Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

WVOD- The Best "Classic Alternative" Station I've Ever Heard

It's been a long time since I've gotten excited listening to a terrestrial radio station, but the alternative station down here in the Outer Banks (99.1 WVOD "The Sound") has continually amazed me this week. It seems every time I get in the car something cool and/or obscure is playing.

The station does seem stuck in the 1990's, which is actually fine by me. I've heard everything from Social Distortion to The Connells (I don't think I heard The Connells on the radio even back in the 1990's) to the Freddy Jones Band's "In A Daydream". It's just so cool to hear these songs on the radio instead of on my iPod.

It's a damn shame they don't stream over the internet.

CamEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards View Post
It's been a long time since I've gotten excited listening to a terrestrial radio station, but the alternative station down here in the Outer Banks (99.1 WVOD "The Sound") has continually amazed me this week. It seems every time I get in the car something cool and/or obscure is playing.

The station does seem stuck in the 1990's, which is actually fine by me. I've heard everything from Social Distortion to The Connells (I don't think I heard The Connells on the radio even back in the 1990's) to the Freddy Jones Band's "In A Daydream". It's just so cool to hear these songs on the radio instead of on my iPod.

It's a damn shame they don't stream over the internet.

well thanks for nothing then
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote