Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #501
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
You Pats fans sure do have a complex, don't you?

Yes.

Yes is the correct answer.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #502
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Yes.

Yes is the correct answer.

They've brought up amusing lawsuits that have been filed - you're the one starting this angle yet again.

If they were saying, OMG a lawsuit - we're going to lose our franchise!!! I might see your point.

Last edited by molson : 10-04-2007 at 10:22 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #503
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
You Pats haters sure don't have a sense of humor, do you?

I they they have a complex too (of inferiority).

I didn't always think that, but why do they have to come out of the woodwork EVERY SINGLE TIME the Pats are discussed on this board, in ANY context. It's the same 5 people, the same tired angle, every single time.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:19 PM   #504
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
You Pats haters sure don't have a sense of humor, do you?

No.

No is the correct answer.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:15 AM   #505
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo..._battle-1.html

Spy for a spy: Jets started video battle

Quote:
BY RICH CIMINI
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Wednesday, December 12th 2007, 4:00 AM

The Jets-Patriots spy games became a national story in September, when the Patriots were busted for illegally videotaping Jets coaches from the sideline at the Meadowlands. Unbeknownst to the public, the two teams engaged in video warfare throughout the 2006 season.

At a game in Foxborough, a Jets employee was caught videotaping from the end-zone stands, according to a league source. The camera wasn't confiscated and the incident wasn't reported to the league, but Patriots officials were miffed. Just recently, a team official mentioned the incident in a conversation about this Sunday's Jets-Patriots game.

"(There's) absolutely no truth to that whatsoever," Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum told the Daily News in September, responding when the story was first reported by Foxsports.com. "Completely false."

The Jets claim they received approval from the Patriots to film at that location.

Before the Foxborough incident, the Jets sniffed out a Patriots spy at the September, 2006 game at the Meadowlands, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. At the time, the Jets didn't report it because they were unable to confiscate the camera or the tape.

"They caught the guy a year ago, but couldn't do anything about it," the person told the Daily News in the aftermath of the Spy-Gate scandal in September. "When Eric (Mangini) came, he said that's what they used to do" in New England.

Mangini is a former Patriots assistant who worked under current New England coach Bill Belichick.

There are specific rules that restrict videotaping at games. According to one, no video recording devices are permitted in the coaches' booth, the sideline or the locker room. Based on that rule, the Jets didn't do anything illegal last year at Gillette Stadium.

However, another part of the rule states that videotaping for coaching purposes must be done from locations "enclosed from all sides with a roof overhead."

Ultimately, the Patriots were caught on opening day by Jets security, taping the Jets' defensive coaches giving signals. The camera and the tape were confiscated by league security, and the NFL delivered harsh punishment. Belichick was fined $500,000, and the Patriots were docked a 2008 first-round pick and $250,000.

"It's no big deal," former Cowboys and Dolphins coach Jimmy Johnson told the Daily News yesterday. "Everybody made too much out of it when it happened. This stuff has been going on for 20 years. I did it, too."
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:19 AM   #506
Logan
Head Coach

I've been waiting for this to be posted...all that matters is when did all these incidents take place? Before or after the memo from the league went out saying that this wasn't to be done anymore? So far all we know is that the Pats did it after said memo was received.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #507
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm shocked--SHOCKED--that Jimmy Johnson cheated.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #508
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Someone should tell Rich Cimini how to spell Foxboro.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:27 AM   #509
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I'm shocked--SHOCKED--that Jimmy Johnson cheated.

I'm sure he never cheated when he was at Da U
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:27 AM   #510
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Mangini is on the edge of becoming Kotite-like to me. Another horrible year and he is going down in flames. He could probably turn it around over time though where Kotite could have had all the time in the world and wouldn't have done anything.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:32 AM   #511
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

That's how you actually spell the name of the town. Trust me, our high schools are in the same league.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:35 AM   #512
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Dola: Oh, BTW, after seeing the Jets performance from last year compared to this year, I am now prepared to admit that at least in some cases, spying other teams apparently DID help them. (I'm referring to the Jets, of course). Of course, that's just my anti-New York bias flaring up )

And yes, before the usual chorus steps up.. it was still very idiotic for the Pats to do this, in the first game after being expressly warned NOT to do it.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:38 AM   #513
Synovia
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Mangini is on the edge of becoming Kotite-like to me. Another horrible year and he is going down in flames. He could probably turn it around over time though where Kotite could have had all the time in the world and wouldn't have done anything.

I don't know about Mangini ever being able to turn it around. he got lucky last year and took a mediocre team with a weak schedule to the playoffs (and got lucky Pennington was healthy). This year, the team is worse, and it has regressed signficantly in the area he is in charge of, the defense. He seems like Mora to me: Trying to jam a square peg in a round hole. He's got 4-3 personell. Playing a 3-4 with those guys is nuts.

Look at Belichick: NE played 4-3 in 99,2000,2001 switched to 3-4 in 2002-06, and is now playing a hybrid this year, predominately 4-3 because of the emergence of Jarvis Green and the injury to Rosey Colvin.
Synovia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #514
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
That's how you actually spell the name of the town. Trust me, our high schools are in the same league.

and I thought the same thing:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Foxbor...i=map&ct=title

Gilette stadium can be seen a bit north of where the label appears...

FM
Old 12-12-2007, 11:13 AM   #515
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

http://www.townfoxborough.us/
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #516
Passacaglia
Coordinator

whoops
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:27 AM   #517
Synovia
High School Varsity

My parents live about 4 miles from Gillette.

Its spelled Foxboro and Foxborough pretty much interchangibly.
Synovia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:31 AM   #518
Anthony
Banned

i thought it was spelled Foxwhoreallycaresaboutthathorriblecity
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote