Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #501
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

yay Hawaii stays alive
Old 09-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #502
Swaggs
Coordinator

I cannot believe that some of these teams are ranked and South Florida is not.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:33 PM   #503
st.cronin
General Manager

For real. Arkansas? Tennessee? Texas AM?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:47 PM   #504
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

+1
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:54 AM   #505
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

How bout that Auburn got more votes than USF? Guarantee a nice number of voters turned in their ballots before that game ended.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:49 AM   #506
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I am not so sure about them either. But I fully believe they could beat any team in thee country, or lose to most as well. I am hoping yesterday was juts a case of playing down to your opponent and coming off 4 days rest.

It will be 3 weeks, then we should know when Clemson goes to Atlanta.

Would be nice to see Clemson play a whole season at full throttle, instead of starting slow/finishing fast or vice versa, as they seem to do every year. It's like Tommy Bowden gets tired after a few games of success and just assumes that they can coast. I have been waiting on him to get fired for at least 3 years now, and it never comes.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #507
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
no way they drop from the top 25 because of a lopsided loss to arguably the best team in the country

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I don't think VT can be ranked, to be honest.

ahem

Last edited by Lathum : 09-10-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:04 PM   #508
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

+2
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:25 PM   #509
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
It will be 3 weeks, then we should know when Clemson goes to Atlanta.

It's odd, suddenly being one of the schools teams measure themselves against in the ACC. I expect that to be "... to Tallahassee", "...to Miami", or "...to Blacksburg".
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:24 PM   #510
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Well in all honestyTallahassee is down, Miami has never been a measuring stick for us, VT comes to Death valley this year but much later.
But in the past 10 years, you'd be hgard pressed to find A MORE ENTERTAINING consistent serie than Clemson-GT, how many last second games have there been?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #511
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
But in the past 10 years, you'd be hgard pressed to find A MORE ENTERTAINING consistent serie than Clemson-GT, how many last second games have there been?

This was written before last year's game:

Quote:
Clemson leads the series since Tech has been in the ACC 12-11. In 8 of the last 10 years, the game has been decided by 5 points or less. From 1996 to 2001, every game was decided by exactly three points, usually by a late game score.

A few of the great games in just the last couple of season:

* 2000 - Clemson, ranked 3rd in the nation, takes a late 28-24 lead, when back up QB, and present Clemson graduate assistant Willie Simmons, scores a late TD, Tech then answers with an improbable George Godsey pass in the back of the end zone at the last second to win 31-28
* 2001 - A classic college game, Clemson QB Woody Dantzler brings the Tigers back from behind twice in the fourth quarter in Atlanta and runs for the winning score in overtime to win a wild affair 47 - 44
* 2004 - Tech's all world WR, Calvin Johnson, has a coming out party in Clemson, Clemson's Reggie Meriwether has two improbable long TD runs in the 4th quarter to break what had been a low scoring game open, but then something happened that still leaves heartburn in the stomach of Tiger fans, a botched punt snap deep in their own territory by Clemson leads to a quick score and then another quick score in the last three minutes of the game, Tech wins 28-24 and the Tigers begin a four game losing streak

Clemson won last year, the only game in Calvin Johnson's college career that he didn't catch a pass.

Last edited by Radii : 09-10-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #512
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Well in all honesty Tallahassee is down, Miami has never been a measuring stick for us, VT comes to Death valley this year but much later.

You guys may have won on Labor Day against a team that was in a clusterf*ck in the first half. In the second half you guys were shut down and allowed Florida State to come back and if not for a stupid play by Drew they may have driven down the field for the win.

Florida State sucks right now but despite that they were able to shut you guys down. Now ask yourself if GT had Florida State 21-0 do you think they would allow the Noles to even come within 10 pts of them? How about Wake? Virgina Tech? Or Maryland?

I like Clemson and I expect them to place at worst 3rd in the Atlantic division of the ACC with the possibly of winning the Atlantic but I see them as either 2nd or 3rd.... Wake and Boston College look very good this season.

