Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-19-2003, 06:35 PM   #101
Kodos
Resident Alien

Talking

Awww, there's nothing wrong with a little harmless stun-rod fun!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 06:36 PM   #102
Kodos
Resident Alien

To: Bill Gates & Kodos
Subject: Dallas Cowboys

Injury Report:

Roosevelt Murray, QB - Out (torn thumb ligament)
Dale Corbett, WR - Questionable
Ethan Thornhill, T - Questionable
Eric Blades, LB - Questionable
Michael Robertson, G - Questionable
Rico Weaver, FB - Doubtful
Everett Weiner, WR - Out
Leo McCullar, FB - Questionable

Offensive Overview:

The Cowboys will be without the services of regular starting QB Roosevelt Murray, and will go with Tracy Mazurek instead at QB.

Starting Quarterback: Tracy Mazurek
86 for 141, 911 yards, 6 TDs, 5 interceptions this season.
Excellent at throwing short passes.

Starting Running Back: Lester Reynolds
294 carries for 1211 yards, 8 touchdowns this season.
Excellent overall runner.

Starting Flanker: Gino Burroughs
53 receptions for 640 yards, 2 touchdowns this season.
Excellent hands.

Starting Split End: Dale Corbett
60 receptions for 729 yards, 3 touchdowns this season.
Very good third down receiver.

Defensive Overview:

Starting Left Defensive End: Herb Page

30 tackles, 9 assists, 3.5 sacks this season.
Good pass-rusher.

Starting Right Defensive End: Marlon Linquist
36 tackles, 13 assists, 5.0 sacks this season.
Very good defender against the run.

Starting Left Defensive Tackle: Sean Ross
34 tackles, 22 assists, 8.0 sacks this season.
Very good pass-rusher.

Starting Right Defensive Tackle: Cory Mallory*
29 tackles, 11 assists, 3.0 sacks this season.
Fair pass-rusher.

Starting Weak-Side Linebacker: Eric Blades
21 tackles, 6 assists, 2.5 sacks this season.
Excellent defender against the run.

Starting Middle Linebacker: Randal Caldwell
91 tackles, 42 assists, 2.0 sacks this season.
Very good zone pass defender.

Starting Strong-Side Linebacker: Timothy Meadows*
57 tackles, 19 assists, 2.0 sacks this season.
Good defender against the run.

Starting Weak-Side Cornerback: Joel Flannery
44 tackles, 12 assists, 3 interceptions this season.
Very good zone pass defender.

Starting Strong-Side Cornerback: Jerome McCarthy
44 tackles, 6 assists, 6 interceptions this season.
Excellent pass intercepter.

Starting Free Safety: Greg Drayson
90 tackles, 29 assists, 4 interceptions this season.
Excellent man-to-man pass defender.

Starting Strong Safety: Shawn Treadway
86 tackles, 27 assists, 3 interceptions this season.
Very good pass intercepter.

* former Silicon Pirates / current treasonous bastards
Old 06-19-2003, 06:36 PM   #103
Kodos
Resident Alien

Injury Report:

The good news is that starting RB Herb Matthews and backup RB Tommy Douglas should be good to go on Sunday. WR Ty Robbins will also play despite his hip injury.

Rusty Pleasant, G - Sprained Back, full strength in 2015
Jonathan Farmer, C - Torn Thumb Ligament, full strength in 0-2 Weeks
Edgar Justus, CB - Dislocated Knee, full strength in 2015
Ty Robbins, WR - Hip Pointer, full strength in 0-2 Weeks
Herb Matthews, RB - Pulled Groin, full strength in 0-2 Weeks
Paul Everett, DT - Broken Foot, full strength in 2015
Kyle McAfee, T - Dislocated Knee, full strength in 0-2 Weeks
Old 06-19-2003, 06:37 PM   #104
Kodos
Resident Alien

Talking

2014 NFC Championship Pre-Game Conference:

We join the conference already in progress...

Jerry Jones: ...as I was saying, Bibi, we beat the Pirates at Gatesville back in Week 2, and I see no reason to think that we won't do the same thing this Sunday.

Bibi Gunn: But Jerry, isn't that a pretty strong statement considering that your starting QB, Roosevelt Murray, won't even be playing due to his torn thumb ligament?

Jerry Jones: Yes, yes, I know Bibi. Now I realize that women don't understand sports - I get that - but Tracy Mazurek is more than capable of winning this game for us. No offense to Roosevelt, but Tracy is a special player, akin to a Ryan Leaf or maybe a Quincy Carter, and I believe he will be able to step right in and get the job done against the depleted Pirates secondary.

Bill Gates: Depleted? Sure, starting right cornerman Edward Justice won't be playing, but Ned Ferguson will do just fine with a little extra support from middle safety Dave Sanderson. And forgive me for saying this, but Tracy Mazurek doesn't exactly strike fear our hearts! The Cowboys will be lucky to score at all! The guy's name is "Tracy," for God's sake! That's a girl's name! How could he possibly be a good quarterbacker? And let's face it: You and your Cowboys couldn't beat us tomorrow even if you still had Roger Starbucks at quarterback.

Jerry Jones: Good god, man! You think that you can actually hold us scoreless? Folks - this is ridiculous. I know that Bill Gates isn't a real football guy like I am, but surely even he can see that we are going to beat them. Heck, we beat a Tampa Bay team that is far superior to Gatesville just last weekend.

Bill Gates: Not a "football guy?!?" Look people, yes it's true that I may not have been on a college football team, or a high school team, or a junior var city team... or even a Pee-Wee Herman team, but may I remind you that my company, Microsoft, has been responsible for many excellent football simulations on the computer and on the X-Box 1, 2, and 3, as well as the soon-to-arrive X-Box 4. So for him to stand there and say that I am not a "football guy" is just ludicrous. Next he'll be claiming that I stole all of my good computer ideas from Apple!

Jerry Jones: Give it a rest, why dont'cha, Bill! Why don't you just admit right now that you wouldn't know football if I crammed one up your money-grubbin' ass!

Bill Gates: Not true! Not true! Bill knows football!

Bibi Gunn: Guys, guys! It's not often that I have to be the voice of reason, but please, please calm down!

Bill Gates: Sorry, Bibi, but he started it!

Jerry Jones: I did NOT!!! That jackass started it 15 years ago when we wouldn't take no for an answer!

Bill Gates: Jackass?!? I'm not the one who turned down a billion dollars for a team that wasn't worth half that much, folks!

Jerry Jones: No means NO!!!!

============================================

We must now interrupt this news conference so that we may bring you our featured film, "Heidi," in its entirety...
Old 06-19-2003, 06:37 PM   #105
Kodos
Resident Alien

Angry

Bill Gates: Master Of Motivation

Right before the team was ready to head out onto the field, Billy Boy decided to make a surprise appearance to rally the troops.

"Hey guys, I just wanted to come down here and offer you a few words of encouragement. I think that you've come together nicely since that late-season slide. But all that you have accomplished so far this season, last season, or ever, for that matter, will mean nothing if you lose to the Cowboys today. Do you understand what I'm saying here? It will all mean nothing."

"Uhh, Bill, I think the guys understand how big this game is already. You don't have to talk to them like they were little boys."

"Sure, Kodos. You're absolutely right. I apologize, boys, and everything will be fine just as long as you beat the Cowboys today. Losing is not an option."

"I'm just curious, Bill. Is this how you speak to your employees over at Microsoft too?"

"As a matter of fact, no, it isn't, Kodos. Of course, I'm not on the verge of firing any of them. Anyhow, go get 'em, boys. No holds barred."

After Bill had made his exit, Berg and many of the guys came up to me. "Man! What an asshole! Is he always like that?"

"Pretty much, yeah," I told them. "This whole thing with Jerry Jones has him really strung out most of the time..."

"Why do you put up with it? I'm sure lots of other teams would love to have you, Kodos."

"I know, I know. You're probably right, Berg. But at the end of the day, it comes down to two things: First, I've spent too long building this team to let it go just when it has come into its own, and, second, I can't stand the Cowboys any more than Bill can, and, like it or not, this team gives me the best opportunity to strike at them."

Berg's last words before heading out of the locker room were these: "Boss, when we win this game tonight, I just want you to know one thing. We will have won it for you, not for him."

"Thanks, son. It means a lot to me. Let's just forget all about this crap for now. We've got ourselves some Cowboys to skin!!!"
Old 06-19-2003, 06:37 PM   #106
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Kodos, I have wasted the day away reading up to this point. This is an excellent dynasty and I can't wait to find out if the challange was a success.
Nyarlahotep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 06:38 PM   #107
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow

2014 Playoffs: NFC Championship Game

Dallas (11-7) at Gatesville (14-4)
==================================

Attendance:
48,200 fans were treated to another Gatesville home game, which had been totally unexpected after our victory over St. Louis in the Wild Card Round two weeks earlier.

The Game:

After a week of off-the-field shenanigans, the actual game was finally at hand, much to the relief of the players and myself. The Cowboys won the toss and chose to receive.

Showing little confidence in Tracy Mazurek, the Cowboys started by handing the ball off on first and second down, gaining 8 yards in the process. On third-and-2, Mazurek hit wide receiver Deon Knox for 6 yards and the first down. A defensive holding call quickly tacked on another 15 yards. Next, Lester Reynolds got the call again, and picked up 9 yards running off of the right guard. Looking to slow their momentum, Joey Rhoades came up with a big sack on second down to set up third-and-7. Mazurek responded by hitting the flanker Gino Burroughs for 9 yards and another first down. Following two incompletions, Mazurek was only able to gain 6 yards on third down, bringing up fourth-and-4 from our 40. From the press box, Jerry Jones told the Cowboy offense to go for it, but Mazurek's pass to Dale Corbett was broken up by linebacker Allen Whitfield, and we had our first possession of the ball!

Berg immediately picked up a first down with two 6-yard scrambles, and Levon Wallace added 3 yards on the ground on our third straight running play. Having established the run, Berg went to the air and found Ralph Randle for 9-yards and a first down. Another Bergeron scramble and a 14-yard completion to Randle moved us to the Dallas 17. A pass that was batted down at the line, a run that was stuffed at the line of scrimmage, and an 8-yard sack of Bergeron gave us fourth-and-18 from the 25. Worse, Chuck Farley had to leave the game with an injury sustained on the failed run play. Still, Broderick Hidalgo's 42-yard field goal put us on top, 3-0.

Following a Cowboy three-and-out, we took over late in the quarter from our own 35. A 22-yard gain by Earl Thornton and a 9-yard Randle pickup quickly moved us into Cowboy territory. However, a clipping penalty soon set the offense back, and we ended up settling for another Hidalgo field goal, this time from 51 yards out. 6-0, Pirates.

Thanks to an unnecessary roughness call on the offense, the Cowboys were forced into another three-and-out, despite completions of 8 yards to WR Peter Duvall and 5 yards to Dale Corbett.

We took over from our 37, and I was as shocked as anybody when I watched third-string RB Everett Schwarz race around the left end and turn it upfield for a 63-yard touchdown! Trying to move the margin to 14, Berg was unable to find Thornton on the 2-point conversion attempt, and the score stayed at 12-0.

The Cowboys came up 3 yards short of a first down, and had to kick it away again after another three-and-out. Mazurek, despite Jerry Jones' earlier assertions, had not been able to get it done so far.

Following an incompletion on first down, Everett Schwarz ran for gains of 15 and 17 yards on our next two plays to move the ball to the Cowboy 40. Next, a Berg draw and a completion to Earl Thornton kept the chains moving. Two incompletions brought up third-and-10, but Berg converted with a 16-yard strike to Ty Robbins. One play later, Berg hit Herb Matthews out of the backfield for a 4-yard touchdown. Incredibly, Hidalgo's conversion attempt sailed right, and the score remained 18-0.

After a touchback on the kickoff, the Cowboys, appearing to have given up on passing the ball, started trying to move it on the ground. It worked on first and second down, as they gained 5 and 3 yards, but defensive end Peter Hickman stopped Lester Reynolds for a 3-yard loss on third down, and on came the punting unit.

Sean Kaplan's 13-yard return set us up at our 49 with just over 2 minutes left, but backup guard Rob Stanton allowed a sack, and Berg lost the ball. Defensive tackle Britt Andersen recovered it on our 44 to give the Cowboys' offense great field position.

Mazurek went to the air immediately, completing passes of 16 and 15 yards to move the ball to our 13. Following an incompletion, Mazurek found Corbett alone in the back of the end zone, and our 18-point lead had shrunk to 11.

With 1:20 left to go in the half, Berg hit Randle on consecutive plays for 10 and 35 yard gains to move the ball to the Cowboy 35 to set up a 49-yard Hidalgo field goal attempt that missed wide right with 5 seconds to go.

With time for just one play left before the half, Mazurek flung a long pass to Corbett for a 43-yard gain that meant nothing.

Berg and the offense took the field in the second half looking to make a statement. On first down, Schwarz went around the left end for 23 yards, which Berg followed up with a 19-yard strike to Ralph Randle. James Pond sprung Schwarz for another 23-yard gain on the next play, and Berg hit Earl Thornton for 13 yards to finish a 4-play, 78-yard touchdown drive and put us up 25-7.

Following a 10-yard Reynolds run on first down, the defense stiffened, and a 12-yard sack by Joey Rhoades signaled it was time for the Cowboys to punt once again.

Our next drive, while not as impressive as our previous drive, did finish with a 26-yard chip-shot field goal that extended our lead to 28-7 with 5 minutes left in the third quarter.

Cowboy safety Gus Bleeck muffed the catch on the ensuing kick, but WR Oliver Carnahan was able to recover it to keep the ball for the Cowboys. It didn't matter much, as the Cowboys' offense was totally ineffective (as they had been for most of the day), and another punt was shortly forthcoming.

Each of the teams' next drives went three-and-out, but a Schwarz fumble that was forced out by former Pirate Timothy Meadows gave the Cowboys the ball on our 35 late in the quarter after Dallas cornerback Damon Tanner recovered it.

Trailing 28-7 at the beginning of the fourth quarter, Mazurek hit Corbett for a 26-yard gain, but the Cowboys ended up settling for a 20-yard field goal after their offense stalled at our 3. Still, we led 28-10 with less than a quarter to go.

We fed the ball to Schwarz for a 5-yard gain on first down, which he followed up with an 18-yard gain off the left side of the line. Two incompletions and a short gain on third down forced us to punt, but Cowboy cornerback Joel Flannery's fumble after a nice 35-yard return was recovered by Levon Wallace to give us the ball back with a fresh set of downs on our own 49. A quick 21-yarder to Ty Robbins moved us into scoring territory, and two plays later Berg hit Earl Thornton across the middle for a 29-yard touchdown. It was now 35-10, Gatesville, and the fans were beginning to celebrate. Bill and I, with our differences temporarily forgotten, were celebrating too.

The Cowboys managed one first down on a couple of runs, but were forced to punt it away again after defensive end Peter Hickman nailed Lester Reynolds for a 2-yard loss on third-and-1.

Gene Abney's punt pinned us at our 2, so we kept to the ground the next few plays. Alas, we were not able to pick up a first down. However, the Cowboys only moved backward with their next possession, and the ball was soon ours once again with just 4:56 to go.

Looking to eat up what remained of the clock, we started feeding Schwarz the ball. He followed a 33-yard gain on first down with a 3-yard loss. A false start before second down backed us up 5 more yards, and Schwarz managed just 2 yards on his next carry. Facing third-and-16, we handed the ball to Schwarz once again, and he picked up the first down with a pretty 22-yard run behind the blocking of Terrance Read. Schwarz was sent to the sidelines for a breather, so Tommy Douglas came in and promptly tore off another 14-yard gain around the right end of the line. Clearly, the Cowboys' defense had been worn down. The drive continued with Schwarz and Douglas alternating carries, until Douglas ran for a 2-yard touchdown just before the 2 minute warning to make it 42-10, Pirates. That night, ESPN and the networks played and replayed footage of a red-faced Jerry Jones winging his playbook against the wall, and with good reason: It was probably the best throw by a Cowboy all day...

The Cowboys offense got a couple more first downs before time ran out on them, but it really didn't mean anything. A 42-10 thrashing had sent them reeling into the offseason like Darth Vader at the end of Star Wars. Sure, they might be back some day, but on this day, we had just plain crushed them. When all was said and done, we had held the Cowboys to just 66 rushing yards and 173 passing yards on the day, while gaining 297 rushing yards and 247 passing yards ourselves. If you were to ask me, I'd say that's an ass-kicking, yes.

Key Performers:

Maybe Billy Boy's little speech fired third-string RB Everett Schwarz up, because "the Schwarz" was definitely with him as he ran all over the Cowboys defense for a playoff record 234 yards on 20 carries today. He also got 1 touchdown and coughed the ball up once, but I think we'll be willing to forgive him for that. Obviously, Schwarz was the Game MVP and the Offensive Player of the Week. Wow!

Berg completed 20 of 30 passes for 266 yards, 3 TDs, and no interceptions. His one fumble did set up the Cowboys' only touchdown of the day though.

Earl Thornton had a super day, as he caught 7 passes for 106 yards and 2 TDs.

Ralph Randle also broke the century mark with 106 receiving yards on 8 catches.

Joey Rhoades recorded 2 tackles and made 2 big sacks.

Linebacker Butch Johnston had himself a good game with 10 tackles and 1 assist.

============================================
AFC Championship Game:

The Jets defeated the Steelers decisively to set up a rematch between last year's Super Bowl contestants. Who knows - maybe the Jets will be able to get their payback against us next Sunday, but until morning comes tomorrow, we Gatesvillains are gonna revel in this landmark victory. What a great day for Gatesville fans around the country!

New York (12-5) 24
Pittsburgh (14-3) 7
Old 06-19-2003, 06:39 PM   #108
Kodos
Resident Alien

Originally posted by SplitPersonality1:

Go Pirates! Congrats Colonel Kodos on your huge victory against Jerry and the Boys.

As a longtime season ticket holder, do you think Bill can get me one of those X-Box 4's. I can't wait to play Madden 2015.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:39 PM   #109
Kodos
Resident Alien

Originally posted by sterlingice:

'grats on the victory, Kodos.

SI
Old 06-19-2003, 06:40 PM   #110
Kodos
Resident Alien

Wink

Thanks, though I think Bill would prefer that you play NFL Fever 2015.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:40 PM   #111
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Fonzie:

Congratulations Kodos! A glorious win like this over the hated Cowboys almost makes the Super Bowl anticlimactic.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:41 PM   #112
Kodos
Resident Alien

Originally posted by jfbbis:

Congrats, Kodos! Never tried to find a job writing about real games : you're far better than the guys at Cbs Sportsline !
Old 06-19-2003, 06:41 PM   #113
Kodos
Resident Alien

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Yahoo!

Bury 'em deep in that Texas soil! Deep, I say, deep down, so that they never rise again.

Fargo Cowboys has a wonderful ring to it. Fairbanks Cowboys would also work. Or maybe even Jakarta Cowboys.

Congrats! Great write-up too!
Old 06-19-2003, 06:42 PM   #114
Kodos
Resident Alien

Talking

Thanks, guys!

Hey GB: Maybe if we bury them deep enough, perhaps some day their rotting corpses could turn into oil and become useful once again, much like their dinosaur predecessors from so long ago.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:42 PM   #115
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow

The 2014 Super Bowl

New York Jets (13-5) at Gatesville (15-4)
=============================================

Attendance:

The Game:

The Jets came into Gatesville looking to exact some revenge for the 34-7 thrashing that we handed them a year ago in the 2013 Super Bowl, not to mention the 34-21 defeat from Week 1 of this season.

To quote The Rolling Stones: "You can't always get what you want." On the Jets' third play from scrimmage, backup safety Ernest Conner picked off Chad Pennington's first pass of the day and returned it 28-yards for a touchdown. From there, it only got worse for the Jets. In a game that was never close, we took a 21-7 lead in the first quarter and never looked back. Berg had the hot hand and ate their secondary alive with 4 touchdown passes on the day. Sean Kaplan had yet another punt return for a touchdown. Everett Schwarz averaged around 8 yards a pop as he ran for 113 yards. Ralph Randle caught 2 touchdowns. Chuck Farley caught one, as did Earl Thornton. It was all too much for the Jets, who struggled on offense all day, and at the end of the day, we had thoroughly humiliated them by the score of 52-13.

I'd like to think that somewhere over in Dallas, Jerry Jones was watching the game and screaming himself hoarse at what his TV was showing him. Cuz that would just be too beautiful...

Key Performers:

There were no picks in the end zone for Berg today, as he captured his second straight Super Bowl MVP award by completing 19 of 26 passes for 264 yards, and 4 TDs.

Everett Schwarz had a solid performance with 14 carries for 113 yards.

Chuck Farley caught 5 passes for 59 yards and a TD that put us up 28-7 early in the second quarter.

Ralph Randle completed a terrific season by catching 4 balls for 67 yards and 2 TDs.

Earl Thornton finished with 4 catches for 53 yards and 1 score.

Sean Kaplan had 3 returns for 70 yards and 1 TD.

Allen Whitfield made 8 tackles and had 2 assists.

Peter Hickman made 5 tackles and 1.5 sacks.

Ernest Conner had 1 tackle, 1 assist, and 1 touchdown off of 1 interception.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:43 PM   #116
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow

The Super Bowl Winners: 2000-2014

Here is a brief look at how the first 15 Super Bowls of the Bill Gates era have gone. NFC teams have won 11 out of the last 15 Super Bowls. Washington and Gatesville are the only teams to have won the Super Bowl in consecutive seasons. No team has gone undefeated so far, but three teams have gone 17-2 (Arizona, Gatesville, and Washington), with each of those teams claiming victory in the that season's Super Bowl. Gatesville scored the most points in a single Super Bowl (52), while Pittsburgh and Indianapolis have each gotten shut out once.

Green Bay (14-6) 19
Baltimore (13-6) 14

Arizona (12-7) 18
New England (14-5) 42

Indianapolis (14-5) 20
Green Bay (14-5) 17

Washington (16-4) 27
Oakland (13-6) 24

Miami (12-7) 13
Washington (17-2) 48

Wichita (12-7) 14
New Orleans (16-3) 19

St. Louis (14-5) 34
Pittsburgh (13-6) 18

Indianapolis (13-6) 0
Green Bay (16-3) 23

Pittsburgh (12-8) 0
San Francisco (15-4) 33

Buffalo (15-4) 38
Chicago (15-4) 13

Green Bay (13-5-1) 14
Pittsburgh (15-4) 38

Cincinnati (12-6-1) 17
Arizona (17-2) 30

Gatesville (13-6) 12
Cincinnati (14-5) 20

New York Jets (14-5) 7
Gatesville (17-2) 34

New York Jets (13-5) 13
Gatesville (15-4) 52
Old 06-19-2003, 06:43 PM   #117
Kodos
Resident Alien

Super Bowl Win-Loss Records

Here is how every team that has made it to the Big Game has fared up until now. Green Bay has the most appearances (4), but has lost as many Bowls as they have won (2). Three teams (Green Bay, Gatesville, and Washington) have each won 2 Super Bowls, while the Jets are the only team to have lost twice without winning at least once.

# Won Lost W/L%
Green Bay 4 2 2 .500
*Gatesville 3 2 1 .667
Pittsburgh 3 1 2 .333
Washington 2 2 0 1.000
Arizona 2 1 1 .500
Cincinnati 2 1 1 .500
Indianapolis 2 1 1 .500
New York 2 0 2 .000
Buffalo 1 1 0 1.000
New England 1 1 0 1.000
New Orleans 1 1 0 1.000
San Francisco 1 1 0 1.000
St. Louis 1 1 0 1.000
Baltimore 1 0 1 .000
Chicago 1 0 1 .000
Miami 1 0 1 .000
Oakland 1 0 1 .000
Wichita 1 0 1 .000
Old 06-19-2003, 06:44 PM   #118
Kodos
Resident Alien

Question

Originally posted by stkelly52:

Wahoo!! Another Superbowl victory...but how much did we lose?
Old 06-19-2003, 06:44 PM   #119
Kodos
Resident Alien

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Congratulations on a season well done!
Old 06-19-2003, 06:45 PM   #120
Kodos
Resident Alien

stkelly: I'll try to fill in that info tomorrow. For now, I can tell you that we cut our losses quite a bit, but will need to do much better soon if I am to be saved as GM...
Old 06-19-2003, 06:45 PM   #121
Kodos
Resident Alien

Originally posted by sterlingice:

Economics tomorrow.

Tonight, looting and vandalism in the streets of Gatesville (...just like any other day ending in "y")

SI
Old 06-19-2003, 06:45 PM   #122
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Alf:

Congrats Kodos, everything went smoothly during the playoffs. With Berg at the helm, there was no doubt about that !
Old 06-19-2003, 06:46 PM   #123
Kodos
Resident Alien

Originally posted by revrew:

Adding a SuperBowl touchdown to his storied career, putting the nail in the coffin of the Jets just as they hoped to resurge from falling behind in the first quarter, the legend that is Chuck Farley grows...
Old 06-19-2003, 06:46 PM   #124
Kodos
Resident Alien

2014 Individual Statistics:

QBs

Berg, despite his little interception-in-the-end-zone problem, had another exceptional year, throwing for 36 TDs and over 4400 yards.

Name GP GS Att Comp Pct Yards Avg Lg
Bergeron, Devin 16 16 517 302 58.4 4425 8.55 80
Birk, Luke 2 0 8 7 87.5 92 11.50 43

Name TD Int Sack Yards Rate
Bergeron, Devin 36 16 44 264 96.6
Birk, Luke 2 0 3 21 154.1

RBs

It was not a banner year for the ground game, as Berg was our second leading rusher. We didn't pay much attention to rookie Everett Schwarz during the regular season, but he really came through for us bigtime in the playoffs. The competition for the starting position at RB should be pretty fierce next season.

Name GP GS Att Yards Avg Lg TD
Matthews, Herb 13 13 177 782 4.4 74 6
Bergeron, Devin 16 16 97 495 5.1 10 4
Douglas, Tommy 16 4 85 283 3.3 40 1
Wallace, Levon 13 13 49 170 3.4 15 2
Schwarz, Everett 12 1 26 114 4.3 19 0
Robbins, Ty 14 0 5 17 3.4 7 0
Wagner, Cedric 11 1 22 15 0.6 5 0

Receivers

Ralph Randle had himself an outstanding year, gaining nearly 1400 yards receiving and scoring 10 touchdowns during the regular season. Opposing defenses had to pick their poison between split end Randle and flanker Earl Thornton, and it looks like Randle benefitted from seeing a lot of single coverage. Fan favorite Chuck Farley fell just short of his 10 TD projection, while gaining over 500 yards receiving for us. Could 2015 be the year Chuck finally gets double-digit TDs?

Name GP GS Ctch Yards Avg Targ CtPct
Randle, Ralph 16 16 89 1369 15.3 150 59.3
Thornton, Earl 16 16 54 905 16.7 108 50.0
Robbins, Ty 14 0 40 710 17.7 64 62.5
Farley, Chuck 16 16 43 569 13.2 73 58.9
Matthews, Herb 13 13 39 461 11.8 58 67.2
Douglas, Tommy 16 4 14 194 13.8 24 58.3
Diaz, Kyle 13 0 10 107 10.7 18 55.5

Name Lg TD YAC Drop PsPly TgPct
Randle, Ralph 50 10 524 6 513 29.2
Thornton, Earl 58 7 405 7 494 21.8
Robbins, Ty 49 6 154 3 267 23.9
Farley, Chuck 80 9 260 7 328 22.2
Matthews, Herb 42 3 333 2 289 20.0
Douglas, Tommy 49 0 69 1 184 13.0
Diaz, Kyle 24 0 25 1 108 16.6

Defenders

Our star middle linebacker, Al Ingram, cracked the 100-tackles mark to lead the defense in that department.

Name GP GS Tckl Asst Sack Blk Hurr
Ingram, Al 16 16 101 26 3.0 1 0
Sanders, Dave 14 14 80 18 1.0 0 0
Fuller, Terrance 16 16 71 26 5.0 0 1
Whitfield, Allen 16 16 59 16 0.0 0 0
Harden, Joel 16 16 55 15 0.0 0 0
Ferguson, Ed 16 6 40 12 1.0 0 0
Stewart, Percy 13 13 36 17 0.0 0 0
Justus, Edgar 15 12 33 11 0.0 0 0

Name RnPly PsPly PRPct TkPct
Ingram, Al 265 428 0.9 18.7
Sanders, Dave 256 417 0.2 14.7
Fuller, Terrance 331 532 1.1 11.8
Whitfield, Allen 231 266 0.0 15.0
Harden, Joel 289 475 0.0 9.1
Ferguson, Ed 215 393 0.2 8.7
Stewart, Percy 195 359 0.0 9.5
Justus, Edgar 170 327 0.0 8.8

Pass Defenders

Strong safety Percy Stewart led the secondary in interceptions with 5.

Name GP GS Ints IRYd TD Cght Dfns
Stewart, Percy 13 13 5 61 1 27 3
Harden, Joel 16 16 3 29 0 43 9
Sanders, Dave 14 14 3 37 1 35 10
Justus, Edgar 15 12 2 81 1 26 4
Fuller, Terrance 16 16 1 16 0 43 11
Ferguson, Ed 16 6 1 23 0 24 0
Dorsett, Rodney 6 3 1 4 0 9 1

Name PsPly PDQ
Stewart, Percy 359 38.3
Harden, Joel 475 31.7
Sanders, Dave 417 36.7
Justus, Edgar 327 28.5
Fuller, Terrance 532 27.1
Ferguson, Ed 393 17.8
Dorsett, Rodney 135 28.8

Sack Leaders

Despite a weak defensive line that was hampered by the loss of its best player, Joey Rhoades, for half of the season, we still got a fair amount of sacks. While there we no real standouts as far as sacks go, lots of guys contributed in the harassment of opposing QBs.

Name GP GS Tckl Asst Sack Blk Hurr
Hickman, Peter 16 12 14 5 7.0 0 1
Fuller, Terrance 16 16 71 26 5.0 0 1
Sanders, Patrick 15 15 27 9 4.0 3 2
Cash, Eric 16 13 26 10 4.0 2 1
Everett, Paul 16 1 12 2 4.0 0 1
Ingram, Al 16 16 101 26 3.0 1 0
Rhoades, Joey 8 8 23 13 3.0 1 1

Name RnPly PsPly PRPct TkPct
Hickman, Peter 195 231 3.4 6.1
Fuller, Terrance 331 532 1.1 11.8
Sanders, Patrick 239 373 2.4 6.5
Cash, Eric 261 427 1.6 5.8
Everett, Paul 149 379 1.3 3.4
Ingram, Al 265 428 0.9 18.7
Rhoades, Joey 167 247 2.0 9.4
Old 06-19-2003, 06:47 PM   #125
Kodos
Resident Alien

2014 Player Awards:

Devin Bergeron was beaten out for the NFL MVP and Offensive Player of the Year awards by Jon Adams, who rushed for a league record 2044 yards in 2014. Berg did, however, capture first team honors at QB, as well as his second consecutive Super Bowl MVP. He is also Gatesville’s first home-grown player to be "idolized" by the fans. His 4425 yards passing and 36 TDs led the league, as did his 96.6 QB rating. In addition, his 4425-yard performance ranks sixth best for a single NFL season all-time, while his 36 TDs was the third highest total for a season. Only Chris Chandler (38, 37) and Drew Bledsoe (36) have thrown as many or more.

Ralph Randle garnered second team honors at wide receiver.

Al Ingram, despite having his 101 tackles this season move him to ninth all-time in tackles, received no honors this year.

Jerome McCarthy was the only Cowboy to earn recognition. He won first team honors as a cornerback.

Jon Adams, the 7th man drafted in 2011, gained an astounding 2044 yards and 19 rushing TDs on 396 carries. He also caught 34 passes for 227 yards and 1 TD.

Award Player Team
NFL MVP Jon Adams TBY
Offensive Player of the Year Jon Adams TBY
Defensive Player of the Year Nick Pravato CLE
Offensive Rookie of the Year Reuben Linquist CHI
Defensive Rookie of the Year Van Becker MIA
**Super Bowl MVP Devin Bergeron GTV
**All-Pro 1st Team Quarterback Devin Bergeron GTV
All-Pro 1st Team Running Back Jon Adams TBY
All-Pro 1st Team Fullback Riddick Woodson DET
All-Pro 1st Team Tight End Sam Washington RIC
All-Pro 1st Team Wide Receiver Cornelius Terry PIT
All-Pro 1st Team Wide Receiver Oliver Delcorio OAK
All-Pro 1st Team Center Sam Blades ARI
All-Pro 1st Team Guard Winfred Clark TBY
All-Pro 1st Team Guard Burt Booker SFO
All-Pro 1st Team Tackle Brock Platt TBY
All-Pro 1st Team Tackle Jim Stapleton SFO
All-Pro 1st Team Punter Jessie Hicks NYJ
All-Pro 1st Team Kicker Mike Vanderjagt BUF
All-Pro 1st Team Defensive End Courtney Brown NED
All-Pro 1st Team Defensive End Isaac Osborne ATL
All-Pro 1st Team Defensive Tackle Bernard Maxwell OAK
All-Pro 1st Team Defensive Tackle Edward Bray DSM
All-Pro 1st Team Linebacker Nick Pravato CLE
All-Pro 1st Team Linebacker Ricky Hutson DET
All-Pro 1st Team Linebacker Albert Harvey DSM
All-Pro 1st Team Linebacker Kurt Santos ARI
All-Pro 1st Team Cornerback Myron Avant CHI
All-Pro 1st Team Cornerback Jerome McCarthy DAL
All-Pro 1st Team Safety Neil Starks MIA
All-Pro 1st Team Safety Adrian Strong TBY
All-Pro 2nd Team Quarterback Buddy Mattingly PIT
All-Pro 2nd Team Running Back Bob Macias SFO
All-Pro 2nd Team Fullback Arnie Harper DEN
All-Pro 2nd Team Tight End Leroy Luker BUF
**All-Pro 2nd Team Wide Receiver Ralph Randle GTV
All-Pro 2nd Team Wide Receiver Kelvin Gonzalez KCY
All-Pro 2nd Team Center Tracy Long STL
All-Pro 2nd Team Guard Cosey Coleman TBY
All-Pro 2nd Team Guard Jerome Hodges TEN
All-Pro 2nd Team Tackle Jamal Brewer MIA
All-Pro 2nd Team Tackle Earl Talley CAR
All-Pro 2nd Team Punter Kevin Rouen CAR
All-Pro 2nd Team Kicker Wayne Joyner IND
All-Pro 2nd Team Defensive End Cory Tubbs CAR
All-Pro 2nd Team Defensive End Jared Russell IND
All-Pro 2nd Team Defensive Tackle Leonard McAlister SEA
All-Pro 2nd Team Defensive Tackle Roosevelt Bollinger SDO
All-Pro 2nd Team Linebacker Mo Reeves CIN
All-Pro 2nd Team Linebacker Sammy Kiesling CIN
All-Pro 2nd Team Linebacker Winston Larose NED
All-Pro 2nd Team Linebacker Doug Rose WIC
All-Pro 2nd Team Cornerback T.J. Dove CLE
All-Pro 2nd Team Cornerback Brian Shinkle ARI
All-Pro 2nd Team Safety Chester Woodson DEN
All-Pro 2nd Team Safety Vincent McElroy SEA
Old 06-19-2003, 06:48 PM   #126
Kodos
Resident Alien

Originally posted by Alf:

Yep, Kodos, how about that finances, now ?
Old 06-19-2003, 06:50 PM   #127
Kodos
Resident Alien

Originally posted by Craptacular:

Originally posted by Kodos:

Quote:

Award Player Team
All-Pro 1st Team Kicker Mike Vanderjagt BUF
All-Pro 1st Team Defensive End Courtney Brown NED
All-Pro 2nd Team Guard Cosey Coleman TBY

Good to see these "old geezers" are still going strong. Go Gatesville and Green Bay!

Last edited by Kodos : 06-19-2003 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:52 PM   #128
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hoping to get to the finances tonight. Ran out of time last night. I'm still employed for next season, if that helps.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:52 PM   #129
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow

2014 Season Final Team Ratings:

Season Ending Power Ratings:

Ours slipped a bit from last year, as did the Cowboys. But we still won the Super Bowl and kicked Dallas' pasty white behinds.

Gatesville: 75
Dallas: 36

Team Rankings for 2014 Season:

Don't be fooled by our third-ranked rush defense. Opposing teams obviously felt no need to run when the passing game was working so well.

Rushing offense 12th 1887 yds
Passing offense 1st 4517 yds
Rushing defense 3rd 1422 yds
Passing defense 32nd 3851 yds

In general, our defense was unimpressive, and our offense wasn't nearly as explosive as it was back in 2013. I will look to address any problems with the offense in the offseason. The defense won't matter if the offense is where I want it to be.

Sacks 4th 47
Interceptions 18th 16
Turnover margin 28th -6
Points scored 1st 452*
Points allowed 14th 300
* down from 538 in 2013
Old 06-19-2003, 06:53 PM   #130
Kodos
Resident Alien

2014 Franchise Info:

Average Yearly Attendance Through 2014:

We finally eclipsed the 75%-full mark for attendance at home games, as our average attendance jumped by 1,500 a game, while 4,300 fewer people showed up at the average Cowboys' game this season when compared with 2013. Hopefully, our second consecutive Super Bowl victory will give us a much bigger boost in attendance in 2015.

