Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-11-2007, 12:56 AM   #1
path12
Coordinator

Heart question

My dad had a five-way bypass about 3 months ago. Everything seemed to be progressing nicely, he was healing up well and doing more and more exercise.

He had a very long episode though yesterday, five or six hours long, and his cardiologist put him back in the hospital tonight.

They are apparently worried that one of the graphs has failed and may have caused a slight heart attack. His EKG came up normal, so (I'm getting this secondhand from my mom so I'm not as detailed as I'd like to be yet) they are saying they believe it may be the graph in the back area of the heart. They don't want to do an angiogram right away in case the problem is a clot, so he is going to have an echo cardiogram tomorrow morning instead. Apparently they are also saying that sometimes bypass patients can lose one of the graphs with little effect down the road, and many times may not even know that it has happened for a few years.

So anyway, my question for any of our doctors here is along the lines of does this make sense and is there anything else that may be indicated or whatever info you can pass along. I'm going to the hospital in the morning, so I guess I'll learn more then too.

path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:38 AM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Cardiology is one of the areas that I was never that strong in, but from what I remember this seems plausible. Make sure the cardiologist answers all of your questions. Your dad and your family will be in my prayers.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote