Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2007, 08:37 PM   #51
st.cronin
General Manager

Something like this happened to me back in '01. I was very depressed for a long time. You guys certainly have my sympathy.

knives out

st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:06 PM   #52
TonyR
High School Varsity

Deffinately sad to hear this news. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:01 PM   #53
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Well, here is a brief update....

1) I am working with some of the other directors of the company to purchase it out right. Right now, I am working on the business plan, marketing strategy, and everything else that is needed. I have the total amount of cash needed, and several local investors potentially lined up for this.

2) While I am doing this, I am still looking for a job, just in case. With the company folding, I am only getting one more paycheck, one week after my final payday, I look at myself as 3 weeks without a paycheck.

Ideally, I would like #1 to come into fruition and I am working toward that goal, however it scares the hell out of me starting up and running a company providing the services we are to Wal-Mart. It's why I am still doing stuff for #2.

This has definately been a rollercoaster 2 days.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:18 PM   #54
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Go #1!

Although I am doing #2 already also. This snuck up on my out of the blue, and is a big bite in the butt. I am financially not prepared to miss more then a paycheck or two right now unfortunately.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:52 PM   #55
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Macro let me know if you come up short on funds to purchase the company i have some private investors that could be interested in the right scenario.

Flash pm me your contact info. I have a couple of commercial deal i am working on in Florida and would be interested in working with you if you handle commercial real estate. If not i would pay a nice referal fee for any commercial business you refered.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #56
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Wait a minute. FOFC can fund the purhcase of the company, and we can use it as our revenue stream to purchase our island & carrier.

LOL! A real LOL!
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #57
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Oh, and I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. I'm still reading the thread and am hoping things have gotten better since the first page! Good luck!

Last edited by Mike Lowe : 01-21-2007 at 07:09 AM.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:36 PM   #58
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

So I guess I will give a little mini-update on myself.

I kind of have a job offer (as with most jobs driving that is how it goes because they have to check out your driving record, get a background check done, and have a drug screen done before they can actually commit to you).

The bad news is I think I will have to turn it down. It's a company that does several special events productions. One of the things I see they did this year from their website was the stage for the NFL on Fox Road Show(the stage Terry, Howie, and Jimmy sit on at stadiums). What they are hiring for is to work their Nextel Experience thing that goes to most of the Nextel Cup races. SOme giant setup that requires 7+ trucks to move around and takes two days to set up.

Unfortunately the pay offered is too low, especially considering one expense they expect me to take on myself instead of covering it themselves. So, very cool sounding job, but unless they come up with more money it's going to have to be a no go.

Had another company call me this morning, not sure where that will go. They seem to do some similar things as the one above, but more with product promotion/marketing.

Going to call on another one right now I guess.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:32 PM   #59
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
So I guess I will give a little mini-update on myself.

I kind of have a job offer (as with most jobs driving that is how it goes because they have to check out your driving record, get a background check done, and have a drug screen done before they can actually commit to you).

The bad news is I think I will have to turn it down. It's a company that does several special events productions. One of the things I see they did this year from their website was the stage for the NFL on Fox Road Show(the stage Terry, Howie, and Jimmy sit on at stadiums). What they are hiring for is to work their Nextel Experience thing that goes to most of the Nextel Cup races. SOme giant setup that requires 7+ trucks to move around and takes two days to set up.

Unfortunately the pay offered is too low, especially considering one expense they expect me to take on myself instead of covering it themselves. So, very cool sounding job, but unless they come up with more money it's going to have to be a no go.

Had another company call me this morning, not sure where that will go. They seem to do some similar things as the one above, but more with product promotion/marketing.

Going to call on another one right now I guess.

Good news, I applied to 42 positions here in Utah and around the U.S., so far had one call me back....Senior Business Analyst for a company out of Jacksonville, we will see how it all pans out.

As for re-starting up the company, I have the business plan almost final, and I am waiting to hear back from some people....