Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-19-2003, 10:58 AM   #1
Swaggs
Coordinator

OT: RWBL Looking for Two New Owners for OOTP League

The Real World Baseball League, an OOTP5 baseball league founded by and mostly occupied by FOFCers since May of 2002, is in the midst of its 6th season and we are looking for two new owners to take over two very different teams.

The Texas Rangers have finished in first place for the past five seasons, and are in comfortable position to do so again this season with about 30 games left in the 2007 season. They are led by the best player in the game, 32-year old Alex Rodriguez, who leads one of the best offenses in the league. A good team to come in and compete with right away.

The Baltimore Orioles are the polar opposite of the Rangers, in that they have finished in 4th or 5th place in every RWBL season. However, they do have the top minor league system in the RWBL, with a plethora of young pitching. A great team to rebuild with.

We are looking for an FOFCer that is willing to be an active board participant, has AOL Instant Messenger, OOTP5, and is not HornsManiac or one of his aliases (we have been HM-free for nearly one full year and several RWBL seasons!). We have a great team of owners and we have received praise for our stable of outstanding sports writers, so we are looking to add and grow upon that base.

If you are interested, please check out the RWBL website and messageboard. Email me at [email protected] with any ownership inquires or questions.

Thanks.

Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 11:14 AM   #2
BFleming
H.S. Freshman Team

As a new member myself, I'd just like to add that I've been having a blast so far, and I would definitely suggest anyone curious give it a serious look. Even taking over a team that started with only 20 players and no minor league system(Like my D'Backs team) to speak of, it's still quite easy to get in and get acquainted..Like I said, if you're curious at all, give it a look, you never know, you just might have fun...lol
BFleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 11:28 AM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Just curious...I was looking over the Rangers' roster and some of the pitchers in particular. Is there a reason why none of the starters show any games started for the past few years? Is that a bug, or did something get erased? Like I said, I was just curious because I've never seen anything like that in my leagues, but then again, I don't play in an online league.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 11:32 AM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ksyrup, which pitchers? There are a few pitchers on their roster that are rookies in their first year up. If you look at other pitchers on their roster like Brad Penny, you should see their past seasons listed.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 11:40 AM   #5
Ksyrup

I see their past seasons listed, but Brad Penny and Mike Thurman, in particular, have "0" next to their games started from 2002-2006. Everything else appears to be in order, it's just that one stat appears to be missing.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 05-19-2003 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:41 AM   #6
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Oh weird.. I see now. I bet it was a bug in importing from ootp4. I think I remember seeing some things like that before.. I am guessing here, but probably any league imported from ootp4 to 5 might have that issue..

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 03:18 PM   #7
Swaggs
Coordinator

It did indeed happen upon the switchover from OOTP4 tp OOTP5.

Ksyrup, if you take over the Rangers, you get to beat up on ChiefRum and the Angels several times a season.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:31 PM   #8
Daimyo
College Starter

From what I've heard that isn't really a bug, but just occurs because OOTP4 didn't track GS from season to season and OOTP5 does.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 03:31 PM   #9
Ksyrup

I'm sorry, I can't, at least not right now. Oddly, I've never been much interested in online leagues, but even if I was, right now is not a good time for me. I've got a big computer problem and am looking at a complete system recovery in order to fix it (I hope). So I'll be busy over the next week making sure I have all of the necessary info, programs, and documents off of the computer in order to do it. Not fun.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:39 AM   #10
Swaggs
Coordinator

and...bump. We were quickly able to fill our previous holes with Marmel and vtub, but we now need one more owner.

Last night, we lost another owner in HellAtlantic, so we have one more opening, which will hopefully be our last for awhile.

The Twins have been somewhat financially mismanaged for the past few seasons, so they are not in the best shape in that aspect. However, they do have some real talent in SP C.C. Sabathia, OF Ichiro Suzuki, and DH Mike Cuddyer. This is a team that will need a strong GM to determine whether to blow the team up and rebuild, or make the necessary moves to put them into their division's elite.

Please email myself at [email protected] or bsak at [email protected] if you are interested.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:16 AM   #11
Scarecrow
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Swaggs
and...bump. We were quickly able to fill our previous holes with Marmel and vtub, but we now need one more owner.

Last night, we lost another owner in HellAtlantic, so we have one more opening, which will hopefully be our last for awhile.

The Twins have been somewhat financially mismanaged for the past few seasons, so they are not in the best shape in that aspect. However, they do have some real talent in SP C.C. Sabathia, OF Ichiro Suzuki, and DH Mike Cuddyer. This is a team that will need a strong GM to determine whether to blow the team up and rebuild, or make the necessary moves to put them into their division's elite.

Please email myself at [email protected] or bsak at [email protected] if you are interested.

Sent you an email. Fixing MIN sounds like fun.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:17 AM   #12
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

we lost Hell Atlantic?
Old 05-21-2003, 12:46 PM   #13
Swaggs
Coordinator

HA quits.
Old 05-21-2003, 01:10 PM   #14
Draft Dodger
Coordinator