PM   #20
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop

I saw her on The Simpsons once.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:39 PM   #21
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000

My recollection was that she got hit by a police officer. Can't recall if it was a motorcycle or car, though.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:41 PM   #22
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
I saw her on The Simpsons once.

Wasn't that Linda? Or have they been back on since? I haven't kept up withthe Simpsons every week in a number of years.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:45 PM   #23
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Wasn't that Linda? Or have they been back on since? I haven't kept up withthe Simpsons every week in a number of years.

meh, you're right.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:51 PM   #24
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcPow
I've got no opinion on seal hunting, but how do you prove how humane a method of killing is?

If the animal suffers during the killing process, then that wouldn't be humane.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 05-19-2006, 03:48 PM   #25
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Yours seems to be too.

The real woman behind the man was Linda.

But I reiterate, $275K is a pretty good day's wage!

And just think, she'll soon be needing a new guy in her life.

*Starts checking air rates to the British Isles*

I'm pretty sure you'll be signing a pre-nup. Have fun getting clubbed by seal hunters though.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:20 PM   #26
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
I'm pretty sure you'll be signing a pre-nup. Have fun getting clubbed by seal hunters though.

Not to worry, I just asked and my wife says it's a NO GO.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:31 PM   #27
Buccaneer
Head Coach

McCartney's Divorce: Sadly Expected
Yes, everyone is talking about Paul McCartney’s announced separation from Heather Mills after four years, one baby and a possible financial disaster.
This could not have been a happy decision for McCartney, who married too soon after losing his beloved wife Linda McCartney. But he didn’t want to be alone, said friends, after 29 years with the same woman.
Mills is much-loathed by McCartney fans and, no doubt, his family. I’ve met her a few times and she’s never been anything less than friendly.
At last July’s Live 8 Concert in London, she trooped around backstage with a video camera, trying to make a documentary or at least keep herself busy for the 12 hours between McCartney’s opening and closing of the show.
You see, she simply had no interest in Paul’s business: music. When I met her in 2001, I asked Heather what her favorite Beatles song was. She replied that she had none because she knew none of them.
"I only know them now from him playing them to me on the guitar," she told me.
She said then that she didn’t listen to the Beatles' records and didn't know the albums. Her favorite song? "Here, There, and Everywhere." Did she know "For No One," I asked? She didn't. She'd never heard either "Rubber Soul" or "Revolver," she said. "Oh, 'Blackbird' is very good," she said.
Of course, you have to remember that Heather was born the same year "The White Album" was released — 1968 — and "Hey Jude" was No. 1 for seven weeks.
I don’t think there was any way for the situation to improve. It takes a certain amount of obeisance to be with the most successful pop star and songwriter in the world.
Linda McCartney knew that; she never spent a day away from Paul. At this year’s Grammys — where McCartney had his first album nomination since 1975 — Heather was nowhere to be found. And that should have been the indication right off that trouble was afoot.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:27 PM   #28
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop

I love questions that answer themselves.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:07 PM   #29
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

So will this hurt the settlement some?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...tm?POE=LIFISVA
Sun' glare for Paul, Heather McCartney
By Karen Thomas, USA TODAY
Paul McCartney was unusually mum Monday, when a British tabloid published nude photos of his estranged wife, Heather Mills McCartney, 38.

The photos, published in The Sun, are the latest development in the British media's fascination with the couple's split, which probably will dominate headlines all summer. The couple announced their separation May 17.

McCartney, 63, has been posting regular messages on his website denouncing tabloid speculation about the split. In his last message, posted June 1, McCartney said reports about custody arrangements for the couple's daughter, Beatrice, 2, were "simply not true."

The explicit images of Mills McCartney, a former model, originally were featured in the German book Die Freuden Der Liebe (The Joys of Love).

Last edited by Bearcat729 : 06-07-2006 at 02:07 PM.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:14 PM   #30
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Looking at all the pictures, she still has 2 legs, so they have to be several years old. Supposedly she was a former escort, as well.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:26 PM   #31
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
So will this hurt the settlement some?

Probably not, unless there's some proof that's she been ...
{wait for it}
{wait}

... bedhopping.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:29 PM   #32
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Probably not, unless there's some proof that's she been ...
{wait for it}
{wait}

... bedhopping.

Ugh.

stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:32 PM   #33
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Cha-Ching.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #34
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Looking at all the pictures, she still has 2 legs, so they have to be several years old. Supposedly she was a former escort, as well.

I guess she was an escort and porn star.

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp...o_air_on_uk_tv
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:52 PM   #35
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

*note to self*
if ever i get rich, never marry a ho.

*note to self*
Never marry a Ho
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #36
Galaxy
Coordinator

Interesting article as well...

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/st...109179,00.html
Old 07-01-2006, 11:45 PM   #37
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

As a gigantic Beatles/McCartney fan, at this point I won't dare question Sir Paul's judgement in regards to this marriage/prenup. He's not going to miss the money, so it's all good to me.

I <3 Rubber Soul
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:16 PM   #38
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
As a gigantic Beatles/McCartney fan, at this point I won't dare question Sir Paul's judgement in regards to this marriage/prenup. He's not going to miss the money, so it's all good to me.

I <3 Rubber Soul

True, but he's still an idoit.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:43 PM   #39
Galaxy
Coordinator

Let the battle start:

http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/nationa...e-lawyers.html
Old 03-17-2008, 02:14 PM   #40
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../nmacca917.xml

Quote:
Lady McCartney sought nearly £125 million from their four year marriage but was awarded £24.3 million in one of the highest profile cases in decades.

Heather Mills gives the thumbs up outside the High Court in central London

While Sir Paul, 65, left the High Court with a smile and no comment, his former wife launched an 11-minute tirade against the British judicial system in front of scores of journalists and the television cameras.

Lady McCartney, 40, who represented herself, said the couple's daughter Beatrice, four, was now "meant to travel 'B' class while her father travels 'A' class".

She gets $48.6 million bucks in the end. Not bad for four years of marriage.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #41
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Then she went on an 11-minute rant after it was over, as if the media hadn't heard enough from her, probably trying to play it off as if she's not a golddigger.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:26 PM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../nmacca917.xml

She gets $48.6 million bucks in the end. Not bad for four years of marriage.

48 million should be enough for them to travel "A" class.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #43
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Excuse my french but fuck that bitch and bitches like her. She didn't earn a dime of that money yet felt entitled because she was sucking his dick.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #44
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'd hang out with Paul for 4 years for that kind of money.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #45
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Excuse my french but fuck that bitch and bitches like her. She didn't earn a dime of that money yet felt entitled because she was sucking his dick.

you'd want that much too if you sucked him
Old 03-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #46
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
you'd want that much too if you sucked him

A message from pumpy

Old 03-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #47
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
A message from pumpy

you can't fool me. that guy looks nothing like patrick ewing.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #48
molson
General Manager

Quote:

She married well.

Nothing new here (except that it's easier to get divorced these days).

Marriage is union, including a financial union. If you don't want that, don't get married. This ain't rocket science.

Last edited by molson : 03-17-2008 at 03:18 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote