Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-28-2007, 07:50 PM   #801
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Wow, and I wonder where the classless comments come from.
Since I clearly asked you to apologize for your team winning and how to root for your team I guess its me who is being an ass..
Old 01-28-2007, 07:50 PM   #802
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

By the way, you just proved my point from above, not that you actually read what was written.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:56 PM   #803
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble_Platypus View Post
Wow, and I wonder where the classless comments come from.
Since I clearly asked you to apologize for your team winning and how to root for your team I guess its me who is being an ass..

Yes, that's precisely what you meant by this:

Quote:
I think that if you want to know why people rail against Pats fans it might have something to do with the refusal to even say "man, we got away with a few there" when its clear to the rest of the world.

No, I'm not going to say "whoops we didn't deserve that game," just like I'm not going to call you or anybody else classless for complaining about whatever you want to complain about. Your comments in this thread say volumes about your character.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:56 PM   #804
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Since you feel this is the NBA and its up to the refs to decide how they want to call the game, rather than by the rules, I think I will carry on.

??????

When did I say that?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:00 PM   #805
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
They were physical games - perhaps the Pats were just smart enough to see how the game was being called and took advantage.

Of course, my real point is that if a Pats fan made comments like you just did, Troy and other would consider them "classless". That's the double standard.

HERE. Rules are rules. Games shouldnt be called different because of the crew. If they are called correctly per the rules it should be the same across the board.

Last edited by Noble_Platypus : 01-28-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Noble_Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:06 PM   #806
molson
General Manager

Quote:
HERE. Rules are rules. Games shouldnt be called different because of the crew. If they are called correctly per the rules it should be the same across the board.

I agree, calls should be called against the board. But on issues like pass interference, which is largely a judgment call, there's going to be variations across crews. If a team knows that one particular crew is going to be calling a game "looser", they SHOULD alter their play accordingly (just like how a batter needs to be more aggressive if an umpire has a large strike zone). That's all I said. I made no statement about what refs should or should not do, only what the players and coaches should do in response to human officials.

This of course, has nothing to do with anything previously discussed in this thread - but does reflect on your reading comprehension.

Last edited by molson : 01-28-2007 at 08:07 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:14 PM   #807
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

It doesnt? Are you sure? My reading comprehension? How would you know if it doesnt have anything to do with what was in the post previously, you didnt remember what you said 10 posts earlier.without re-reading all of the threads I know that some, perhaps not you, have complained about the perception or views of other board members that Pats fans are classless. And while some PI is a judgement call, those calls in that game were not. I have seen other posts complaining of the Hobbs play being called, and the roughing the passer call being a bad call, and all I said was you cant complain about calls going against you and not admiting when you get calls in your favor. It makes you sound like a homer, or classless in some peoples views. Hopefully you can see what I am getting at instead of making up some stupid shit like St Cronin that I am asking for apologies and telling people how to root for your team.
The fact that you and St Cronin come out and take jabs at peoples post or their ability to comprehend something when its clear you didnt read what was written or even remember what you said 15 minutes ago leads me to believe that even if all Pats fans are not classless, you two appeqar to be. I dint one time attack any Pats fan oe what was said, just merely gave my take, yet the 2 of you have your panties in a bunch and start with the verbal jabs. Whatever, if it makes you feel better.I am not getting sucked into this conversation anymore when its clear there are few level heads in it.

Last edited by Noble_Platypus : 01-28-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Noble_Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:25 PM   #808
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
all I said was you cant complain about calls going against you and not admiting when you get calls in your favor.

Why not? Seems like many, if not most, fans do that. Shoot, most home team announcers do exactly that for a living.

knives out
Old 01-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #809
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Noble P's rants at the end here exemplify completely what Pats fans on this board and elsewhere have to deal with. Talk about twisting comments.

St. C., you were exactly right. Apparently, it is classless to question officiating calls, especially when you expressly say you don't believe it altered the outcome of the game.

Last edited by Vinatieri for Prez : 01-28-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:33 PM   #810
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Thats a stupid statement. Rules are rules and they should be called as such. Besides, those werent questioonable calls in the Colts Pats game, it was clear PI.If you want to say that you got screwed in this championship game you have to admit you had several calls, or non calls, go your way that game.Dont complain that other teams fans are one sided and then say the same kind of things that they are getting called out for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
-I didn't say the Pats were screwed in the championship game
-I didn't complain that other teams fans are one sided
-Since you didn't understand the point I was making, carry on.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's classic.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:36 PM   #811
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
Noble P's rants at the end here exemplify completely what Pats fans on this board elsewhere have to deal with. Talk about twisting comments.

St. C., you were exactly right. Apparently, it is classless to question officiating calls, especially when you expressly say you don't believe it altered the outcome of the game.

I think the way it works is:

Patriots fans are classless (or whatever adjective you want to use).
Classless is then defined as whatever any Patriots fan does.

knives out
Old 01-28-2007, 11:04 PM   #812
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Some Pats fans are classless....some Raiders fans are classless, some Broncos fans are classless....I think I have made my point. All teams have some classless fans.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:11 AM   #813
Butter
Coordinator

WHO GIVES A FUCK WHO IS CLASSLESS AND WHO ISN'T? WHY DON'T YOU ALL JUST SHUT THE HELL UP NOW? YOU ARE MAKING THE BOARD UNREADABLE!!!!

Thanks, I feel better now.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:56 AM   #814
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
How is claiming that the SEC is overrated like calling all Pats fans classless?

And whatever you think of my various SEC posts, all I'm trying to do here is point out that if complaining about officiating is classless, then the board member calling me classless is way more classless than me.

Read what I quoted that you wrote..

Quote:
Really, I think the worst type of fan is one who focuses more energy on hating a team then rooting for his own team. I admit I do like to tweak the Colts occasionally, but I am ROOTING for them in the Super Bowl. People who spend as much time talking trash about the Patriots as some people have done in this thread are just incredibly lame, imo. IMetTrentGreen does the same shit in other threads and gets killed for it, rightfully so.

I bolded the crucial part - that is where I accuse you of throwing stones. And if you are denying that you do that, you should do a little thread searching my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:53 AM   #815
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Read what I quoted that you wrote..

I bolded the crucial part - that is where I accuse you of throwing stones. And if you are denying that you do that, you should do a little thread searching my friend.

I guess you missed the part where I said that my "hatred" of the SEC was a gimmick.

Also, 99% of the time I don't care about this shit but I was called out by name in this thread. It's pure crap.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 01-29-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #816
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
I guess you missed the part where I said that my "hatred" of the SEC was a gimmick.

Also, 99% of the time I don't care about this shit but I was called out by name in this thread. It's pure crap.

Call it a gimmick if you want, but it's so constant that sorry, there has to be some truth to it. And it pisses me off as much as you are pissed off at this thread.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 01-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #817
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Call it a gimmick if you want, but it's so constant that sorry, there has to be some truth to it. And it pisses me off as much as you are pissed off at this thread.

Constant????? I broke it out at the beginning of the bowl season, and retired it at the end. And even if it does irritate you, surely you understand that there is a huge difference between me saying "the SEC is overrated" and saying "wade moore is a typical classless SEC fan."

knives out
Old 01-29-2007, 11:05 AM   #818
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Constant????? I broke it out at the beginning of the bowl season, and retired it at the end. And even if it does irritate you, surely you understand that there is a huge difference between me saying "the SEC is overrated" and saying "wade moore is a typical classless SEC fan."

Maybe I'll try to dig up the threads, but I don't feel like it right now. But, if you didn't say that directly, you came very close.

Quote:
Old 01-29-2007, 11:06 AM   #819
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Maybe I'll try to dig up the threads, but I don't feel like it right now. But, if you didn't say that directly, you came very close.

You're confusing me with somebody else. There were other people who said such things, all I ever said was the SEC is overrated.

knives out
Old 01-29-2007, 03:13 PM   #820
BishopMVP
Coordinator

This douchebag from BC told me a month ago that I and the people I hang out with "aren't classy." I laughed and told him that coming out of his mouth that was about the biggest compliment he could have given me. The fact that I don't have any idea what it means to be a classy fan, and picture a classy fan as sitting there quietly, golf-clapping as he sips his wine means this entire pissing contest is over my head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
They're horrible. UD just lost to Duquesne on the road (RPI of somewhere around 250). They pretty much torpedoed any hopes they had of postseason action right there. We have some players, but the hardcore fan base has about had it with our coach, Brian Gregory. None of the players ever seem to improve, and we always play down to the level of lesser competition, but never seem to be able to play up to a tough opponent (witness, blowouts at the hands of Pitt and UNC that were not close after the first 5 minutes).

We have forward Chris Wright, a top 100 player, coming in next year, along with a Wisconsin transfer and 2 other fairly decent recruits. Needless to say, I think next year is the make or break for Gregory... he will finally have some talent at the point, at the wings, and down low. Will he be able to make it work?
That's too bad. Here at UMass, we know all about how hard it is to replace great coaches like Purnell who move up.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:17 PM   #821
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
This douchebag from BC told me a month ago that I and the people I hang out with "aren't classy." I laughed and told him that coming out of his mouth that was about the biggest compliment he could have given me. The fact that I don't have any idea what it means to be a classy fan, and picture a classy fan as sitting there quietly, golf-clapping as he sips his wine means this entire pissing contest is over my head.

FWIW, for live events, particularly College, I have a pretty specific image of things that I don't think are appropriate. This view seems to differ from a lot of fans, at least in VA. The main thing being that I don't think you should harass the opposing teams fans.

Because of that, I have finally come to the conclusion that I will probably avoid Away games for the most part except for things like Playoff games, End of Season Tournament for basketball, etc.

Quote:
Old 01-29-2007, 03:32 PM   #822
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
FWIW, for live events, particularly College, I have a pretty specific image of things that I don't think are appropriate. This view seems to differ from a lot of fans, at least in VA. The main thing being that I don't think you should harass the opposing teams fans.

Because of that, I have finally come to the conclusion that I will probably avoid Away games for the most part except for things like Playoff games, End of Season Tournament for basketball, etc.
I never harass opposing fans I don't know, and I try to stay away from profanity when chanting, mostly because it's unnecessary and not very clever. But opposing players are fair game IMO. I'll do anything I can to get into opposing player's heads, because if they're thinking about anything other than the game, that gives my team an advantage. I've actually seen players that are struggling and being ridden by opposing fans get scared to touch the ball, and I know that when I'm playing sports what other people are saying can affect me too, so part of me feels bad completely destroying someone's confidence, but it helps the team win. Trying to make as much noise and support my side also helps by giving them more energy too.

I'm actually involved in a big debate over this at UMass' board because the Mullins Center crowd is completely dead and you have lots of people saying "It's not my job to make noise. Buying the ticket and showing up is enough." Well, no, nobody is forcing you to, and I don't expect older people to show the same enthusiasm/stamina of students, but you can help the team win and have more fun if you're not sitting on your hands all night.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:48 PM   #823
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I never harass opposing fans I don't know, and I try to stay away from profanity when chanting, mostly because it's unnecessary and not very clever. But opposing players are fair game IMO. I'll do anything I can to get into opposing player's heads, because if they're thinking about anything other than the game, that gives my team an advantage. I've actually seen players that are struggling and being ridden by opposing fans get scared to touch the ball, and I know that when I'm playing sports what other people are saying can affect me too, so part of me feels bad completely destroying someone's confidence, but it helps the team win. Trying to make as much noise and support my side also helps by giving them more energy too.

I'm actually involved in a big debate over this at UMass' board because the Mullins Center crowd is completely dead and you have lots of people saying "It's not my job to make noise. Buying the ticket and showing up is enough." Well, no, nobody is forcing you to, and I don't expect older people to show the same enthusiasm/stamina of students, but you can help the team win and have more fun if you're not sitting on your hands all night.

Yeah, I can deal with the chant at players. It's the going at opposing fans tht bothers me and seems to be pretty consistent at college games these days.

Quote: