Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-14-2007, 06:10 PM   #1
MJ4H
Coordinator

The thread for infuriated gamers

Post in this thread when a game pisses you off.

DEAR METROID MOTHERFUCKING PRIME 3

Why did you put the hardest boss of the whole game 10% of the way through? This MOGENAR asshole is annoying as hell. First of all, he has 4 red orbs, 3 in the front and 1 in the back, that must be destroyed. These orbs are randomly available for attack for about 1.2 seconds at a time, separated by unavailability periods of about 1-2 hours. They also randomly switch places so after you take 1.2 seconds to locate the orb you've been pelting, it closes and you can't shoot at it again.

Of course you are doing this all while dodging his wave attacks and other weird shit. Also, if you let your guard down for a second, he will grab orbs from the walls and you have to START ALL OVER.

Not to mention that the only real way to destroy the orbs is to go into hypermode which will effectively reduce your health by an entire energy tank. Screw that up one time and see where you're at.

I have had this game since August and I am STILL stuck on this guy.

MJ4H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

I had much more trouble with the ice boss than this guy. Hitting his back orb is pretty hard, but not impossible. The key is to just take your time and dodge his attacks. When he goes to get more orbs you MUST destroy them before they reach him (you should have plenty of time, I don't think he ever got one new orb after I started watching for it). Also, you get health power-ups every time you destroy one of those orbs. It may take awhile to take him down, but be patient.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:58 PM   #3
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I shamefully admit that I needed to watch a YouTube video to show me how to beat this boss. Once you know the general pattern it's still time-consuming but you never really come close to dying.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #4
korme
Go Reds

Just reinstalled OOTP2007 started a fic. historical league and quit after quicksimming a few seasons because 2-3 rookies have came in each year that bat .450-.500 and i dont know why the shitfuck why
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:20 AM   #5
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I just died fifteen consecutive times on Luigi's Purple Coins, time to build up a stockpile of extra lives and get back at it. I've come pretty damn close too, it's just so hard near the end when there aren't many places to land a jump.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:38 AM   #6
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

if you mean infuriated, do you mean like this guy?

oh NSFW (language)
hxxp://youtube.com/watch?v=I4iBGRq_NBo

Last edited by k0ruptr : 12-16-2007 at 12:38 AM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote