Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-29-2007, 10:47 AM   #1
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

"To Catch a Predator" is back!

Six episodes on Tuesday night starting tomorrow night. I'm a sucker for this show. Love watching the idiots bite it on national TV.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16672318/

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

i agree. They should all be locked up and have the key thrown away
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #3
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

There sure are some sick degenerates out there. How do those on FOFC as fathers of daughters feel about this? How can you stop this from happening other than banning your kid from the internets and explaining to them that its not because of their actions, but to protect them from the sick bastards out there?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:07 AM   #4
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
There sure are some sick degenerates out there. How do those on FOFC as fathers of daughters feel about this? How can you stop this from happening other than banning your kid from the internets and explaining to them that its not because of their actions, but to protect them from the sick bastards out there?

Here's a great website with info on how to protect your kids while they are online. There is even a "train the trainer" class, so that it can be presented at a PTA meeting or other similar event. Be careful viewing the training material at work, since it doesn't pull any punches in describing some of the methods used and crimes committed by these scum.

hxxp://www.packet-level.com/kids/
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:08 AM   #5
Lorena
Unregistered

Antmeister and I often joke that if they see the same actress they should just book it, "Oh shit It's her!!"

On a serious note, I often wonder why some of these guys that have seen the show go through with it and meet these kids?
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:50 AM   #6
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Antmeister and I often joke that if they see the same actress they should just book it, "Oh shit It's her!!"

On a serious note, I often wonder why some of these guys that have seen the show go through with it and meet these kids?

I'm pretty sure I saw an episode where there was a guy who got caught after having previously been caught on the show.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:52 AM   #7
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post

Because there are far more people that don't end up on the show than those that do.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:54 AM   #8
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

These are sick people, possibly victims themselves. I don't really watch these things anymore because you see one, you see them all. I think what this really shows is that there are a lot of messed up people out there.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #9
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:

I'm keeping my kids off the internet. If they need to use it, it'll be under supervision. If they want to sit around and rot brain cells, they can do it with the television, like we did when I was a kid.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:18 PM   #10
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Quite simple for now and my soon to be 11 year old daughter. I set her list of "approved" sites on her favorites and set times she's allowed to surf the net - when I'm not home, her connection is not turned on.

Plus, she knows I work with computers daily at my job and is knows for a fact I can check up on her whenever I want to. She loves seeing that net msg on her screen, "I'm watching you".

For now, no myspace nor any instant messengers.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #11
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
These are sick people, possibly victims themselves. I don't really watch these things anymore because you see one, you see them all. I think what this really shows is that there are a lot of messed up people out there.

I watch the show because I want to support what they're doing. The longer this show gets good ratings, the more they do some stings, and the more they take criminals off the streets and put them into jail where they can't harm kids. If there's any reason to watch this show, that's definitely one. To some extent, you're actually forcing them to go out and bust more criminals just because you tuned in.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:13 PM   #12
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I'm pretty sure I saw an episode where there was a guy who got caught after having previously been caught on the show.

I remember that one!! Wasn't he supposed to meet the underage girl at a restaurant when Chris Hansen showed up with cameras and the guy said, "What I was hungry!?" I was speechless but couldn't stop laughing. Actually, even Chris Hansen didn't know what to say.

Some people will never learn.

Last edited by Lorena : 01-29-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:23 PM   #13
LloydLungs
College Prospect

I watch the show for the "I've never done anything like this before" and "We were just going to talk and watch movies" drinking game.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:28 PM   #14
Flasch186
Coordinator

did you bring condoms?

my favorite question he asks.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 01-29-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:16 PM   #15
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
I watch the show for the "I've never done anything like this before" and "We were just going to talk and watch movies" drinking game.
hxxp://youtube.com/watch?v=3zvTRQr7ns8 Hilarious spoof.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 01-29-2007 at 03:16 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote