Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-16-2003, 01:58 PM   #51
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by Marmel
To be a bit more exact, Kodos will change his team alliances based on a single player, coach, or a change in wind direction. By the time Kodos is 40 years old, he will have been a fan of every single sports franchise in North America.

Jackass.

I am the opposite of a bandwagon fan. My loyalties just happen to lie with actual players/coaches, and not what city the team is in. If you want to root for rapists/wife beaters/murderers/drug dealers just because they happen to be in your city (for the moment), you go right ahead. I will stay allied with the good guys, even if they switch teams. And I will always stand against sports evil like Jimmy Johnson and his criminal-ridden teams. So you and Horned may say whatever you like.

Oh, and Syracuse will never win another national championship in basketball. I guarantee it!

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 02:15 PM   #52
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bishop
There's absolutely nothing wrong with giving props to your team after they've had a great run, and the Lakers have... but its just irritating, not just this thread but all the others... Nobody has a single thing to say about the Spurs, or the better team winning lastnight.

It's all about how the Lakers won 3 in a row, like they should of got a free pass to the finals or how everyone is so happy that the Lakers lost.

So without a single mention of the Spurs, it does come off as arrogant and disrespectful when they are the team that advanced this time.
You're complaint seems to be a little one-sided though. All of the Laker haters arent saying anything about the Spurs either. So are Laker haters being disrespectful to the Spurs?

For what its worth, heres my take on the Spurs....

I have the utmost respect for them not only this year, but over the past few years. They were clearly the better team this season. In the past seasons when the Lakers defeated them, you didnt see them complaining about the refs or spending the offseason proclaiming themselves as the "Real NBA Champs", like another team. The bad part is, the Spurs look like the Lakers of a couple of years ago. The have a dominating force in Duncan, a good young PG, Ginobilli looks like he is going to be great, etc.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 02:28 PM   #53
Kodos
Resident Alien

Actually, I did compliment the Spurs. Duncan in particular.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:32 PM   #54
heybrad
Norm!!!

Why cant I generalize just like you?
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 02:34 PM   #55
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos

Oh, and Syracuse will never win another national championship in basketball. I guarantee it!

The nice thing is......THEY DON'T HAVE TO!

Boy does it feel soooo good to say that.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 02:44 PM   #56
Kodos
Resident Alien

Bandwagon SU fan!
Old 05-16-2003, 10:14 PM   #57
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I complimented the Spurs as well, and I'm on the other side.

Please, Bishop, don't allow the facts to confuse you in any way.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote