Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-14-2000, 08:16 PM   #1
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Post 2 point Issues

2 2-point issues:

1) I'm seeing a fair number of safeties caused by holding in the end zone. Enough to note.

2) I'm seeing a lot of 2-point conversions. This might not seem bad except that they come at the weirdest times. For example, I had a game log that started off:

Field Goal
Field Goal
Touchdown
Missed 2-point conversion

Why go for 2 when you are up 12-0 early in the game? This then leads to a cascade of 2-point conversion attempts for the rest of the game. It seems like the computer goes for 2 based strictly on the points lead without considering the situation.

gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2000, 09:10 PM   #2
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by gstelmack:
2 2-point issues:

1) I'm seeing a fair number of safeties caused by holding in the end zone. Enough to note.

Not to completely disagree but in my first five seasons, I have yet to see one in any of my games.

Todd

Old 11-14-2000, 10:40 PM   #3
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I too have been noticing more than a normal amount of holding int he endzone safty calls.

For what its worth.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2000, 11:09 AM   #4
Kimmer
n00b

For that matter, I coach my own games. I scored on a pass play from Harbaugh to Thigpen, then went for the 2pt conversion on a run by Ron Dayne.

The result? Failed conversion, incomplete pass to Thigpen.

HUH???
Kimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2000, 03:07 PM   #5
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Kimmer, on a somewhat related note:

I was messing around and set all run percentages to 0%, and the passing distribution to 100% 31+ yards.

Now, I expected some rushing yards based on the QB scrambling for yards when nobody was open, but a few times a game the ball was handed off to my running back.

Also, there were a few plays per game where the pass was for short (or shorter than 31) yards. I guess this is because everyone deep was well covered.

My point is that I don't think the percentages are a perfect science. Even though I put 0% running, there will be some runs because that 0% is just a close estimate.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote