Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-21-2003, 03:29 PM   #1
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Finding a Roommate

As a few of you may know and an even fewer actually care, my wife and I were seperated at the beginning of this year. Due to all of the money that I must now give her and the fact that I still have all of my same old bills I decided to put my house up for sale. Unfortunately it has been 5 months now and not even a single bite on it. I have decided that it is time to go ahead and refinance, and find a roommate to move in with me and share expenses. I have been to a few of the roomate sites available on the net, but I am hesitant to spend money on something when I dont even know if it will work. On top of that I am worried about finding someone who SEEMS normal and then turns out to be a complete psycho. For those of you who have had to find a roommate in the past, how did you go about doing so? Are there resources or online communities out there that are proven and that would be able to help me?

As a side note, if anyone in the Indianapolis area is looking for a roommate, drop me a line. I currently live on the east side of town and I'm only a few minutes from the interstate so it's pretty convenient. Although I guess that rooming with someone from FOFC would eliminate all chances of me finding someone "normal"

mrsimperless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 03:39 PM   #2
Franklinnoble
Banned

Find a few street walkers and set up a brothel. Your house will be paid for in no time.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 03:43 PM   #3
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'd move in with you, but that would make for a hellish commute every day.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 03:44 PM   #4
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
I'd move in with you, but that would make for a hellish commute every day.

Actually, Mars is only two exits from where I work, so we could carpool. Or were you from Krypton? I always get those two confused.
Old 05-21-2003, 04:43 PM   #5
44Niners
In The Penalty Box

Just a thought (having gone through all of this myself about three years ago)

You could rent out your house (which not only helps you pay the mortgage, but maintains your investment)

and simple rent out a much smaller appartment for yourself.
I don't know about you, but I was not interested in roomates at that point in my life.
44Niners is offline   Reply With Quote