Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2003, 03:57 PM   #1
neofied
Banned

ping: Marc Vaughn

Just curious, since I asked about EHM's release status in America ... where is the game at right now? Any screenshots? I'm really looking forward to getting a good text-based hockey sim -- an untapped market no doubt.

BTW When its released in the states, can you make sure they use the DVD box. To me the Euros have that all figured out and I love it.

The DVD case leaves room for a handy little manual, gives the game a nice keeper case, and is much better than the crap they put PC games in here.

neofied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 02:09 AM   #2
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

I've pasted a link to the 'official' EHM website below:

http://eastside.peliplaneetta.net/news.html

There are a few 'work in progress' screenshots available, please bear in mind however that the game will look considerably different (and better imho) by the time its finished.

With regards to its release in America, as I've indicated on the other thread I can't guarentee anything (hey I'm not a lawyer) - but obviously an American release is something that we very much want for the game.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 02:16 AM   #3
neofied
Banned

If the issue is with fictional players, I don't think that should be a major issue for most of us. We've become accustomed to games like FOF, OOTP, and others being released with a fictional roster set. And frankly it doesn't matter, since all those real players would eventually disappear anyway. Plus, I'd imagine there'd be some type of editor or customization to allow fans to release the files on their own.

It'd be a shame for the game not to get a release here in America. I'm sure you can find a publisher with an existing NHL and NHLPA license they wouldn't mind using on a quality product.

Thanks for the link. I'm looking forward to a hockey manager game and the initial EHM, while slow, did wet my appetite.

Oh, BTW, I went ahead and ordered CM4 tonight.
neofied is offline   Reply With Quote