Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-18-2003, 03:29 AM   #1
mrskippy
Banned

OT -- Looking for an old (80s) DOS game

OK ... back in the 80s (and even in the early 90s) I played this game that was similar to Concentration.

This thing was no frills (mostly ASCII stuff). You simply matched prizes on a board. And if you couldn't match the computer would go and so on. At the end of the game the person with the most prizes would win. There was no rombus or anything.

Now, this was part of a game pack. It was on a menu of games that included everything from Towers of Hanoi, to Othello, to a really cheesy football game, and probbably a few dozen others.

This thing was monochrome if I remember right and I believe it was on a single disk.

I've tried to find it on the Web, but can't remember the name of the single Concentration game or the name of the entire package of games. I just know this thing was really, really cool. I spent so many hours playing it.

The football game was just old fashioned choose a play and watch it run and it made all sorts of clinky sounds. Nothing special.

I just remember all these games were on a list that would appear on screen and you'd choose by number/or use the cursor to highlight what you wanted.

I used to have the game on a 3 1/2 inch disk when my uncle gave it to me (I had uncovered it somehow at his house years after playing it on someone elses computer).

I loved this thing so much. Hope someone can give me a name, so I can put Google to work.

mrskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 05:15 AM   #2
oykib
College Starter

Have you tried the underdogs, yet?

You can do a search of their website under puzzle games or something.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 07:49 AM   #3
Thomkal
Head Coach

And underdogs I believe has a forum so you can ask there if they don't have it. They are likely to know exactly what you are talking about.

http://www.the-underdogs.org/
Old 05-19-2003, 01:44 AM   #4
mrskippy
Banned

OK Did that. No response so far of course. Bumping though to see if anyone else has any idea of the software I'm looking for.
mrskippy is offline   Reply With Quote