Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-26-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Greatest comeback in Texas high school history

Senator's post about the 45,000+ going to see the Southlake-Trinity game reminded me of another classic high school game played at Texas Stadium back in '94. It was Tyler John Tyler vs. Plano East. I did a YouTube search, and sure enough someone had posted it. Here is a link to a vid of the final few minutes. Simply incredible.

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 11-26-2006 at 03:36 PM.
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:40 PM   #2
rexallllsc
Banned

oh man!
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

LOL... I'm sorry, but I HAD to laugh after that huge comeback the other team returns the kickoff for a TD .
Old 11-26-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Kudos, Cartman. I was trying to find this on YouTube a few weeks ago and couldn't find it. I remember watching this on SportsCenter when I was in college. Amazingly enough, I think ESPN showed more of the highlights than are even in this clip. One of the play-by-play guys admonished all the Plano East fans who had left the game, calling them out for "giving up on your kids!" For the next year, whenever we were watching a game or playing Sega and there was big comeback we would start yelling "giving up on your kids!"

That and "Jesus good god almighty."
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:38 PM   #5
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

I was accidentally at this game. It was one of the wildest endings I had ever seen. I mean, for 3 3/4 quarters you were just waiting for the clock to run out, and then they started the comeback, only to lose.

It was the second best high school game I ever witnessed, bumped only by the Vernon vs Southlake Carrol game from around '98.

Thanks for digging this up, it brought back many memories. We had about a 2 hour drive home after the game, and the three guys I was with, none of us said a word. We just kept looking at each other and shaking our head.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:47 PM   #6
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
It was the second best high school game I ever witnessed, bumped only by the Vernon vs Southlake Carrol game from around '98.

Vernon and Southlake played a lot of great games when they were both in 3A. Was it maybe the '92 playoff game in Bedford when the final score was 39-35? If I remember, Southlake was losing by 9 or 10 at halftime, their first time to trail during a game in over two seasons.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:51 PM   #7
Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Vernon and Southlake played a lot of great games when they were both in 3A. Was it maybe the '92 playoff game in Bedford when the final score was 39-35? If I remember, Southlake was losing by 9 or 10 at halftime, their first time to trail during a game in over two seasons.

That is the one, with Dexter Butler the stud RB from Vernon. I didn't think it was 92, I thought it was later than that. It was so crowded at that game, they could not have squeezed one more person in. Butler was a one man wrecking ball, and then he fumbled going into the Southlake endzone as the game was winding down.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 11-26-2006, 04:56 PM   #8
Senator

Dola,

I was sitting here thinking about it, and you know what, it sure might have been '92. Wow, time can just vault past you!

Old 11-26-2006, 05:02 PM   #9
Philliesfan980
Banned

We're going to celebrate.. break out the oreo's baby.

OH NO.. NO.. NO...

Pwned
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:53 PM   #10
JeffNights
College Prospect

"I think I wet my britches!"

HAHAHA

PWNED indeed
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:35 AM   #11
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

This game actually made the Damn Sports Show/Fox Sports list of sports all-time fantastic finishes. It was number 20-something. They showed all the kicks and the runback. Pretty amazing. Good golly almighty, I just went in my britches.

Last edited by Vinatieri for Prez : 11-27-2006 at 02:40 AM.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:08 AM   #12
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

PWNED indeed. youch what a painful finish.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:11 AM   #13
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

worst announcers ever.