Just my .02
Old 09-10-2007, 11:18 PM   #513
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Maybe we'll get that LSU/USC matchup that's been talked about for the past half decade. That would be an awesome title game, especially since Les Miles stoked the fires with his pre-season comments about USC.

I'm praying for that game. I would love LSU to play USC in the national championship, also if it were to happen this year- the game is in New Orleans, that would be a crazy crowd...and an expensive ticket to get.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:34 PM   #514
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Now ask yourself if GT had Florida State 21-0 do you think they would allow the Noles to even come within 10 pts of them?

We're probably a bad example since we have a knack for blowing double digit leads against at least one opponent a year, including FSU the last time we played them in '03 (13-0), or VT in '04 (14-0), or ND in '06 (10-0). So yeah, I'd say it's not only possible but also an even money bet that we'd let 'em get back in the game if not lose it outright.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:35 PM   #515
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
I'm praying for that game. I would love LSU to play USC in the national championship, also if it were to happen this year- the game is in New Orleans, that would be a crazy crowd...and an expensive ticket to get.

Yes it would. I'd be doing everything I could to get a ticket and going in full USC gear
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:20 AM   #516
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I wasn't sure where to put this but I couldnt stop laughing reading it. It is from a Purdue fan. If any of you watched the PSU/ND game on Saturday you'll be dying too...

http://www.boilersports.com/ndspn.htm#

Quote:
I was watching the Notre Dame v. Penn State game tonight, I couldn’t help but worry about the poor Nittany Lions. They scored a touchdown, and ESPN showed Jimmy Clausen’s family. They kicked the ball off, and ESPN showed Jimmy Clausen’s family. Jimmy Clausen giggled on the sideline and ESPN… showed his family. I know more about Jimmy Clausen’s family than I do about Michael Jordan’s family. And Kobe, Lebron, Jerry Rice, Michael Johnson, Roger Federer, the President, Orville Redenbacher and Jesus Christ.

I know that Jimmy’s had a personal trainer since he was in the 7th grade. I know that evil, rotten-cabbage-eating bloggers write bad things about Jimmy because he didn’t go to their school. And, of course, that’s because their school isn’t the glorious Notre Dame. I know about the prowess of Jimmy’s brothers. Of course, if I just took tonight as gospel, forsaking all other information, I wouldn’t know that Jimmy’s brother’s were both flops in college. I wouldn’t know that Jimmy’s brother Casey, just like Jimmy, was 1) a highly sought recruit, who 2) showed flashes as a freshman at Tennessee. Casey inevitably showed that he peaked rather early. I also even know about the real estate shopping habits of Casey’s father.

In fact, I began to see so much of Jimmy, without even seeing one shot of any Penn State player’s family that I began to wonder something. Do they even have families? Surely they must all be orphans. I mean, since the Booya Hype “network” feels the need to stuff Jimmy Clausen’s life down my throat over a collection of four yard completions. J.R. Redick was breaking NCAA career records in his senior year before the hype was as bad as it was tonight for Jimmy. ESPN even directly followed a Clausen interception with, “he’s special.” I don’t know how you watch an interception by anyone and the very next words out of your mouth are, “he’s special.”

I’ve chronicled my love-hate relationship with ESPN. I love sports. I hate that to watch sports, I often have to turn to ESPN… the SPAM of sports coverage. ESPN shouldn’t even show the score anymore. Just score the personalities, how much hype they think that those personalities can legitimately generate, and therefore how much money will flow to corporate sponsors as a result of that personality. That is what ESPN has become. They literally can’t miss an opportunity to try to turn just about anyone into a larger than life figure; so long as they think that said figure could move products (which is why you’ll never see much Tim Duncan hype). Tonight, they compared Jimmy Clausen, his barrage of five-yard completions, and his bevy of “Tom Emanski: How to get sacked like a statue who just got pummeled by Richard Dent” plays, to Lebron James, Tiger Woods and Sidney Crosby.

I’m afraid to take a shower tonight. If I look into the mirror, I might see Jimmy Clausen and his family. Jimmy Clausen and his family might come out of my shampoo bottle and try to shower with me.

Back to the original point… please stop the suffering of Penn State players. Sign up, leave a comment with your name in it, and agree to adopt a Penn State player. Maybe if we get 10,000 names, I might get to see Jordan Norwood’s family once for every 10,000 times I see Clausen’s fat brother Casey, or his parents… who make Jason Kidd’s son look like something other than an alien by comparison. I might get to know something about Dan Connor or Anthony Morelli, something other than… “Dan Connor… is playing against Jimmy Clausen! Oh my god! Jimmy Clausen! Jimmy Clausen, if he wanted to Mr. Blackledge… could literally throw this stadium two hundred yards under water. Jimmy Clausen’s dad was nicknamed ‘long dong Clausen’ in college. Oh my god, look! Jimmy Clausen just sneezed. It reminds me of the time Lebron dunked on three guys, but we all know that Lebron can’t drive a sneeze home quite like that.”

Please, sign this petition. In seriousness, if we get enough names, we might be able to hit talk radio and let the country know that Penn State players have families too.

Lesson learned: ESPN is going to require all of their employees to co-star with the Clausen family in the movie “Brokeback Clausen” - a tale of ESPN cameras and the only family that ever existed.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #517
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Awesome.

Jimmy Clausen = Todd Marinovich?
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #518
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
You guys may have won on Labor Day against a team that was in a clusterf*ck in the first half. In the second half you guys were shut down and allowed Florida State to come back and if not for a stupid play by Drew they may have driven down the field for the win.

Florida State sucks right now but despite that they were able to shut you guys down. Now ask yourself if GT had Florida State 21-0 do you think they would allow the Noles to even come within 10 pts of them? How about Wake? Virgina Tech? Or Maryland?

Yes we beat FSU on labor day.
Yes you did rally to make it close.
Like last year. And the year before.
But in all 3 cases we held on for the win.

I repect Bobby,Jimbo and all the staff in Tallahassee, but they are not the Noles of the 90s. And yes we looked piss poor in the 2nd half. We looked almost like we had a Qb starting his first college gamee and 3 new starters on the o-line and 2 new starters at WR, wait we did.

Im not making excuses for them, and dont feel like we will have any clue as to how good we are until at least the GT game. But I do feel like FSU is going to bottom out this year. They had to rally to beat UAB.

Wake? Wake wouldnt even be in the game from what I have seen this year, VT should be the class of the league but its hard to tell if LSU was just that much better or if the wheels simply came off for a young VT group. Your last example: maryland? MARYLAND? have you watched a single Maryland play this year? They will be lucky to win 4 games.

ahh at least its college football season and these heated debates can reign
. Hell they are a neecessity without a playoff.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:23 AM   #519
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Yay, Kyle Wright getting the start for Miami. Now I'm confident we can beat Florida International.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:28 AM   #520
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Yes we beat FSU on labor day.
Yes you did rally to make it close.
Like last year. And the year before.
But in all 3 cases we held on for the win.

I repect Bobby,Jimbo and all the staff in Tallahassee, but they are not the Noles of the 90s. And yes we looked piss poor in the 2nd half. We looked almost like we had a Qb starting his first college gamee and 3 new starters on the o-line and 2 new starters at WR, wait we did.

Im not making excuses for them, and dont feel like we will have any clue as to how good we are until at least the GT game. But I do feel like FSU is going to bottom out this year. They had to rally to beat UAB.

Wake? Wake wouldnt even be in the game from what I have seen this year, VT should be the class of the league but its hard to tell if LSU was just that much better or if the wheels simply came off for a young VT group. Your last example: maryland? MARYLAND? have you watched a single Maryland play this year? They will be lucky to win 4 games.

ahh at least its college football season and these heated debates can reign
. Hell they are a neecessity without a playoff.

Now I just reread my post I meant Boston College sorry. You make some fair points but I will stand by my opinion that at best Clemson will be second in the Atlantic.