Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #351
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

No, but there are preseason games in later seasons.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #352
wade moore
lolzcat

Ok, this is really starting to make me mad..

I'm trying to use the whole play diagram thing..

But no matter what I don't seem to be able to get to the exact right spot to get the play called and have the lines show up until there's 14ish seconds left on the shot clock.

This totally kills my ability to get in the flow of the offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:43 PM   #353
fflix
Mascot

I've noticed it too with the plays. I think the problem is that it waits for everyone to be in the right position, before showing the circle, which can take a few seconds, especially if there is a slow big man running down the court.
fflix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:45 PM   #354
wade moore
lolzcat

The annoying thing is the CPU team has no problems getting into their plays.

I'm trying not to get mad at this game as this is the same as NCAA in the past.. it's VERY frustrating until you get into the swing.. but it's one of those where your team (guys you aren't controlling) seem to totally underperform compared to the CPU..

It's just very disheartening right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:56 AM   #355
korme
Go Reds

Dude, I usually always give the CPU a competitive advantage by unloading my star players with young role players that I try to develop into stars, essentially leaving me with the worst roster rating in the league.

But that's a terrible idea in NBA2k8. I was regularly getting smoked before I gave up and started over. It's a good thing, but it's also frustrating not to be so dominant (heh)!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:41 PM   #356
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I experiencing a bit of learning curve frustration as well. I have been watching the videos and reading the threads on Operation Sports. I have gotten better, but it is taking me a while.

The whole play thing that wade moore mentioned earlier is frustrating to me as well. I will call the play. Why do you have to get right on the spot for the play to execute? It seems once I get the play running, I have about 7 seconds to get off a shot.

I also have problems decided which plays to pick. I will watch them in the playbook and really have no clue what is going on. I wish I could slow the diagram screen down a bit.

I also never really use the isomotion moves or the low post moves either. I am practice them in practice mode. But it seems I am so rushed to get off a shot that I can not ever use that stuff.

My defense also needs work. I play just as the point guard and have trouble defending even average point guards.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:39 PM   #357
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Is there anywhere to get help for this game? It is hard. I have a few problems. In the post I dont know how to different moves and the ones that I can get to work aren't very good. Also for layups and dunking, basically when Im driving or even on a breakaway it is hard to get the guy to dunk or layup, usually he settles for a pull up jumper. It makes me miss alot of shots and have more blocked. How can I get the player to do a more forceful move? or even to lay it up to another side. I wish it had more help on the practice part.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:51 PM   #358
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Is there anywhere to get help for this game? It is hard. I have a few problems. In the post I dont know how to different moves and the ones that I can get to work aren't very good. Also for layups and dunking, basically when Im driving or even on a breakaway it is hard to get the guy to dunk or layup, usually he settles for a pull up jumper. It makes me miss alot of shots and have more blocked. How can I get the player to do a more forceful move? or even to lay it up to another side. I wish it had more help on the practice part.

I'm not much help on the post moves, but with the layups/dunks, make sure you are holding down the 'turbo' button (R2, IIRC).

As for layups, you just need to remember that the shot stock is directional. For example, if you are driving to the basket and it's on the right side of the screen, if you pull 'back' (ie. left) away from the basket on the shot stick, your guy will do a floater ala Tony Parker. If you press straight ahead (ie. right) he will try and draw contact. If you press diagonal up to the left side, he will attempt to lay it in off the left side of the backboard, and if you press diagonal down towards the right he will attempt to lay it in off the right side.

If you play with a camera that has the basket towards the top of the screen, up becomes draw contact, down becomes floater, etc.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:00 AM   #359
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I have a question for my dynasty. I have a feeling trades are unfair in this game but maybe im off so ill ask here. I am basically getting Chris bosh and Andrea Bargnani for Al Jefferson, Kwame Brown, Vladamir Radmanovic. Oh and I think I could get them to give me a first rounder too..Thoughts?
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #360
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
I have a question for my dynasty. I have a feeling trades are unfair in this game but maybe im off so ill ask here. I am basically getting Chris bosh and Andrea Bargnani for Al Jefferson, Kwame Brown, Vladamir Radmanovic. Oh and I think I could get them to give me a first rounder too..Thoughts?

I think the trade A.I. is better in this game then most. However, I don't think teams evaluate where they are (rebuilding or trying to be a contender) when making trades. It also seems to be a bit to easy to get a solid young player (like Bargnani) in trades.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote