Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-12-2006, 07:55 PM   #51
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
In the electric razor crowd, how much are you guys spending on those? I'm guessing if i want to get a good one, its at least $100 or more?
I think I paid about $60 or $70 for my current Norelco, but that was probably at least 5 or 6 years ago. It's cordless, but not a wet/dry or self-cleaning or anything like that. However, I've been browsing some of the new ones, and you can get the wet/dry ones for well under $100 now. The self-cleaning ones are more expensive, but I don't see any reason to pay more for one of those. It's not like it's hard to clean, nor do you have to clean it that often.

Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #52
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I don't really care about all the special features or anything, my main concern is that I dont necessarily have to shave every day, nor do i like to. When i had an electric a few years back, if I had any type of longer stubble at all, It was a major pain to geta clean shave. Which is why i like the blades.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:57 PM   #53
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I've thought about going to the wet/dry electric. Only problem is that it usually takes me 15-20 minutes to get a decent shave with an electric, which is too long.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:10 AM   #54
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
I don't really care about all the special features or anything, my main concern is that I dont necessarily have to shave every day, nor do i like to. When i had an electric a few years back, if I had any type of longer stubble at all, It was a major pain to geta clean shave. Which is why i like the blades.
I have that problem too, but I recently started using some pre-shave for electric razers. I was surprised at how well it works. I was getting some really bad razer burn going over my neck trying to get the tough stubble, but after using this stuff I get a pretty close shave and no irritation.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:42 AM   #55
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
For the past month or so, our area Wal Marts and Sam's Clubs have not had any Shick Quattro razors in stock. None. At the same time, they have featured the new Gillette Fusion and the Mach 3s.

Coincidence? I think not.

I don't think it's a conspiracy. I heard that Gillette is suing Schick claiming the Quattro is copyright infringement of their Mach 3. I haven't been following the case, so maybe there's movement with the litigation.

As for Wal-Mart, I don't think the following is what is going on with Schick, but Wal-Mart has been known to delist SKUs punitively for a few weeks or so, if a manufacturer is being particularly intransigent in Wal-mart's eyes...
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:02 PM   #56
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6
I have that problem too, but I recently started using some pre-shave for electric razers. I was surprised at how well it works. I was getting some really bad razer burn going over my neck trying to get the tough stubble, but after using this stuff I get a pretty close shave and no irritation.

I've been thinking about getting some of that 'Lectric Shave stuff. Now that I hear that it actually works I think I'll pick some up tonight...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:34 PM   #57
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
There's plenty of items that I "have to have," but I feel like I pay a much bigger premium for razors than anything else. Plus, the introduction of a new item (ie the Fusion), doesn't bring down the cost of the older ones (ie Mach 3 Turbo blades). I can't think of any other product that applies to.

I found this thread since I was thinking about buying an electric. Anyway, 10 months have passed, and I still can't think of a product that doesn't come down in price when something "better" is introduced.

Answer?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:50 AM   #58
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I found this thread since I was thinking about buying an electric. Anyway, 10 months have passed, and I still can't think of a product that doesn't come down in price when something "better" is introduced.

Answer?
Cars?

Gillette knows what it is doing. Why would they push new products into the market and cut the profitability of it's old products if consumers are still going to pay that price?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:04 PM   #59
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7 View Post
Cars?

Gillette knows what it is doing. Why would they push new products into the market and cut the profitability of it's old products if consumers are still going to pay that price?

Customers still pay the price because that's the price Gillette sets. When a new TV, stereo, DVD, George Foreman grill, vacuum, etc comes out, the older models /editions drop in price. For some reason, this typical economic phenomenon doesn't reach razor blades.

As for cars...when the 2007 editions of cars are about to hit the dealers' lots, and they still have plenty of 06's in stock, they'll slash prices to clear the room, even if it results in selling below cost.

Last edited by Logan : 12-20-2006 at 05:06 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote