Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-01-2003, 06:02 PM   #51
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Outgoing

Manny Barrett left for 8K. I didn't use him, and wanted to trim to salary, which was high for a guy riding the bench.

Stefan Andersson left for 133K. Not the windfall I was hoping for, but I wanted this money. One more Stefan Andersson and I'll be home free.

Incoming!!!

Christian King (11346730)
17 years, passable form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is balanced and honest.
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Nationality: England
Assessed value: 30 000 US$

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: poor
Winger: inadequate Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: disastrous

Just a trainee. I'm considering making the 4-4-2 my new formation, so another trainee is needed.

Maarten Bosch (11346989)
17 years, passable form, healthy

A popular guy who is temperamental and honest.
Has disastrous experience and disastrous leadership abilities.

Nationality: Nederland
Assessed value: 32 000 US$

Stamina: wretched Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: weak
Winger: passable Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: disastrous

This guy will replace Andersson in the lineup. He's more of a true winger, but will require training before we start saying "Stefan who?".

Proud Manager of the BOSTON WYCKYD SCEPTRE
Also attempting to Right The Ship with the Clippers

RonnieDobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 01:14 PM   #52
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Good luck this weekend

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:55 AM   #53
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Training Update

Good training week for us, as both Christopher Bollinger (18 year old solid) and Dan Kamp (17 year old passable) had bumps in their defensive ability. Both were promptly sent to the transfer market, at 80K and 50K respectively. Also, form seems to be stablizing, although Phillip Noel took a dive from solid to passable.

Next: A Preview of Week 5 in V.47

Old 05-04-2003, 12:10 PM   #54
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Thanks Airhog, unlike you I'll need luck this week.

Game of the Week
WalleyeUSA @ Boston Wyckyd Sceptre

WalleyeUSA Last Game Ratings
Midfield: weak
Right Side Defence: outstanding
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: weak

This is going to be a loss for us, I think. They have a tough midfield and defense, both noticably better than mine. We are teams with the same strengths, although they have a greater magnitude.

Like the Raider$, the Walleye have a tendency to abandon their left wing, sending an extra IM and a winger towards middle. Obvoiusly, this will toughen up their midfield, but might also expose an area I can exploit. I set my men to offensive on my right to try to go after them.

GK - Noel
WB - Bosch (offensive), Nyholt
CD - Bollinger, Longhurst
W - Coelho (offensive)
IM - Keeler, Henckel, Bruchhaus (offensive)
F - Myselbak, Miklos

Prediction - Walleye 3, Wyckyd Sceptre 1

HelterSkelters - CRiSPyToWN FC
CRiSPy travels to Seattle, and will walk away with an easy win. Actually, all CRiSPy's wins this season will probably be fairly easy, he's head and shoulders above the rest of us.

Oklahoma City Rednecks - Holland United One
Airhog should have an easy time with the new guys. Holland's GM doesn't appear to be completely sold on this game; no transfers yet and logins about once every four days.

Raider$ - Dark Warriors of Eclipse
The Raider$ snap their losing streak against the soon-to-be-replaced DWoE.

Last edited by RonnieDobbs : 05-04-2003 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 12:42 PM   #55
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Youth Pull

Roy Lehman (11509146)
19 years, passable form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is calm and upright.
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Speciality: Quick

Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 17 000 US$
Wage: 580 US$/week
Owner: Boston Wyckyd Sceptre
Warnings: 0

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: wretched
Winger: wretched Defending: inadequate
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: wretched

Since I'm losing two trainees this week, I'm holding on to him. I'll train him to passable and then sell. He holds a special place in my heart as my first valued pull of any kind.

Old 05-04-2003, 08:37 PM   #56
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

League Game #5 - WalleyeUSA @ Boston Wyckyd Sceptre

BOSTON- Riding a two game win streak, the Boston Wyckyd Sceptre play host to the WalleyeUSA in a match between two teams that will be fighting for prize money come the end of the season. The Walleye tied the Oklahoma City Rednecks last week, and that left a sour taste in their mouth.

When we talked pre-game with Coach Dobbs, he said "This is going to be a good game. I think our boys have a shot here. I'm telling them to go out there and play. We need to realize it's a long season, but also that we can't let these games get away from us."

The team is in a bit of disarray, as rumors swirl that Bollinger and Kamp are being shopped to various clubs. "You know I can't comment on that," Dobbs said. "We love these guys. They've played a huge part in turning this team around. But no man is bigger than the team, and that tightwad owner we have is demanding we get solvent, so we'll have to see." Dobbs was later fined by the team for his comments.

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Globo-Chem Center for the Performing Arts saw a crowd turnout of 15958. Sceptre started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. Lineup: Noel - Bosch, Bollinger, Kamp, Nyholt - Coelho, Bruchhaus, Henckel, Keeler - Miklos, Myslbek.

WalleyeUSA had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Daigle - Sahlström, Eggland, Josefsson - Radford, Eriksson, Ahlskär, Ball, Gellért - Norkvist, Örjansson.

The home side put themselves ahead 1-0 in the 3rd by a breakthrough from Carsten Henckel, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper.

In the 4:th minute Sceptres Pavel Miklos received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. WalleyeUSA were forced to a substitution as Tomas Ahlskär couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment.

Rufus Radford was doing a great job at his wing, sending in brilliant passes to his team mates in the middle.

With 20 minutes played Hardi "He's A" Bruchhaus could have brought this one home for Sceptre, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high.

The visitors Örjan Norkvist came close to levelling the score in the 25th minute with a free kick going just wide of the left top corner.

The teams went for a half-time break at 1-0 . Sceptre, bringing the final ball possession rate to 62 percent, dominated the battle.

Hardi "He's A" Bruchhaus increased Sceptres lead to 2-0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right.

As Anders Josefsson had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the WalleyeUSA player a red card without batting an eye.

WalleyeUSA had a good opportunity to reduce the score in the 67:th minute, breathing new life into the game, but the home side´s defenders cleared the ball on the line, after a long range shot coming in from the left, rebounding off the crossbar.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Sceptre´s Anders Nyholt got himself booked. Sceptre held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

Sceptre´s best player was Philip Noel. Christopher Bollinger was a disappointment, however. The most dominating WalleyeUSA player was without a doubt Jimmie Daigle. Edouard Giguère on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2-0.

Boston Wyckyd Sceptre
Midfield: weak
Right Side Defence: inadequate
Central Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: solid
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: wretched

WalleyeUSA
Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: outstanding
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: weak
Central Attack: weak

Match Stars
GK
Noel **~

WB
Bosch **
Nyholt **

CD
Bollinger **
Kamp **

Wing
Coelho **

IM
Bruchhaus **~
Keeler **
Henckel **

Forward
Myselbak **
Miklos **~

Wha' Happened?
We unexpectedly just outplayed them. They didn't use the same tactic that they had been, so all of my machinations were for naught. I have the sneaking suspicious that he PIC against me, and man, did that come back to bite him in the ass. Even better news? My team is jazzed, my stadium almost sold out today, and in three days I should be out of debt. Bling!

Old 05-04-2003, 09:11 PM   #57
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Around the League - Week 5

My game was the only upset, however. They rest were thrashings. All shutouts as well.

HelterSkelter 0 - CRiSPyToWN FC 4
CRiSPy has no problems with HS, and I'm pretty sure he PIC as well.

Oklahoma City Rednecks 3 - Holland United One 0

The new competition (hehe, I'm gunning for you Airhog ) has no problem beating the very green Holland United One. Another PIC shutout, methinks.

Raider$ 2 - Dark Warriors of Eclipse 0
I think Raider$ played this one straight, and got a win over a terrible team. With 9 points they are tied with us, holding a key victory over Airhogs Oklahoma City Rednecks. However, I think they probably outperformed that day. They're decent, but not deserving of being in the prize money chase.

The Table
1. CRiSPyToWN FC (23 - 3)/15

2. Oklahoma City Rednecks (19 - 6)/10
3. Boston Wyckyd Sceptre (10 - 5)/9
4. Raider$ (13 - 14)/9

5. WalleyeUSA (9 - 9)/7
6. HelterSkelters (17 - 10)/6

7. Dark Warriors of Eclipse (5 - 25)/3
8. Holland United One (0 - 24)/0

Look for either WalleyeUSA or HelterSkelters to challenge for prize money and Raider$ to drop off. Otherwise, the table is stabilizing.

Old 05-06-2003, 09:35 PM   #58
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Welcome the Newest Wyckyd Sceptre:

Cyril Carter (8086729) 3
28 years, poor form, injured (3 weeks)

A pleasant guy who is balanced and dishonest.
Has wretched experience and passable leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 7 000 US$
Wage: 650 US$/week

Stamina: disastrous Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: disastrous Passing: passable
Winger: passable Defending: poor
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: wretched

Reasoning behind this guy: I had noticed since selling off Andersson, my previous team leader, that my TS had become a little volatile. I wanted to get a clown, but the market value ones are too much for me. I found one at 5K with a half hour left, but a bidding war soon ensued and he went for 67K to a daytrader. I figure that this guy, bought for 1K, will be a TS "band-aid" until my finances get to the point I can get a real clown.

