Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-24-2003, 03:22 PM   #1
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

OT - CM4 EP#4 patch update (no it isn't out yet)

This is a current list of items which are present in the EP#4 patch.

Please note this is not ALL items that will be present in the patch, simply a current list of items implemented.

There is no release date set for this patch yet.

=================================

Championship Manager 4 Enhancement Pack 4 (4.0.6)
-------------------------------------------------

Please note, this enhancement pack contains all the fixes contained in Enhancement Packs 1, 2 and 3 as well as the following:

General
-------
- Improve selection for "Manager of Month" awards
- Improved reputation changes due to promotion/relegation
- Fixed bug where Northwich move to a massive 200,000+ seater stadium
- Made players clubs look for take into account whether the club is active in Europe more
- Adjusted progression of agility and balance characteristics for players
- Fixed contract decision news for non playing staff when no news body text was getting generated.
- Coach and scout reports can now be done on players who are on trial.
- Tweaked player injury distribution (EP#3.5)
- Tweaked player long term tiredness/jadedness
- Tweaked manager job applications to make movements easier
- Team/squad screen now keeps the view type permanently.
- Fixed problem with network clients using other languages. Match reports/club names, etc were not being translated.
- Manager sackings are now listed on a teams 'Staff Out' page.
- A player can now accept a contract renewal and a loan contract at same time.
- On the match screen, clicking on the minute label of a sending off or injury now shows the highlight of that event.
- Player's trial spell at a club in his playing history is now shown as "Trial" and not "Loan".
- A player signed from free transfer now has "-" shown in his history instead of "Unknown Club".
- Moving a player from one team to the other sometimes did not update the title text properly.
- Group draw news was sometimes not being sent to teams.
- Fixed a few interface problems when 2 or more humans are playing matches on the same machine on the same day.
- For nations where trialists are allowed to play competitive matches, the trial screen no longer states that trialists cannot play.
- Players withdrawn from national teams now get repicked properly in future matches.
- Fixed friendly screen bug where choosing a team would sometimes result in a different team being selected.

Scouts & Searches
-----------------
- Scouts did not pick up promising youngsters on free transfer.

Network, Hotseat and Internet Play
----------------------------------
None currently

Wages, Finances and Board Interaction
-------------------------------------
None currently

Player Happiness
----------------
None currently

Training
--------
None currently

Tactics:
--------
- Fixed Match engine picking its own human captain regardless in some circumstances.
- Fixed changing captain during a match did not update match screen/stats.

Competitions:
-------------
- Added reserve leagues to Norway.
- KFC Dessel now play theie belgian 2nd division games at 7.30pm.
- Fiorentina won't play the Italian cup in the first year.
- Regional relegation now will occur in Serie C1 and C2.
- Belgian playoff matches played on neutral ground.
- Italian discipline rules now ensure ban recieved in a competition only applies to that competition.
- Added Danish reserve leagues.
- Greece now has U21s instead of U18s.
- 32 First phase Champions League teams now get share of total tv money at end of competition.
- Spanish league schedules are now better organised.
- Spanish cup now finishes earlier on World Cup/Euro Champ years.
- Belgian friendly dates are now closer to the start of the season.
- If the UEFA Cup winner qualifies for the Champions League through their domestic league, they now go into the Champions League instead of the UEFA Cup.

Match
-----
- Fixed bug where a tactics change at a corner kick sometimes caused the game to not show what happened after the corner.
- Managers viewing matches controlled by other managers no longer have their speed/highlights settings used to determine the settings for the match.
- Tuned match conditions slightly (defenders conditions dropped a tad too much basically)
- Prevented players from moaning at the referee quite so much
- Prevented referee's from moving free-kicks forward 10 yards too often

Macintosh Specific
------------------
None currently

Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 03:35 PM   #2
rexallllsc
Banned

Do these take effect in current games, or must you start over?
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 03:41 PM   #3
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

So far we have retained compatibility with existing save games, keep your fingers crossed basically ...

(as we haven't finished working on the patch yet so its impossible to say if I can keep things compatible)
Old 05-24-2003, 04:47 PM   #4
henry296
College Starter

Mark,

I have had some instances where I clicked on my tactics and then scored a goal. It did not take me to the tactics screen and started with the kickoff and I had to wait for the next stoppage.

Todd
Old 05-24-2003, 04:50 PM   #5
Calis
College Starter

Some great stuff Marc!

As for the injuries, you have a change to them listed as 3.5, is their an ETA for this? I guess this one fell under my radar. What exactly do you mean by distribution? Just switching the types of injuries? or the occurence of them? Was wondering about that, as I seemed to notice an injury increase in EP3, whereas before my uber training schedule seemed to do a pretty good job stopping that.

I actually just recently REALLY started getting into CM4, and I'm having a blast again. Took a little time, but it was worth it.

Bah, this is just my luck. I start really getting into TDCB and CM4 at the SAME time, and I have Rise of Nations that needs playing also. This is what happens when you go on a gaming hiatus for a few weeks.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 05:17 PM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Not to thread jack but, does it look like we will have distribution in N. America anytime soon? If not, any recommendations on what is the best way to order a imported version?

Thanks for the anticipated replies.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 05:39 PM   #7
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Calis

As for the injuries, you have a change to them listed as 3.5, is their an ETA for this? I guess this one fell under my radar. What exactly do you mean by distribution? Just switching the types of injuries? or the occurence of them? Was wondering about that, as I seemed to notice an injury increase in EP3, whereas before my uber training schedule seemed to do a pretty good job stopping that.

The 3.5 version can be found here, just overwrite your cm.exe with this version. It only applies to the injuries, I believe. I was having a hell of a time with them in my Hereford dynasty, but since I've installed that patch it has settled down quite a bit.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 05:46 PM   #8
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Eaglesfan27
Not to thread jack but, does it look like we will have distribution in N. America anytime soon? If not, any recommendations on what is the best way to order a imported version?

Thanks for the anticipated replies.

I order mine from gogamer.com which is in the states. I ordered it on Friday and it came on Monday via Fedex for $6.

Todd
Old 05-24-2003, 06:06 PM   #9
Calis
College Starter

Thanks klayman! I was really hoping I'd just missed out on that release.

This means the rest of my weekend is looking to be pretty full.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 01:30 AM   #10
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by henry296
I order mine from gogamer.com which is in the states. I ordered it on Friday and it came on Monday via Fedex for $6.

Todd

Man, that's cheap. I had to pay 40 bucks plus shipping for mine.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:01 AM   #11
Blackadar
Retired

Sounds good, Marc.

One of my biggest beefs with CM4 is the injuries. I'll give you an example from my last game.

My striker scores on a breakaway in the 88th minute to win the game. Of course, I'm jazzed. Then the game ends and the physio report comes out and reports that the striker, who 5 minutes ago was healthy enough to outrun the other team, is injured and will be out 4 weeks. If he was that injured, he wouldn't have been able to score the goal! It sort of destroys the reality of the game when that happens.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 03:54 PM   #12
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Re: Injuries
We quietly updated the EP#3 download at sigames.com with a fix for this, you can also download this 'fix' as a single exe file from:

http://www.vaggabond.com/seville/cm4.zip
Old 05-25-2003, 04:58 PM   #13
Karim
College Starter

MV or anyone,

Until EP4 comes out, is there any way to find a list of free transfers? I have a $0 transfer budget with Telford and am struggling to get enough warm bodies into a lineup (17 players total, 5 injured). They are starting to get injured from overuse (no subs) and it will continue to spiral downward. I'd like to stay away from using "grey players" if at all possible.

I don't care if I have to manually go through a list like with Quick Search, I'm just desperate to find unattached players...
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 06:45 PM   #14
klayman
College Benchwarmer

In the quick search, put "no club" in the club search and you will get a list of players (and non-players) not assigned to any club. You'll only get 500 listed though, so it would be to your advantage to do a specific search for each nation you have running in your game. You'll have to manually go through each player though.

I have also seen a non-club shortlist out there somewhere, which includes all the non-club players at the start of the game. You could try the Dugout. I haven't used it, so I can't comment on how good it is, but it might be what you are looking for.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 06:51 PM   #15
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

and without using the list, you were able to get a few players by tiping a letter of the name (z for example) and the nationality, that gives you a few players on free among the 500.

also look at the transfer market every month or so to see which players are released by other clubs.
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 09:02 PM   #16
CAsterling
High School JV

Marc,

Thanks for the list about EP4
Just noticed this, and didn't see it on your list.

2 of my player coaches retired from playing but don't appear on my staff list as coaches.
However if I negotiate new contracts with them they are placed on the staff list (clicking on them via the transfers screen from when I originally signed them, before the renegotiation still shows them as my coaches)
Hope that makes sense.

CA
Old 05-26-2003, 06:04 PM   #17
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by BreizhManu
also look at the transfer market every month or so to see which players are released by other clubs.

Ok, I've looked and can't find this "transfer market" screen. I've found a list of players who have been signed from free transfers, but not any who have been released.

TIA
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 06:22 PM   #18
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

that's the list, sometimes you'll find players that have been transfered from a club to released (or free transfer, whatever it is in english) for free.
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote