Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-18-2006, 12:30 PM   #451
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Can you show me a link where it says the deal was for 1 billion dollars? Everywhere I read it was about 300 million for the 5 year deal.

Ah, you are correct. I got ahold of one of the original articles pre-announcement that had the deal at $1 billion. Your $300 million over 5 years is correct. So they have a net loss of $60 million per season going into the sales cycle. I've also been told since my original post that $35/copy is the cut of the $60 for EA. This does not include development costs either. So......

$60 million / $35 = roughly 1.7 million units.

Note that the development costs and marketing costs are not factored into this equation. This almost confuses me even more. How did EA manage to lose money on Madden last year given these figures? There's no reason that they should have done so.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:50 PM   #452
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6156916.html

Quote:
Electronic Arts' estimate puts latest football game at 2 million copies sold in first week--most ever for 17-year franchise.

Quote:
If Electronic Arts' estimation of the sales success of Madden NFL 07 is accurate, this year's game could be headed to the Hall of Fame in no time. The publisher believes that more than 2 million copies of the game have been sold across all platforms in just its first week of release.

Quote:
This year's first-week sales are up 12 percent over Madden NFL 06's 1.8 million units sold over the same period last year, says EA. Though the franchise has always performed well in retail during its 17-year career, EA's estimation makes Madden NFL 07 the best-selling game in the franchise's history of first-week performance.

It's selling like mad.. what more proof do you need? It will continue to do this every year, it's a fact of sports gaming.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 09-18-2006 at 12:51 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:13 PM   #453
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
It's selling like mad.. what more proof do you need? It will continue to do this every year, it's a fact of sports gaming.

Yes, but you've provided some numbers to back up my point about the boost that never came. EA expected a large increase in the number of units sold once 2K Sports was removed from the equation. They didn't get it in the '06 version and the '07 version hasn't increased sales dramatically either. They basically spent all that money to get a lower return on investment. I just don't get that.

And FWIW, sales don't make a better game. You know as well as I that the quality of the game has gone down quite a bit from an innovation standpoint. It's already starting to catch up with them from a PR standpoint. I seriously doubt they will re-up the contract with the NFL after this one expires because of the cash drain it puts on the company. Ask the Sony PS3 people what happens when you continue to rely on customer loyalty. I have no doubt that the PS3 will be a fine console, but there's far too many gaming companies who are currently relying on the loyalty of the customer and ignoring innovation opportunities.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:35 PM   #454
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
And FWIW, sales don't make a better game. You know as well as I that the quality of the game has gone down quite a bit from an innovation standpoint. It's already starting to catch up with them from a PR standpoint. I seriously doubt they will re-up the contract with the NFL after this one expires because of the cash drain it puts on the company. Ask the Sony PS3 people what happens when you continue to rely on customer loyalty. I have no doubt that the PS3 will be a fine console, but there's far too many gaming companies who are currently relying on the loyalty of the customer and ignoring innovation opportunities.

This comes up on this board everytime we discuss Madden, in relation to reviews, user complaints, etc. but we can state it again:

Opinions you read on the internet (especially negative ones), articles published by the "gaming press," or criticisms you hear that could affect them from a PR standpoint MEAN NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. The Madden fan who seeks realism and accurate sim stats is a tiny, tiny minority. If you took everybody who bitches about Madden on the internet (every year), and made it impossible for them to ever buy the franchise again, the decrease in sales wouldn't be significant enough for EA to think it was more than a rounding error. Not to mention that of all the people I'm talking about who swear that this is the year that they will never buy Madden again...I'd bet that at least 90% of them break down a year later and purchase it.

The exclusive license bought them the ability to not put any innovation into games. EA doesn't care about any of that stuff. Keep those development costs low. They care about sales, and sales only. Once you get that through your head, and understand that EA's goal is not to make the perfect football game, you'll sleep easier.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:18 PM   #455
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Might be too little too late (I think NBA2k7 is going to take up most of my time) but EAMike has released another brief update on the status of the patch or at least the update about the patch (I can't decide which he is saying here):

As of Monday, the 360 patch update is tracking towards the end of the week. As the week progresses I will be following up with a tighter date window and more details.

Thanks.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:18 PM   #456
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
This comes up on this board everytime we discuss Madden, in relation to reviews, user complaints, etc. but we can state it again:

Opinions you read on the internet (especially negative ones), articles published by the "gaming press," or criticisms you hear that could affect them from a PR standpoint MEAN NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. The Madden fan who seeks realism and accurate sim stats is a tiny, tiny minority. If you took everybody who bitches about Madden on the internet (every year), and made it impossible for them to ever buy the franchise again, the decrease in sales wouldn't be significant enough for EA to think it was more than a rounding error. Not to mention that of all the people I'm talking about who swear that this is the year that they will never buy Madden again...I'd bet that at least 90% of them break down a year later and purchase it.

The exclusive license bought them the ability to not put any innovation into games. EA doesn't care about any of that stuff. Keep those development costs low. They care about sales, and sales only. Once you get that through your head, and understand that EA's goal is not to make the perfect football game, you'll sleep easier.

Just ask Sierra and their FPS division. or 3DO and their High Heat series.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 09-18-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #457
Kodos
Resident Alien

Not to defend EA, because they are really fucking up left and right, but companies like Sega aren't any more altruistic than EA. They aren't in it for the love of the game any more than EA is. They're all out to maximize profits.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:22 PM   #458
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Not to defend EA, because they are really fucking up left and right, but companies like Sega aren't any more altruistic than EA. They aren't in it for the love of the game any more than EA is. They're all out to maximize profits.

I believe 2k sports definitly tries to appeal to the "niche" crowd.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:29 PM   #459
Kodos
Resident Alien

And while I have historically preferred Madden over the 2K series, there are definitely things that 2K did 1,000 times better than Madden ever did. Like presentation and things to create immersion.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #460
rexallllsc
Banned

For xbox 360 - can you turn off the Hall of Famers being dumped into the FA pool?
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:04 PM   #461
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I believe if you start your franchise while your gamer profile is level 0, it will prevent the HOF players from appearing.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-19-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:07 PM   #462
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
I believe if you start your franchise while your gamer profile is level 0, it will prevent the HOF players from appearing.

That's the only way?
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:12 PM   #463
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc View Post
That's the only way?

Yeah. If you have a memory card, you can save your profile to the memory card, then delete it from the harddrive, then re-load the game without the memory card in the xbox 360 and that will work. Start your franchise or SS career at that point and HOF players shouldn't appear. If you don't have a memory card, you'd have to just delete your gamer profile, I believe.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-19-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:30 PM   #464
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Another update. No mention of the patch fixing simulated interceptions.

Here is the update:

** Madden 07 *Patch* updated info!! **
Body: The 360 update is still tracking for end of the week. If anything changes on this, I will let you know.

In updating the experience that you guys have given feedback on, you'll see and experience the following:

- Increased impact of player fatigue in online and head-to-head matches

- Updates for the usage of in game downloadable content

- Updates to ensure recognition of XBOX 360 achievements during online matches

- Correction of "Friendly Quit" pause menu issues

- Optimization of server game reports
Old 09-21-2006, 04:58 PM   #465
Logan
Head Coach

If anyone's planning on trading in an original XBox version of Madden 07, send me a PM before you do. Maybe we can work something out where I can give you more than you would get in a trade-in.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:32 AM   #466
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

So are they fixing the legends being in franchise mode? That is kind of a big deal..
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:15 AM   #467
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
So are they fixing the legends being in franchise mode? That is kind of a big deal..

I doubt it. They insist that is an intended feature, and they have given a workaround (even though it is annoying) for those who don't want that "feature."
Old 09-22-2006, 07:14 PM   #468
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I haven't really followed the release all that much. Could you tell me the workaround, or maybe a link?
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:21 PM   #469
Kodos
Resident Alien

I downloaded the demo. It's too bad there are so many problems with the game, because I like how it plays and it looks nice.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:29 PM   #470
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
I haven't really followed the release all that much. Could you tell me the workaround, or maybe a link?

You have to start a franchise with either the default rosters or the online downloadable rosters while your Madden Gamer Level is 0. Make sure you save it after starting it. It's only if you play Exhibition or online games and get your gamer level to 1 or above before starting your Franchise or SS career that the HOF players will appear in a franchise.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-23-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:42 PM   #471
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I doubt it. They insist that is an intended feature, and they have given a workaround (even though it is annoying) for those who don't want that "feature."

It's things like this that boggle my mind. I want to play a game of "real" football not some fantasy game. I mean if you fucked it up just say so and then give the work around. But admitting you designed something like this is, at least to me, worse than admitting you fucked it up.

If it's in the game it's in the game. Yeah right. I've got to remember to watch the Rams next game to see how many sacks Deacon Jones gets
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:54 PM   #472
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Patch is live. Supposedly, it fixes:

- Increased impact of player fatigue in online and head-to-head matches
- Updates for the usage of in game downloadable content
- Updates to ensure recognition of XBOX 360 achievements during online matches
- Correction of "Friendly Quit" pause menu issues
- Optimization of server game reports

http://www.madden04.com/maddenplane...159909767.shtml

FWIW, I doubt any of the fixes above. The only thing I've seen is being able to see when your players are tired. Not only that but I haven't seen a list of fixes on EA's official Madden forum. EAMike just makes a post that the patch is live...
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #473
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've read it's a joke. Pretty much sums up the game. That's ok, it's back on the Gamestop shelves where it belongs.

It's almost to the point with me and EA where I used to be a, "game not company" person, but maybe it's time I stop buying anything this company makes.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:41 PM   #474
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I've read it's a joke. Pretty much sums up the game. That's ok, it's back on the Gamestop shelves where it belongs.

It's almost to the point with me and EA where I used to be a, "game not company" person, but maybe it's time I stop buying anything this company makes.

You bought EA NHL 2007
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:12 PM   #475
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
You bought EA NHL 2007

Sure did and like it... but after reading thoughts on this patch that took how long? I'm tired of EA. .. and I have no problems supporting 2k and games like NHL and NBA if that's what it takes... good thing is, I can stick with text sims for most of my favorite sports.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:44 PM   #476
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm certainly pissed off at EA too, but I had 20 minutes to kill before dinner was ready and that isn't enough time for a game of NBA 2k7. So, I just downloaded the patch and played a quarter. I have to say, I like how it played. Westbrook definitely was tired after only 4 consecutive touches (his endurance was a little yellow after 3 touches.) McNabb also got tired after a few scrambles in a row. Also, my O-line was getting tired. That being said, I'm not sure fatigue is working or if it is my imagination that the tired Westbrook looked a bit slower.

I thought about trading in Madden when I got NBA 2k7, but it's just enough money to make it worthwhile. If nothing else, I'll play it when I get a bad football itch, or if the Madden itch strikes next year (since I'm going to force myself to wait at least a week after release to give time for glitches to be revealed before I buy even if people are giving it glowing reviews.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-04-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:52 PM   #477
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm certainly pissed off at EA too, but I had 20 minutes to kill before dinner was ready and that isn't enough time for a game of NBA 2k7. So, I just downloaded the patch and played a quarter. I have to say, I like how it played. Westbrook definitely was tired after only 4 consecutive touches (his endurance was a little yellow after 3 touches.) McNabb also got tired after a few scrambles in a row. Also, my O-line was getting tired. That being said, I'm not sure fatigue is working or if it is my imagination that the tired Westbrook looked a bit slower.

I thought about trading in Madden when I got NBA 2k7, but it's just enough money to make it worthwhile. If nothing else, I'll play it when I get a bad football itch, or if the Madden itch strikes next year (since I'm going to force myself to wait at least a week after release to give time for glitches to be revealed before I buy even if people are giving it glowing reviews.)

is that fatigue in franchise mode that's fixed? or just exhibition? cuz i can't seem to get fatigue in franchise mode to matter at all...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #478
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Fatigue was fixed in franchise mode as well as online. I guess you have to change your autosub sliders to get it to work with some players. Stamina seems to be playing a huge factor (more than any version I've seen) in how much your players get subbed out.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #479
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
is that fatigue in franchise mode that's fixed? or just exhibition? cuz i can't seem to get fatigue in franchise mode to matter at all...

Yes, I was playing a franchise game (pre-season.) Westbrook had a catch for 10 yards, a run for 4 or 5 yards, and a catch for 5 yards. He was down 2 bars at that point. I ran him another time for 3 yards and he subbed out but I had the sub out point raised to 75%.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:36 PM   #480
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Chodite on Maddenmania posted this link:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/04/eas-premium-ripoff/

Quote:
Electronic Arts released today a set of video strategy guides for NCAA 07 Football and Madden NFL 07 over Xbox Live. Each five-minute tutorial costs 160 MS points ($2.00) and covers either Running, Passing, Run Defense, or Pass Defense.

While $2.00 is relatively cheap, a tutorial is a feature of the game that should be included when you buy it, especially at $60. On top of that, tutorials (video and otherwise) are available all over the internet for the low, low price of nil. GameFaqs has an enormous .txt strategy guide, 1UP has an in-depth guide of Madden NFL 06, and both IGN and Madden Planet have video tutorials that you can use for free. Not only that, but with these guides you can play Madden on your Xbox 360 while reading/viewing the free guides, making their application that much more pertinent.

We decided to try one of the videos out, purchasing a Passing strategy guide for Madden NFL 07. The 246.34 MB downloaded provided little that would help our game. The video depicts a series of in-game passes with the occasional overhead view; once or twice arrows and yellow circles were used to highlight a player but it did not complement the announcer. To understand the voice-over commentary, it is assumed that you have a good grasp on formation and position terminology. If "using the safety to cover the back" goes over your head, this video is not for you -- then again, if you are well-versed in football slang, you will likely learn nothing new anyways.

The end of the video gives you four bullet points that sums up the entire tutorial:
Use screens to slow down the blitz
Key on MLB to make your man or zone reads
Use your hot routes to attack defensive mismatches
Use route combinations to impose your will on teh defense
Remind us again why we spent money on this? Even at only $2.00 per video (for a total of $16.00), these tutorials seem like a waste of cash.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:11 PM   #481
Kodos
Resident Alien

If only they hadn't gotten the NFL exclusive license, I'd probably still like EA, because they would be forced to actually try.

Sigh.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:52 PM   #482
Kodos
Resident Alien

I keep getting tempted to buy this stupid game. I just want a next-gen NFL game!
Old 10-25-2006, 09:56 PM   #483
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I keep getting tempted to buy this stupid game. I just want a next-gen NFL game!

Too bad there's no NFL 2k football game out this year on the 360.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:27 AM   #484
Groundhog
Coordinator

NBA Live stinks and has for over half a decade now but I always enjoy Madden, though it might be because I'm a casual NFL fan and a rabid NBA fan, causing me not to notice the flaws with Madden as much.

At least 2K sports have released basketball products that are now widely accepted as being superior to the Live/March Madness products, and they've done this by doing everything EA hasn't done (ie. by making a game that actually plays like professional/college basketball, rather than a glorified And-1 mix tape). The might push EA to improve their games, but honestly, I think it's too late now has 2K have stolen a lot of NBA Live supporters.

What I'd love, and what I was hoping would come out of the EA-NFL license debacle, is for a company like 2K to take a chance and make a football game anyway, though with a twist. Take a look at that other football game that came out last year (can't recall the name, Blitz or something? The one that had storylines, violence, etc), and build something similar to that. Put in fake teams, fake players, exaggerate the gameplay a little (bigger hits, more injuries, though don't go overboard, just make it unique from the NFL), and work heavily on the multiplayer aspect with leagues. It could be a major hit and a lot more fun than forcing yourself through a buggy Madden each and every year.

The fact of the matter is that only EA can make NFL games, and it's unfortunate but it's not going to change, so 2K (or someone else) should at least provide a decent alternative, with just enough changes to make it interesting enough to grab over EA's NFL game.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:19 AM   #485
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I believe that 2k is putting out a football game next year called Legends or something.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:45 AM   #486
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I believe that 2k is putting out a football game next year called Legends or something.

That is a widely circulated rumor, but certainly not confirmed yet. Personally, I doubt they do it, although I hope they do.

Even with NBA 2k7 having the superior gameplay, NBA Live this year has a 64% share of the market. NBA 2k7 only has about 32-33%. Of course, this is a huge improvement from previous years where Live had over 85% of the market share.

Edited to add: Blitz will be out again this year, but until it has 11 on 11 and at least a bit more of a franchise, I'm not interested in buying that.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-26-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:56 AM   #487
Kodos
Resident Alien

Even if they took Madden 2006 from the PS2 and prettied it up on the 360, I'd be happy enough.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #488
Spree
n00b

Even those who incessantly complain about EA as if it were the epitome of corporate anal raping still play its f|_|cking games. Frankly, it's like hating the Jessica Simpson song "Boots Are Made For Walkin'" but still whacking off to the video. For shame.

Quote:
I'm certainly pissed off at EA too, but I had 20 minutes to kill before dinner was ready and that isn't enough time for a game of NBA 2k7. So, I just downloaded the patch and played a quarter. I have to say, I like how it played.

You sir, are a sellout. Even it was just 20 minutes.
Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:02 PM   #489
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
That rumor started after if was announced that EA secured the NFL license.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:18 PM   #490
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
Even those who incessantly complain about EA as if it were the epitome of corporate anal raping still play its f|_|cking games. Frankly, it's like hating the Jessica Simpson song "Boots Are Made For Walkin'" but still whacking off to the video. For shame.

I haven't played it since. However, I really am desperate for a next gen console football experience. I'm going to hold onto the game in case I get tempted to buy next year. Also, I don't think I incessantly complain about EA. In fact, I've been accused of using mad hype skills to promote their games. I'm disappointed with the direction of the next gen releases, and I'm going to wait at least a week before buying the 360 version of Madden next year and I'm only going to buy it then if I've read many good reviews and no glitches mentioned anywhere that would upset me like the interception doubling of this year and the fatigue bug.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:34 PM   #491
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post

I don't consider myself a sellout...however, I still buy Madden because I need an NFL fix. Do I perpetuate the cycle? Sure.

BUT, your analogy (like most) is not the same thing. There is only one NFL game out there. There are a multitude of songs and videos to hate or whack off to. Also, if you check out the EA Boards it's not like the community is not trying to get them to fix the game. Right now if you like football console video games you can either:

a. Not buy Madden and not play anything.
b. Buy Madden, play it, and try to voice your complaints so they'll fix the game next year.

I choose b.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:47 PM   #492
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

My pro football fix has been FOF 2004, but I'm still hoping something is released this year - which I think it will.. to satisfy this year's pro game jonesing I've been having.

My 360 library consists of 2 games now, and I'm quite happy with both. So the rest is text sims on the pc. My next pc will be geared strictly for text sims. An x2 duo core processor, 4 gig of ram, maybe a raptor 10,000 rpm HD.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:56 PM   #493
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Even with NBA 2k7 having the superior gameplay, NBA Live this year has a 64% share of the market. NBA 2k7 only has about 32-33%. Of course, this is a huge improvement from previous years where Live had over 85% of the market share.

Still a significant drop however. I'm surprised that they are still at 64%. I was in EB Games yesterday asking when 2K7 is released over here (delayed another week...) and the guy behind the coutner said he'd been bombarded with people asking him that very question for the past few weeks. I asked him about NBA Live and if people were buying much of that, and he said he hadn't been asked about NBA Live even once, and had only sold a few copies.

Quote:
Edited to add: Blitz will be out again this year, but until it has 11 on 11 and at least a bit more of a franchise, I'm not interested in buying that.

From what I remember Blitz was a great idea that was poorly executed, with zilch replay value. Lots of potential if they get it right, but I'd rather see someone like 2K take a stab at something similar.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:00 PM   #494
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

LSG bought me Madden 07 for the XBox 360 for Chirstmas. She was really excited about it. She got around to asking me questions about it and I told her I had heard it sucked. So tonight she confessed she bought it for me and was taking it back to the store. I kind of feel bad, but at least I will get a game that I will like and play instead. From now on, I am going to tell her to PM one of the guys on the board for game advice.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:53 AM   #495
Kodos
Resident Alien

I saw it for $40 the other day at Walmart and still was able to resist. For a former EA Whore, I'm pretty proud that I have resisted the 360 version of Madden '07 (actually, all of them, but the 360 is the one that tempted me due to the lure of a next-gen football fix). But so far I am sticking with Madden 2006 PS2.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:54 AM   #496
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm hoping that the PC version drops to $20 soon. When it does, I'll buy it. I'm actually thinking of firing up the 360 version and just trying to enjoy it for what it is, but I haven't brought myself to do it.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:54 PM   #497
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

OK, bumping this once more. Even though the season is almost over, I'm finally ready to play some Madden. Here are my choices:

1) Play the 360 version that I still have.
2) Use this Best Buy gift card from my boss right now to get the PC version.
3) Wait until the PC version drops to $20 and use the gift card on something else.

I don't mind having two versions of the game, especially if the PC version has more features. I also can't think of anything else that I want from Best Buy, so using most of this $50 gift card on the game isn't going to bother me. I just really wonder if the PC version is a better game than the 360 version (as far as gameplay and stats go) and if anyone thinks the price will be dropping within the next week or so.

For the folks who played the PC version, were there any problems with it that I should be aware of?
Old 12-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #498
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I rented the PS2 version for Christmas break and I've had a blast being able to control all the teams for the sole purpose of moving them wherever I want. The stadiums look slightly less generic too, so it's not as if every team is playing in the same cookie cutter park as the next team. Or at least, close anyway.

It's fun enough though.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:55 PM   #499
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
OK, bumping this once more. Even though the season is almost over, I'm finally ready to play some Madden. Here are my choices:

1) Play the 360 version that I still have.
2) Use this Best Buy gift card from my boss right now to get the PC version.
3) Wait until the PC version drops to $20 and use the gift card on something else.

I don't mind having two versions of the game, especially if the PC version has more features. I also can't think of anything else that I want from Best Buy, so using most of this $50 gift card on the game isn't going to bother me. I just really wonder if the PC version is a better game than the 360 version (as far as gameplay and stats go) and if anyone thinks the price will be dropping within the next week or so.

For the folks who played the PC version, were there any problems with it that I should be aware of?

No significant problems with the PC version and some nice mods out there to make stats more realistic. The PC version franchise has many more features and has slightly better gameplay in my opinion. However, the graphics are more akin to the PS2/Xbox version.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:02 PM   #500
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
No significant problems with the PC version and some nice mods out there to make stats more realistic. The PC version franchise has many more features and has slightly better gameplay in my opinion. However, the graphics are more akin to the PS2/Xbox version.
Thanks. I was hoping to hear from you on this one.