Old 05-08-2003, 09:40 PM   #59
Airhog
Captain Obvious

good luck this weekend, even though you shouldnt need it

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 03:17 PM   #60
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Friendly vs. Maniacal Misfitz

I've decided to truncate my friendly reports, because nothing of real importance happens in them. My trainees got some playing time, and we lost 3-0. We had a disastrous midfield with our B-Team, so we're going to have to figure something else out of the FOFC Cup coming up. The trainees are looking good though, as they all consistently put up **.

Old 05-09-2003, 03:23 PM   #61
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Welcome the newest Wyckyd Sceptre

Jamison Dyson (1705722)
32 years, passable form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is temperamental and righteous.
Has inadequate experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 101 000 US$
Wage: 1 640 US$/week

Stamina: solid Goaltending: wretched
Playmaking: passable Passing: passable
Winger: poor Defending: poor
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: disastrous

Career Goals: 33
Career Hattricks: 4
League goals this season: 2
Cup goals this season: 1

He cost me 105K, my biggest purchase yet. I'm a little pissed that I allowed myself to bid while drunk, as I don't think otherwise I would have bid on this guy. Hopefully his legs will hold out and he'll be a good OIM for me.

On the Way Out
Sold Christopher Bollinger to Gangstah ASA 126 000 US$ (56 000 US$.

5/7/2003 Sold Dan Kamp to Maccabi Ben-Gur 50 000 US$ (21 000 US$.

Hoped to get more for Kamp, but oh well.

Economy Update
After all is said and done, after this week I will be 14K in debt, which to me is essentially solvent. Boo-ya!

Old 05-09-2003, 03:27 PM   #62
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Training Update

It keeps getting better. Another two bumps, as Anders Nyholt is now a 17 year old passable defender/passable winger, and Taylor Clifton is now a 17 year old passable defender/passable passer. However, for a change, they won't be transfer listed! Now that I'm solvent, I'm keeping these guys and training them up much higher, maybe even keeping them for a long long time.

Form of the A-Team
Solid: IM Bruchhaus, IM Keeler, CD Longhurst
Passable: GK Noel, WB Bosch, IM Henckel, CD Clifton, WB Nyholt, F Myselbak, IM Dyson
Inadequate: F Miklos

Old 05-09-2003, 03:37 PM   #63
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Preview of League Game #6
As Airhog pointed out above, we play an easy team this week, the brand new Holland United One. Their owner logs on about once a week, and has made no transfers. Here is their last week's ratings:

Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: weak
Central Defence: weak
Left Side Defence: weak
Right Side Attack: poor
Central Attack: poor

So, obviously, I'll be PIC. I'm also going to try a bit of a new formation, as the arrival of Dyson will let me move Charles Keeler to the wing where he'll be "towards middle." I'm going to see whether that noticably affects the midfield. The result should be another shutout win for the Sceptre, making it four in a row without being scored upon.

Other League Games
Game of the Week - Oklahoma City Rednecks @ HelterSkelters
This pretty much wins by default, as the rest of us (CRiSPy, myself, and WalleyeUSA) should win in blowouts. This should be a pretty good game, but I think Airhog will be able to pull it out.

Predicted Final - Oklahoma City Rednecks 2, HelterSkelter 1

Dark Warriors of Eclipse @ CRiSPyToWN
CRiSPy destroys the DWoE.

Raider$ @ WalleyeUSA
Should be a better game than mine or CRiSPy's but still Walleye will handily come out on top.

Old 05-13-2003, 10:46 AM   #64
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

League Game #6 - Boston Wyckyd Sceptre @ Holland United One

BOSTON- Riding a three game winning streak, the Boston Wyckyd Sceptre travelled to Michigan to face new team the Holland United One. This new team hasn't been changed at all by its new owners, who very well may have already been abandoned again.

When asked about the game earlier in the week, Coach Dobbs said "I am fully confident in our boys' ability to win this one with no problem. I'm so sure, I'm going to be going over tactics for next week's match during halftime. I'm just telling the boys to relax and have some fun. But be sure to get some goals in."

The game went pretty much just as expected, although Phillip Noel let in his first goal in quite a few league games. At Holland United One Arena, 4972 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Holland had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Crow - Keaton, Currier, Delong, Downey - Barnes, Brown, Spivey, Wood - Ryan, Porter.

Sceptre had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Noel - Bosch, Longhurst, Clifton, Nyholt - Coelho, Dyson, Bruchhaus, Henckel - Miklos, Myslbek.

Anders Nyholt received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 4:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score.

After 7 minutes Sceptres Graeme Longhurst made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 0-1.

After 22 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Jamison Dyson who increased Sceptre´s lead to 0-2.

Holland's Harold Delong scored 1-2 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net.

Sceptre came close to extending their lead as Pavel Miklos delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was to sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal.

The visitors Pavel Miklos took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 39:th minute. 1-3 for Sceptre.

The away team´s Pavel Myslbek took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 41st minute increasing Sceptre´s lead to 1-4.

Halftime score was 1-4. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Sceptre, with an impressive 66 percent possession of the ball.

In the 57:th minute Sceptres Maarten Bosch received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Richard Ryan the unlucky victim, couldn´t continue the game.

After 69 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Pavel Myslbek who increased Sceptre´s lead to 1-5. After this Sceptre lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts.

Sceptre, bringing the final ball possession rate to 70 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Holland player was Craig Crow. However, Teddy Spivey made a disastrous appearance. Most important Sceptre player was Jamison Dyson. However, Pedro Óscar Coelho made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1-5.

Boston Wyckyd Sceptre
Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: passable
Central Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: weak
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: poor

Holland United One
Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: inadequate
Central Defence: weak
Left Side Defence: weak
Right Side Attack: poor
Central Attack: poor

Match Stars
GK
Noel **~

WB
Bosch **
Nyholt **

CD
Bollinger **
Kamp **

Wing
Coelho *~

IM
Bruchhaus **~
Dyson **~
Henckel **

Forward
Myselbak **~
Miklos **

Wha' Happened?
A good, easy PIC victory over a terrible team. This was just a warmup, though, as we get a home-and-home with the HelterSkelters starting next week. This will be the real test, one I think we're up for.

Last edited by RonnieDobbs : 05-13-2003 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:52 AM   #65
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Around the League - Week 6

CRiSPyToWN FC - 9/Dark Warriors of Eclipse - 0

A no-brainer victory for CRiSPy.

HelterSkelter - 2/Oklahoma City Rednecks - 2

Two of my closest competition tie... I wonder if HS MOTS it? If so, he's an idiot as then I can pounce the next two weeks.

WalleyeUSA - 3/Raider$ - 0

Walleye's great defense shuts down the Raider$, who've been extremely inconsistent this year.

The Table
1. CRiSPyToWN FC (32 - 3)/18

2. Boston Wyckyd Sceptre (15 - 6)/12
3. Oklahoma City Rednecks (21 - 8)/11
4. WalleyeUSA (12 - 9)/10

5. Raider$ (13 - 17)/9
6. HelterSkelters (19 - 12)/7

7. Dark Warriors of Eclipse (5 - 34)/3
8. Holland United One (1 - 29)/0

That's pretty. That's real pretty. #2 with a bullet, eh? Not sure it will last, but a #2 finish is the best I can hope for this season and it's my goal, although I think an unlikely one.

Old 05-13-2003, 10:58 AM   #66
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Outgoing

So, after the game I was feeling dumb about paying 100K for a 32 year old. I decided to put Jamison Dyson back up for transfer starting at 100K. 5 minutes later, there's a bid. He won't run out until Wed. night, but he's leaving.

Incoming
However, I still wanted to improve the midfield. I was going after a nice *** 23 year old IM, but some bullshit team called the Scranton Slime had more cash to throw in his face. However, I finally settled upon this guy, a new fixture to my midfield.

Per Åkerkvist (945324)
27 years, solid form, healthy

A sympathetic guy who is temperamental and dishonest.
Has poor experience and weak leadership abilities.

Speciality: Quick

Nationality: Sverige
Assessed value: 100 000 US$
Wage: 1 380 US$/week including 20% Bonus
Warnings: 1

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: weak
Winger: poor Defending: weak
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

I paid 98K for him. He's a *** normal midfielder who I hope will do wonders for me. I'm very excited to see what he can do and this time I think I actually got a bargain.

I also picked up this dude:

Berend Ruardi (5806667)
30 years, passable form, healthy

A sympathetic guy who is temperamental and honest.
Has weak experience and poor leadership abilities.

Nationality: Nederland
Assessed value: 39 000 US$
Wage: 1 032 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Stamina: passable Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: passable Passing: inadequate
Winger: inadequate Defending: poor
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: passable

Paid 14K for him. He'll be a backup IM/starting winger towards middle I think. He's getting some play in the FOFC Cup this Wednesday to see how he does.

Next: The FOFC Cup Begins!!!

Old 05-13-2003, 08:33 PM   #67
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by RonnieDobbs
I was going after a nice *** 23 year old IM, but some bullshit team called the Scranton Slime had more cash to throw in his face.

Lol- FOFC is starting to play too much hattrick when we're getting in bidding wars

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 06:06 AM   #68
condors
College Starter

good luck in our cup match
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 12:44 PM   #69
Airhog
Captain Obvious