Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-25-2006, 01:10 PM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

BYU vs Utah - If anyone cares (And a little Jazz chest thump)

Well, the game in this state is dubbed the Holy War and has been quite brutal at times. Lately Utah has dominated the Cougars regardless, now BYU is sitting at 9 - 2, as they have managed to stomp all competition in the cruddy Mountain West this season.

Their 2 losses, against a Arizona (16 - 13) team that has proven they can play tough and hang in there with the best of the PAC-10 and to a ranked Boston College (30 - 23) team in double OT.

Now by all means we should blow out Utah with the way they have played, but I am worried as hell that my Cougars will choke this one and give the ugly Utes a reason to cheer and end their season happy about.

We are in the Vegas bowl we are more than likely staring at a rematch with Arizona, and I think we need to go out on the up....

On top of that....the Utah Jazz are 12 - 1 with the NBA Best record right now and with Williams and Boozer a lot of people are starting to compare it to the Malone and Stockton era...they have a long ways to go, but dang the team is looking good right now..

MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:15 PM   #2
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post

On top of that....the Utah Jazz are 12 - 1 with the NBA Best record right now and with Williams and Boozer a lot of people are starting to compare it to the Malone and Stockton era...they have a long ways to go, but dang the team is looking good right now..

How is Ronnie Brewer doing? I heard he did ok in his first start but I don't follow the NBA and don't hear much about the Jazz even if I did.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:16 PM   #3
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Sorry , rooting for Utah in this one.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:18 PM   #4
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Brewer is doing ok, and is a starter for us at the 2 spot, however he does rotate with others a lot, Sloan has been playing the rookies more than he usually has before, but Paul Millsap is the one shocking a lot of people right now as he has been pivotal with his play coming off of the bench...
Old 11-25-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
Sorry , rooting for Utah in this one.

Yeah, just like I am anti-Hawaii this season....Colt Brennan is playing out of his head, but the fact he escaped his criminal proceedings in Colorado and is still playing ball shocks me....

Beck should be up for the O'Brien instead of Brennan....

Other than that, Hawaii is one of my favorite teams and has been for a long time...the rivalry between the Y and Hawaii is awesome and I hope it resurrects again.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:21 PM   #6
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Totally agree (with the rivalry stuff ), I really hope the schools put aside their differences and renew that matchup every year.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:25 PM   #7
JeeberD
General Manager

After seeing Milsap more times than I would have liked when he was at LaTech, I'm not at all surprised he's doing well in the NBA. Yeah, he may be a bit undersized but the dude can PLAY.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 03:17 PM   #8
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

the rout looks to be on, BYWHO up 14-0
Old 11-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #9
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

err or not, 14-10 at halftime lol.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:21 PM   #10
BYU 14
Coordinator

Not holding up to my first quarter hopes but this is to be expected, these two always go at it hard and I am worried that Beck is rattled now......The first drive of the third will be huge, we need a stop...I won't be able to stand a 5th straight loss in the holy war!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 05:59 PM   #11
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

helluva game,wow byu pulled it out

Last edited by k0ruptr : 11-25-2006 at 05:59 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:09 PM   #12
waltwal
H.S. Freshman Team

it was a great game. i think any football coach who views this game will pledge that they will rush the Qb with at least 4 guys at the end of a half or game. then the next week they will go out and rush 2 completely drained guys in a critical situation and lose the game.
waltwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:34 PM   #13
BYU 14
Coordinator

Holy Shit!!! talk about nuts!!!!, my kid had to work at 5, my wife was on the phone long distance so she couldn't take him. Couldn't wait any longer so I have to TIVO the last 45 seconds...................

The whole 20 minutes I was gone taking him to work I am ready totally frayed, cursing, cause those F'n Utes are going to pull one out of their Asses again. Plus pissed on top of that cause I can't even watch the end of the game live.

Well, just got done replaying it and what a mood swing. I am now ecstatic cause I have this ending TIVOed for eternity!! This finish has to rival the McMahon hail mary in the 1980 Holiday Bowl, and best of all it came against Utah!!

Last edited by BYU 14 : 11-25-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:13 PM   #14
MacroGuru
Coordinator

You betcha!

I just had the last of the gang leave here all elated, yet stressed, total emotions in all realms, Beck just got the "Can't win the close one" Monkey off of his back.

Onto the Las Vegas bowl, if AZ wins we play them, if not UCLA and a former cougar who transferred after his mission in Ben Olson........

It's a good thing I am a different fan than most BYU fans, cause I am gonna drink a few to celebrate this one tonight!
Old 11-25-2006, 07:26 PM   #15
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
You betcha!
It's a good thing I am a different fan than most BYU fans, cause I am gonna drink a few to celebrate this one tonight!

A valuable trait I share with you in times like this
Old 11-25-2006, 07:27 PM   #16
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
A valuable trait I share with you in times like this

Awesome!!

It's going to be even more scary for me to move up to Buffalo.....
Old 11-25-2006, 07:32 PM   #17
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Awesome!!

It's going to be even more scary for me to move up to Buffalo.....

Kind of how it is for me here in Phoenix, always funny how people look at me in a sports bar, wearing my BYU swag pounding down Beers....LOL