Gatesville Dallas
Attend. %Attend. Attend. %Attend.
2007 35,400 59.7 55,400 84.3*
2008 36,200 61.1 55,500 84.4
2009 38,200 64.5 59,300 83.7**
2010 35,400 59.7 61,800 87.2
2011 39,600 66.8 58,700 82.9
2012 42,300 71.4 50,300 71.0
2013 43,200 72.9 55,900 78.9
2014 44,700 75.5 51,600 72.8

* Our first year in Gatesville
** Dallas' first year with their renovated stadium.

Fan Support Through 2014:

We're looking pretty good for getting a new stadium approved when 2022 rolls around, and our fan loyalty jumped by over 10 percent. Unfortunately, the Cowboys' playoff run boosted their fan loyalty too.

Gatesville Dallas
Fan loyalty New stadium Fan loyalty New stadium
2007 0 0 69 0
2008 0 0 63 0
2009 0 8 56 0
2010 0 16 45 0
2011 0 26 36 0
2012 6 46 25 0
2013 20 70 18 0
2014 31 87 28 12

Franchise Values Through 2014:

We made really good progress in the franchise value area, as we climbed into the top half of the league with a value of just over $726 million. The Cowboys moved up one notch, but are still ranked 30th overall.

Gatesville Dallas
2007 $515,700,000 (28th) $614,790,000 (9th)
2008 $537,350,000 (29th) $576,170,000 (22nd)
2009 $546,000,000 (29th) $539,500,000 (31st)
2010 $590,860,000 (29th) $654,660,000 (17th)
2011 $616,350,000 (20th) $595,290,000 (26th)
2012 $647,970,000 (24th) $557,030,000 (32nd)
2013 $652,850,000 (27th) $547,870,000 (31st)
2014 $726,040,000 (14th) $587,820,000 (30th)

Yearly Profits/Losses Through 2014:

Our now-critical financial losses fell by $66.63 million when compared to last season, as we only lost $64,880,000 this year.

Gatesville Dallas
2007 -$158,340,000 +$1,270,000
2008 -$156,020,000 -$14,750,000
2009 -$175,240,000 +$64,470,000
2010 -$216,300,000 +$52,820,000
2011 -$174,590,000 -$5,030,000
2012 -$157,570,000 -$8,200,000
2013 -$131,510,000 -$5,090,000
2014 -$64,880,000 +$1,940,000

Cumulative Table Of Losses Through 2014:

Hmm. Maybe I should stop rounding up when I do this chart...

Season Team Losses
=====================
2000 $620,000,000
2001 18,000,000
2002 14,000,000
2003 134,600,000
2004 169,300,000
2005 122,100,000
2006 6,731,700,000*
2007 158,300,000
2008 156,000,000
2009 175,200,000
2010 216,300,000
2011 174,600,000
2012 157,600,000
2013 131,500,000
2014 64,900,000
=====================
Total $9,044,100,000

* Bill Gates bought the right to rename Waco to "Gatesville" in 2006 for $6.6 billion dollars.

Kodos Feels The Squeeze...

As my pal Billy so pleasantly outlined to me before the beginning of this season, I have been given 5 years to start turning a profit with this team. However, if our cumulative losses exceed $9.2 billion before those five years are up, I will be fired immediately; The only caveat being that he will not fire me after any season the ends with a Super Bowl victory for Gatesville. My margin for error is now only $155.9 million.

$9,200,000,000
==============
$155,900,000

2013 vs. 2014 Financial Performances: A Closer Look

While our revenues did rise 7% in 2014, the vast majority the improvement in our bottom line came from cutting our coaching/scouting expenses. Still, we will need to continue improving rapidly to become profitable in the next 4 seasons... It's not gonna be easy. One dilemma facing me this offseason is whether or not to leave ticket prices as they are so that we don't discourage new fans from attending with a price hike.

What's a GM with his butt on the line to do?

2013 2014 %chg
======================================================
Television contract $56,840,000 $57,520,000 +1%
Ticket revenue $45,830,000 $50,380,000 +9%
Suite revenue $0 $0 --
Concessions $4,240,000 $4,760,000 +12%
Parking $2,240,000 $2,520,000 +12%
Advertising $10,700,000 $13,290,000 +24%
Revenues $119,850,000 $128,470,000 +7%
Player contracts $95,840,000 $96,960,000 +1%
Player bonuses $23,680,000 $46,600,000 +97%
Training $12,070,000 $7,270,000 -39%
Coaching $70,000,000 $22,400,000 -68%
Scouting $45,000,000 $14,850,000 -67%
Stadium maintenance $4,770,000 $5,210,000 +9%
Stadium payment $0 $0 --
Costs $251,360,000 $193,350,000 -23%
Profits/Losses -$131,510,000 -$64,880,000 +50%
Old 06-19-2003, 06:53 PM   #131
Kodos
Resident Alien

Unhappy

Well, for better or for worse, that pretty much wraps things up for Part V of the Challenge. I go into the 2015 offseason facing a very uncertain future. Frankly, I'm not sure we can become profitable until we get a new stadium, which can't come until 2022 - long after I would be gone. I just consulted with my lucky 8-ball, and here's what it told me:

"Outlook not so good..."

See ya in 2015, folks. Gulp.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:54 PM   #132
Kodos
Resident Alien

Originally posted by Chuck U Farley:

Thanks Kodos for another great year. See you 2015.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:03 PM   #133
Kodos
Resident Alien

Talking

Thanks, Chuck! Way to go with that Super Bowl TD!

Here's the link to Part VI: Flirting With Destiny.