Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-15-2006, 01:20 AM   #1
biological warrior
High School Varsity

Talking Gettysburg Battle Presentation!!!

On Thursday I, along with my whole Military History (Hist 386A) will be re creating -in discussions- the battle of Gettysburg. I, and my crew are tasked with the defense of Culp's and Cemetery Hill. Im fortified and dug in and like the men of Slocum's XII Corps, am prepared for the onslaught.

Plus there's a cite librarian type shy young lady who I am guiding through the military terminology, and explaining her positions relevance along Cemetery Ridge.

biological warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:34 AM   #2
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

I live 20 minutes from Gettysburg. I like it there alot
Old 11-15-2006, 08:59 AM   #3
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by biological warrior View Post
On Thursday I, along with my whole Military History (Hist 386A) will be re creating -in discussions- the battle of Gettysburg. I, and my crew are tasked with the defense of Culp's and Cemetery Hill. Im fortified and dug in and like the men of Slocum's XII Corps, am prepared for the onslaught.

:fap

:fap
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Plus there's a cite librarian type shy young lady who I am guiding through the military terminology, and explaining her positions relevance along Cemetery Ridge.

Do I need to ask? Do I REALLY need to ask?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #5
biological warrior
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Do I need to ask? Do I REALLY need to ask?

Come on it was late at night when I typed that post. On a related note; we both discussed the battle in detail today in a secluded section of the library, and needless to say I enlightened her with my deep knowledge of the battle and we both came out with a better understanding of the battle in question.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:40 PM   #6
Groundhog
Coordinator

The South will boogie again!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:42 PM   #7
biological warrior
High School Varsity

On a serious note though: I didnt realize how much I know about the battle oF Gettysburg compared to others in the class (including the current prospect; who has a 4.05 gpa) ad the scary thing is that most people in the class are majoring in US HISTORY. I was amazed how many have never even heard of Gettysburg and its importance...
Old 11-16-2006, 07:54 AM   #8
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I've learned that if you have a depth of knowledge on any subject you'll be amazed at how many people know less about that subject. We're a nation of headline knowledge.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:57 AM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
On a serious note though: I didnt realize how much I know about the battle oF Gettysburg compared to others in the class (including the current prospect; who has a 4.05 gpa) ad the scary thing is that most people in the class are majoring in US HISTORY. I was amazed how many have never even heard of Gettysburg and its importance...

Where do you live? From my experience, people who live near Civil War battles sites seem to know a LOT more about the Civil War than those outside of it. West Coasters, for instance, tend to know a lot less about the Civil War than people in Virginia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:47 AM   #10
biological warrior
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Where do you live? From my experience, people who live near Civil War battles sites seem to know a LOT more about the Civil War than those outside of it. West Coasters, for instance, tend to know a lot less about the Civil War than people in Virginia.
I live in Henderson, a suburb f Las Vegas, NV. I agree with you, but... I couldn't believe that even the girl, and most people didnt even know ''who won the battle, and its importance.'' But, eh... at least now she knows.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:39 AM   #11
biological warrior
High School Varsity

The presentation is in 6 Hours and were having a last minute meeting before class. I ll let you guys know how things turned out. ;-)
Old 11-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #12
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Dad, I think he's gonna pork her.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:55 PM   #13
biological warrior
High School Varsity

The presentation went off without a hitch. I talked about the strategic importance of Culps and Cemetery hill (due to 3 roads converging into Cemetery Hill, and clear fields of Fire it provided to batter Picketts charge), and she, with my help, talked about THE ANGLE and the importance of Cemetery Ridge. Afterwards she couldnt thank me enough while we enjoyed a well deserved cup of coffee at the Book & Bean. All in All, a good endo to the week...
Old 11-17-2006, 07:32 PM   #14
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

shit. how did i miss this thread??? AWESOME
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote