Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-15-2007, 09:35 AM   #551
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
You're right, compared to class acts like the Bengals, the Patriots are a disgrace. I'm really ashamed to be rooting for a team with so few arrests.

Yeah, you'd think Dillon would have a drug arrest by now or something. They need to pick it up.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:36 AM   #552
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am glad I got my confirmation on this earlier in the season.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...t=52452&page=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Joey Porter mimicing Culpepper. ROFL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
What is the dfference between mimicing a player and showing up a player? Believe me this is not a question of sour grapes cause the Fish last night and absolutely deserve to lose this game. Plus I am as big a fan of any and all celebrations on the field. I am just curious because I know at some point this season someone is going to "mimic" another player/team and will be ripped for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
It's mimicking if you're the one doing it and you're fans of their team. It's showing up if you're the one being mimicked and are fans of the team whose players are being mimicked.

It's pretty much SOP for many of the Steelers to act like dicks any time they win. In fact, so far as I can tell, it's encouraged. This was no different.

Oh, and nice game Daunte. This was a nice reminder of how bad you actually sucked before the knee injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112 View Post
Oh come on man. It's the first week of the season. Don't blow your 'bitter load' that fast.

Porter was a force last night. He was home; it wasn't in Miami. He was having FUN.

Aside from Porter and a couple over-excited DBs, I can't think of any other Steelers that get jacked up like dicks when they win.

And they certainly don't waist time trying to figure out endzone dances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
I thought it was hilarious. The only ones that care are whiny fans. I seriously doubt any of the Dolphins have a problem with anything that went on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112 View Post
I thoguht it was too. And I will the Steeler fan to admit that I HATE Porter's kick in the dirt move he does. I think that's tacky. Still, the roll mock was a cute gesture. Nothing wrong with making a player eat some crow.

Ward's mock of T.O. 2 years ago was similar.

Guys with moves like that set themselves up for mockery every time they don't step up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Like I said, I have no problem with what he did. I just know that when someone else does something similar later this season (weekend?) they will be extensive calls for rules changes, penalties, and condemnation of the player's soul for the sake of the children who may be watching.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #553
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Uh....I don't thnk there are a bunch of whiny Charger fans here. I see more whiny Patriot haters.

You are correct and I apologize to San Diego fans. It really was a fun, stressful game to watch, and I am disappointed that the Patriots haters are doing their best to wreck it.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:51 AM   #554
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
You are correct and I apologize to San Diego fans. It really was a fun, stressful game to watch, and I am disappointed that the Patriots haters are doing their best to wreck it.

Chargers fans are proabably the classiest fans in the league. Hats off to the Chargers and their fans.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:04 AM   #555
Butter
Coordinator

It was painful to see the Chargers lose like that. But that being said, once Brown made the strip, I knew the game was over even with the Pats down 8. I told my wife right then that the Pats would score, make a stop, then kick a game winning FG.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #556
Desnudo
Coordinator

Did that turn your wife on?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #557
Butter
Coordinator

Of course.