Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-21-2003, 02:47 AM   #1
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

CM4: A Manager's Journal

Introduction

There are many Championship Manager 4 dynasty threads out there. However, this thread will have a neat twist to it. It will not be a straight information thread. Instead, it will follow a story. The storyline will be that of a manager, Tim Brice, and his coaching career. Everything will be done from a manager perspective. It will be a manager’s journal of sorts, if you will. Instead of saying Player A has a 15 skill in marking, the manager will relay a comment along the lines of “Player A can mark really well….”. This concept has been touched a few times in CM dynasty threads and I hope I can translate the magic into this thread.

Up Next you will meet the manager (me), Mr. Tim Brice.

Author’s note: For those who do not know, I have a broad knowledge of soccer. I know a lot about the players who play the game, the concept of the game (tactics, training, etc.), and what has to be done to win on the pitch. I hope that this knowledge expressed in this thread will allow some members here, if interested, to learn more about the game of soccer. Please feel free to ask any questions about the game here or about any of the terminology that I use. I will do my best to answer them.

GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 03:06 AM   #2
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I have reached that time in my coaching career where I feel a change is necessary. I have been employed for the last few years working with the United States National Team in a background role. I have served as an assistant coach for the U-23 and U-17 National teams. When the senior United States National Team is in camp, I work as a strength and conditioning coach. I have also worked as a camp coordinator and have done some work with the youth program (ODP). I have also served as a scout, both abroad and domestic. Basically, I am assigned to where the National Team needs me. I am held in very high value by the program, but I feel it is time to move on. I want my own team and my own career, where I can hopefully be very successful.

Bruce Arena, the head coach for the national team, is a close friend. I have worked with Bruce a lot these past three years, and he has really made me more knowledgeable about the game. I know he will give a high recommendation for me as a head coach, which will carry a lot of weight.

My soccer background is simple. I did not start playing the game until 10th grade of high school. I learned quickly and made the most out of my experience. I played college ball at the University of the Ozarks, but I never really got to play. I was a goalkeeper. I lucked into a job with the United States Soccer Federation (USSF). I thought I would be an office assistant or something but high ranking officials in USSF quickly recognized my soccer mind and potential and moved me into a more prominent role. I hold a USSF ‘A’ license, which is the highest you can obtain. It takes many years of soccer schooling to get it.

I finally saw a job opening I would not mine having. The Atlanta Silverbacks, an A-League team, had an immediate opening for a job after a fall out between club management and the previous coach. I informed Mr. Arena of my intentions of applying for the job. He is supported my decision. I got in contact with the club and set up an interview.

I am heading to the interview now. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:14 AM   #3
condors
College Starter

good idea and an A-league dynasty, good luck
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 02:14 PM   #4
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

The interview went really well. I do not remember all the details but I will try to recap them as best as possible.

First I walked into the owner‘s office. He sat down and introduced himself as Mr. Smith. He said that I, coming from USSF, probably knew the concept of the A-League but he wanted to make sure I knew anyway. He explained that the A-League had 18 franchises, 4 which were located in Canada. The Silverbacks are in Group A, which is also known as the Southeast Division. The A-League had its beginnings as the Southwest Indoor Soccer League in 1986. In 1989 the league ventured outdoors and became known as Southwest Outdoor Soccer League. The name of the league continued to change as do the teams. In 1993, the league expanded to 43 teams and is where most of America’s top talent played. However, in 1994-1995 Major League Soccer was formed and it took a punch out of the A-League. In 1997, the A-League joined forces with the founders of Southwest Outdoor Soccer League (although by this time it was going by a different name) and a formed a soccer umbrella known as United Soccer League (USL). The old SOSL became the D3 Pro League.

Once he explained all this, we got to the details of his club. He said the Silverbacks were in decent financial terms. They could not afford a transfer budget this season, but assured me that this is normal for the A-League. However, the could afford some maneuvering in the wage budget.

He then asked me about my soccer background and I pretty much told him everything that was stated in the post above. He seemed very impressed that I had so many connections and tie-ins with USSF. He did say, however, he was concerned that I had never had any previous head coaching experience.

He asked me about my soccer philosophy. I told him I thought the most important thing in soccer is teaching the game. Soccer is a game where a hundred different scenarios could come out of just one play. I told him that, at this level, players should have an understanding but that it was my job to redefine that understanding and translate into success on the pitch. I told him we would accomplish this through training.

The interview lasted about an hour. We small talked here and there throughout the interview. He left me with the final note that Mr. Arena had contacted him and given Mr. Smith his own personal recommendation. This seemed to excite the owner. He said that I was the leading candidate for the job, but that he hadn’t interviewed anyone else yet. Go figure.
Old 05-21-2003, 02:26 PM   #5
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

A couple of days later Mr. Smith called me and offered me the head coaching job. We hammered out a contract that is set to pay me $67,200 a year and last until October 26th, 2006. He said he was very excited to offer the job and thought great things would come out of it.

I flew down to Atlanta that day. I met with Mr. Smith and we set up a press conference. A few scarce reporters showed up, one even from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The press conference went well. Mr. Smith started and said I am the only person he interviewed and felt so confident in his decision. I said a few words. I said I was grateful for the job and I hope to bring success to the job.

My mind was on the actual job though. A lot of work had to be done here and there for the club. I sat down in my office, which was pretty nice office, and thought to myself. This is great starting job, but not really where I want to be. I want to be in MLS, where hopefully I can find a job at the end of this year. We will see how it goes though.

The Silverbacks play in Roswell Stadium which seats 5,300. The club has good facilities, which is a plus when I try to lure some players in here.

Now to those player and staff evaluations…

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 05-21-2003 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2003, 02:48 PM   #6
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

My first priority at the club was taking a look around the staff. We have no assistant manager and this void needs to be filled immediately. I contacted a former friend in Joe Longeneker. Joe worked briefly for the USSF during my stay there and that is how I got to know him. Joe is great with youngsters and a brilliant goalkeeper trainer. Hopefully, he will accept the job and I think things look good. I also set up interviews with Alan Mayer and Imad Baba in hopes that they will join the non-playing staff.

I inherited two previous coaches who I have talked to and got to know. David Crawford and Jim Johnson both have similar reputations. They are both great with youngsters in decent in the area of coaching outfielders and goalkeepers. I plan to keep both around.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:09 PM   #7
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

The next thing I do is sit down with my two coaches, David Crawford and Jim Johnson and discuss the players. I have been evaluating film on the players all day and have a pretty good understanding of the players.

I will first start in the area of goalkeeping. We have two players currently on the roster at this position. Cole Burgman is 25 and really just an average all around keeper. He will be the starter. His back-up is Bryheam Hancock. Bryheam is 22 but has no talent what so ever. I will sign another body here. I have decided if it will be in a backup or starters role. I wouldn’t rule out going after a quality veteran free agent, maybe someone like Chris Snitko.

Defending is an area where we posses solid physical skills, which are important for defenders. Carl Fletcher is a 26 year old Canadian International who works well with his teammates and is quick and strong. James Wall is 22 and from England, but he is very slow and will probably serve in a back-up role. Byron Mitchell is a 30 and another guy who will serve as a back-up. Gilbert Jean-Baptiste is a 30 year Haitian International who brings great physical skills and good flair to the table. He will be a starter. Alan Woods,24, is probably our best overall player. I see Alan as a D-Mid type role. I will look to sign a couple of youngsters in this area.

The Midfield is an area where I was actually surprised by. We are better off than I thought we would be. Brain Pierson has a lot of speed and decent skills. He may start on the outside. Jody Broder is 22 but has no future with the club. Velko Iotov is a big Bulgarian with good physical skills. He will split between time in the mid and up top. Phillipe Godoy is a 31 year old who will be a sub but could see a lot of playing time. Jamel Mitchell is another 22 year old with no future with the club.

Up top we only have a couple of strikers. Martin Kilnger was formally employed by the MetroStars. He can finish to some extent and brings a good change of pace. John Berry Nusum is a 21 year old Bermudan International with a great future. I see MLS clubs wanting this kid soon.

Up next we will get to the everyday running of the club, as the journey begins.
Old 05-21-2003, 04:53 PM   #8
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

January 26th - March 28th, 2003

Well I had planned to update this bi-weekly. But being new to CM4 I did not realize you had to hit the space bar to stop the simulation. I lost a lot of team building time and I am rather upset about it. Oh well, we are now having to rush to throw together some friendly matches.

I extended contracts to the following players: Freddy Adu, Knox Cameron, and Ned Grabavoy. I had worked with all the youngsters in the past with United States' U17 National Team. They are all good kids. We didn’t manage to sign any of them Adu is heading to Seville of Spain where hopefully he will flourish. Cameron and Grabavoy are also heading abroad to Spal of Italy. I personally called all of these youngsters and wished them the best of luck in their future careers.

We did make a couple of signings, however. We signed Goalkeeper Garth Lagerway. Garth is 30 and we got him for around $950 p/w. I think he is a bargain at that price. I feel like he can help us out a lot in the nets and will be a likely starter for our club. We also signed veteran midfielder Ross Paule. Ross is a guy who has can play the center of our mid quite well. Hopefully he will flourish. We will be paying $1700 a week for his services.

I also learned that Joe Longnecker accept my offer to be assistant manager. We also appointed Imad Baba and Alan Mayer as coaches.

We will continue to prepare for the season as it begins April 19th.

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 05-21-2003 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:01 PM   #9
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

March 29th - April 19th, 2003

Well we were forced to quickly whip our troops into match shape and scheduled a couple of quick friendly matches. On March 30th, we will play the Charlotte Eagles at home. On April 7th, we will travel to Indiana to meet the Indiana Blast. This is all in preparation for our league opener April 19th at Calgary.

March 30th came and we played to host to the Charlotte Eagles, an A-League team. We are running a 4-3-1-2 formation, as we will also run this formation in league play. Barry Nusum and Martin Klinger scored goals in a 2-0 victory. I was impressed with the play of several players on our team. This Nusum kid really has a chance to be special.

We need to add defensive depth and maybe add a starter or two in the back. We decided to sign C.J. Klaas and Brandon Pollard. Klaas is 19 years old and has been on youth national teams that I have worked with. He is a good kid and has a bright future. Pollard is a veteran left wingback who I think will really help out our team. He has MLS experience which is always a plus. We are paying both players $1,700 a week.

We played another friendly April 7th against the Indiana Blast. We lost the game 1-0. The match was basically just trying to get players in shape.

April 19th finally rolled around and I was so excited about making my managerial debut. I only hoped for a win. Calgary was a team that expected to give us a run for our money. We went with Lagerway in goal. Pollard, Fletcher, Jean-Baptiste, and Klaas formed our backline. The midfield consisted of Iotov, Pierson, Woods, and Paule. Up front we went with Nusum and Klinger. In the 16th minute Nusum scored a goal off a brilliant move. Klinger added one in the 18th minute with an assist from Nusum. We went into halftime leading 2-0. I told the boys to keep the pressure up and not let down. Nusum added two more goals in the 52nd and 57th for his hat trick. Klinger topped it off in the 67th minute by adding another one and propelling us to a 5-0 win. It is great to win your debut.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:40 PM   #10
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

April 20th - May 3rd, 2002

We have a critical span of four matches coming up. The A-League schedule is fast and furious and I expect injuries to take a toll on our team. We are not very deep and I am concerned that we may not be able to fill in a few positions here and there. We will see how we do.

On April 23rd we entertained 2,644 for our home opener. We played the Montreal Impact, a team that I know has some Canadian Internationals. Iotov got the scoring started with a strike in the 10th minute. Nusum added another one in the 15th minute. Martin Klinger added another in the 33rd minute. We went into halftime leading 3-0. Klinger added another one in the 68th minute and we won 4-0.

On the 26th of April we traveled north to Canada to face the Toronto Lynxx. I was stopped for a suspicious looking briefcase in Customs. C.J. Klaas injured his neck during training for two weeks and wasn’t able to make the trip. Wall started in his spot. Nusum was knocked up and didn’t start the match either. We went into halftime tied at 0-0. I told the boys to continue to play there game and be patient and things would open up for them. We put Nusum in at halftime. It took a stroke of luck as Fletcher opened scoring up in the 54th minute with a marvelous half field strike. I don’t think he meant to do it, but he claims it was a shot all the way. Klinger scored in the 61st minute off great work by Nusum. Klinger added another in the 75 minute when he took advantage of a costly mistake by a Toronto defender who basically gave him the ball. We win 3-0.

On April 30th we played host to the Portland Timbers who were in 1st place of Group D of the A-League. We learned that defender Jean-Baptiste will miss this game and the next do to an injury. We had 2,772 fans show up to the match. Ross Paule missed a penalty kick in the 27th minute. We again went into halftime tied at 0. However, Woods converted a penalty kick in the 67th minute. A Portland player got himself sent off in the 71st minute. That foul resulted in another penalty kick, which Nusum converted for a 2-0 lead. The game would in 2-0.

May 3rd we hosted the Rochester Rhinos in league action. The Rhinos just signed Goalkeeper Adin Brown, who is formidable. He has no business in the A-League and should be in MLS. Ross Paule scored in the 4th minute after a beautiful buildup. Nusum recorded the assist. Iotov scored in the 44th minute off a corner kick. We went into half time winning 2-0. This is how the game would end. We had 2,319 people show up for the match.

I am very proud of the team so far. We sit in first place with fifteen points. We also have a +13 goal difference and have yet to be scored on. Impressive stuff so far, considering our back line has been banged up.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:58 PM   #11
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Nusum was knocked up and didn’t start the match either.

A female playing on your side? Are you the father? Maybe it was her "best friend"
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 12:03 AM   #12
Havok
College Starter

nice read Eagle..... keep it up =)
Old 05-22-2003, 12:31 AM   #13
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Kyle- That's a great line. Litlle insider between the two of us. And no, as far as I know he is male.

Havok - thanks for the kind words.

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 05-22-2003 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:17 PM   #14
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

May 4th - 24th, 2003

We learn that our young fullback C. J. Klaas is being looked at by some big European squads. Spanish side Rayo, Dutch team Herrvenuen, and Italian side Reggina are some of the clubs looking at C.J.

On May 10th we took a bus ride to Pittsburgh to take on the A-League franchise there, the Riverhounds. The Riverhounds are currently second in our division behind us. We are injury free going into the match. Pittsburgh scored in the 19th minute ending our shutout streak. Lagerway was visibly upset. They added another one just before halftime off a counter attack. I try to call the lads down but they didn’t get the message. We lose 2-0. Nusum missed a PK in the 57th minute.

On May 14th we hosted the Charleston Battery, who are first place in their division. We made a critical mistake in the back and they converted to go 1 up off a chip shot in the 13th minute by former MLSer Miles Joseph. They scored again before halftime and we went down 2-0. The second half we couldn’t find the net. We had two goals called back do to offside.

May 17th we went to the University of Richmond and played against the Richmond A-League team. We learned before the game that midfielder Iotov would be out for 3 weeks with a groin strain. They scored in the 20th minute off a goal that was an obvious offside. I gave the assistant ref hell. They scored another in the 57th minute. Nusum missed a penalty kick in the 67th minute. Nusum scored a goal in the 82nd minute but it was ruled offside. The ref called Klinger off and he wasn’t even involved in the play! I was ejected after calling the assistant ref a bleepin’ blind fool. We lost 2-0.

We drew the Colorado Rapids of MLS in the second round of US Open Cup. It will be our first match in the Cup. We are not favored to win, both by the odds and common sense. I am not sure of the exact date of the match. We will host it.

On May 24th we hosted the Charlotte Eagles. The Eagles were third place in their division. We had 2,204 fans show up. We went into halftime tied at 0 after several missed opportunities. However, in the second half Klinger scored in the 48th minute and Nusum added another in the 70th minute. We win 2-0. Hopefully we can start another winning streak.

We are currently tied for first place in our division.

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 05-23-2003 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:47 AM   #15
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

May 25th - June 14th, 2003

On May 28th we took on the Minnesota Thunder at home. The crowd was the biggest all season, as 2,793 showed up. Our team is tired do the hectic pace of the A-League schedule. I don’t remember the exact details but we lost 200. The loss dropped us to third place in our division.

On May 31st we traveled to Virginia Beach. That team is led by former MLS Star Roy Lassiter. They are second place in their division. Ross Paule scored in the 7th minute off of a counter. Nusum scored in the 41st minute off an assist by Klinger. They added one in the 48th minute by Lassiter. We held on for a 2-1 victory.

We loaned Michael Ritch from Columbus in an attempt just to give us some depth and cover up top. He is a decent player at best.

On June 7th we traveled to face the defending A-League champs, Milwaukee. Klinger started scoring off in the 3rd minute with an assist from Nusum and things looked good. However, Milwaukee answered with three straight goals and we lost 3-1.

On June 14th, we played host to the Indiana Blast. 2,076 people showed up. Injuries are starting to add up as Woods, Pollard, Iotov, and Godoy are all injured. We played to a 0-0 draw in the most boring soccer match ever witnessed by man. I told my players if I was a fan I would not come back to watch that boredom. We now stand 6 points behind Pittsburgh in our division.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:12 AM   #16
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

Golden Eagle, great read.

As somebody just getting into CM4 (and soccer, courtesy of CM4), I'm really enjoying your take on a dynasty for the game.

May have to try a game in the A-League, once I get bored with my Peterhead (Scottish League Division 3) game.
WussGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 06:45 PM   #17
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

WussGawd - Thanks for the compliment and I hope you will continue to enjoy the report.

June 15th - July 2nd, 2003

The first bit of news I found out is that San Jose fired their manager, Frank Yallop. I immediately apply for the job. I don’t think the chances of getting it are very realistic but you never know. Ideally, I would like to have a job by next MLS Draft Combines. That is February 2004. Maybe if we win the A-League I will get some consideration for openings.

On Wednesday June, 18th we hosted the Colorado Rapids of MLS in the US Open Cup 2nd round. A crowd of 2,092 showed up. Martin Klinger put us up in the 43rd minute when he found himself all alone in front of the goal. We went into halftime up 1-0. Disaster struck as Brandon Pollard put the bull into our own net in the 48th minute. However, we would not be denied as Nussum put one in the 58th minute and we escape with a 2-0 victory.

San Jose wound up appointing Bernd Krauss as their manager. Krauss is from Austria. I am disappointed to see the Earthquakes go outside the US to get their new manager.

We traveled to Cincinnati June 21st for a match-up with the Riverhawks. They are in 4th place in their division but only 4 points out of first. We went into the half tied at 0. However, the offense woke up as Nusum scored in the 65th minute and Paule added another in the 68th. We get a 2-0 victory.

On June 25th we went to play Connecticut in a US Open Cup 3rd round match. Connecticut is a D3 Pro League team and if we show up we should handle them pretty easily. Jean-Baptiste put us ahead in the 35th minute off of a corner kick. Connecticut would storm right back with goals in the 50th and 52nd minute. However, in the 58th minute Ross Paule evened things up with a fine strike. The game went to overtime and Nusum scored off a penalty kick in the game’s last minute for a 3-2 win. We will play Rochester in the Open Cup Quarterfinals.

June 28th we traveled to the 51st state known as Canada. We played Vancouver. The game was another boring match. Vancouver scored off a corner kick in the 82nd minute. We lost 1-0. I was quite upset with my team.

On July 2nd we played host to the Seattle Sounders. We changed our tactics up a bit to generate more offense. Nusum scored in the 21st minute and Ritch added another in the 51st. We win 2-0. Klinger was injured for a week and Paule tore his groin and will be out for three weeks.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:23 PM   #18
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

July 3rd - July 19th, 2003

On July 5th we hosted El Paso Patriots. El Paso is currently first in their division and will prove to be a formidable opponent. We drew 2,609 to the game. El Paso scored twice in the 39th minute and 55th minute. We failed to score and lost 2-0.

The Dallas Burn sacked manger Mike Jeffries. I applied for the job but they wind up giving it to Bulgarian Dimiter Peniv. It is discouraging to see the MLS jobs go to foreign coaches. The Burn will pay him $1.5 million a year.

The USSF also made a coaching changed sacking Bruce Arena. A lot of people inside and outside of USSF were upset at the firing, including myself. The hired Bob Gansler to be the new manager.

Om July 12th we hosted Calgary. I don’t remember much details of the match but I remember Klinger scored in the 50th minute and Nusum added another in the 78th minute. We win 2-0.

On July 16th we played at Montreal. The Impact sit 5th in our division. They started coring off in the third minute. However, Nusum scored in the 17th and 78th minute. The 78th minute goal was provided with brilliant moves by Klinger. We win 2-1.

On July 19th we battled the Toronto Lynxx. We had 2,750 punters show up. They scored in the 31st minute off a corner and that all they needed as we lost 1-0.

We stand in second place with 34 points. Winning the division is probably out of reach. Our next five games will prove to be the toughest part of the season. We play Rochester twice and Pittsburgh once. The other teams we play are in first place of their divisions. We are trying to battle through injuries and suspensions and get healed in time for the playoffs. Stay tuned!
Old 05-23-2003, 11:23 PM   #19
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

July 20th - August 10th, 2003

We made a business move at the club by resigning coach David Crawford to a new contract. I have worked close with David over the past few months and value his coaching abilities, hence why I rewarded him with a new contract.

We also loaned young defender Frank Simek from Arsenal. Frank will serve as a defensive sub in certain situations. He is not match fit.

On the 26th of July we began our tough schedule by playing at Portland. They started off scoring in the 17th minute by a mistake by Garth Lagerway. They added another in the 40th minute off a goal that was plainly offside. In the 47th minute they scored off a corner and added another in the 86th as we got whipped 4-0.

On July 30th we traveled to Charleston, a team in first place in their division. They scored goals in the 30th and 72nd minute and we lost 2-0.

The Second of August we played an away match against Rochester. Rochester is in first place in our division. The game was very excited but ended in a 0-0 draw. Not a bad result for us at all. The draw qualified us for the playoffs!

On August 6th we hosted Pittsburgh. We are currently tied for second place with them. We had a crowd of 2,779 show up. In the 51st minute we got a goal from a Nusum off a header. That is all we would need and we won 1-0.

On August 10th we played in the US Open Cup quarterfinals against Rochester, at Rochester. They had strikes in the 9th and 71st minute to eliminate us by a score of 2-0.

The stretch ends with nothing good coming out except the win over Pittsburgh. We now have four games left and then the playoffs. We will have to be on our A game to do well in the playoffs.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:43 AM   #20
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

August 11th - August 30th, 2003

On August 16th we hosted the Richmond Kickers in a playoff tune up match. It was an exciting back and forth match. We drew a crowd of 2,061. Klinger scored in the 10th minute. They added one in the 64th. Nusum scored of a corner in 71st minute. However, the tied things up in the 80th minute. The game ends in a 2-2 draw.

On August 23rd we went to Charlotte to take on the Eagles. They scored in the 28th minute and in the 65th minute off a corner to take a 2-0 win.

On August 27th we played host to the Virginia Beach Marines. It was a very boring match. We wound up winning 1-0 when Michael Ritch scored in the 45th minute. I will take the win.

On August 30th we traveled to Blaine, Minnesota to challenge the Minnesota Thunder. The Thunder are 1st place and their division and will be the final tune up for the playoffs. They scored in the 28th minute and won 1-0. We never really threatened

So we finish second in our division. We will take on the Charlotte Eagles in the first round of the playoffs. The first leg will be on Wednesday, September 3rd We have some injuries and I don’t think we will win. The first match will be played at home.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:58 AM   #21
MrBug708
Head Coach

The manager the Earthquakes, hired, is he a good one?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 01:33 AM   #22
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Yea, he is pretty good. He has some 16s and 17s and some important skills. A good hire I think. The next MLS job that comes up will likely go to Bruce Arena.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:00 AM   #23
ausonny
High School Varsity

Nice to see Ross doing well for you. I played against him a few times in high school, marking him in two. He made me look silly now and again, but I always felt I did pretty well. He never scored when I was marking him, so that's a small accomplishment.
ausonny is offline   Reply With Quote