Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-11-2007, 05:23 PM   #251
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I hate New England so much... definitely pulling for a Houston repeat, especially since I'd like to see them in the Champions Cup again.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:20 AM   #252
MrBug708
Head Coach

So uh, Ruud Gullit is now the head coach of the Galaxy? Is this good?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:15 AM   #253
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

as long as Lalas is the GM, nothing is good
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:28 AM   #254
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
It should be good for Gullit's bank balance.
Aside from that, in the Netherlands he's regarded as having the biggest difference in ability to play soccer and to coach in soccer. The one thing that'll be a guarantee is goals-loaded games. And there is the big-name factor, forget Matthaus, forget Stoitchkov, forget Beckham, Ruud Gullit just became the biggest soccer name attached to the MLS. At the very least, it'll increase the image of the MLS in the soccer world as being a playable league.

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 11-12-2007 at 08:30 AM.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #255
MrBug708
Head Coach

The Galaxy have bigger problems then coaching and that is what are they going to do with Donovan? He's on the last year of his contract and they can't resign him. He'll probably end back up at Europe
Old 11-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #256
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

And unless the Galaxy get another DP slot, they have to get rid of Donovan or Beckham (yeah right)

So all the other teams know that they have LA over a barrel trade-wise (a suggestion that teams get a "free" 2nd DP Slot each probably won't fly, there's enough teams who haven't even used one DP Slot yet to shoot it down.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #257
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
And unless the Galaxy get another DP slot, they have to get rid of Donovan or Beckham (yeah right)

So all the other teams know that they have LA over a barrel trade-wise (a suggestion that teams get a "free" 2nd DP Slot each probably won't fly, there's enough teams who haven't even used one DP Slot yet to shoot it down.

I thought you could trade your DP slot to another team?
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:14 PM   #258
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

Chances are someone will trade for him or they let him walk and free up the cap room.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #259
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:

If teams can control how long they're trading the DP slot for, I think it would be relatively easy to find a team who would basically "rent" LA a spot for a year for some reasonable return. I can't imagine Toronto or San Jose are looking to bring in a big-money player in 2008.

I believe NY acquired Chivas' spot for 5 years, which is why I even rasie the thought that the duration can be fixed in the deal...

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 11-12-2007 at 07:54 PM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:12 PM   #260
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I've been seeing speculation about Donovan going back to San Jose.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #261
MrBug708
Head Coach

Donovan was upset that Yallop wasn't retained so it seems likely. Maybe for a second round pick?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:51 PM   #262
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

He's worth a heck of a lot more than that, but OTOH, LA's in a tough position because there aren't many teams that can afford him.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote